Sign in to follow this  
Pinks

Town in takeover!!!!

That article is a list of anyone with an interest in buying any football club.  With the exception of the 2 15% shareholders, any of them could be looking to buy into any one of 10 Championship clubs.

The EADT can exclusively reveal that 2 parties are involved.

But for some reason we have to spend the rest of the article wondering who it list, listing a pretty unlikely group of people.

Time may prove me wrong, but a new director coming in is not likely to have any great effect on our neighbours. A complete buyout might, however...

"Town in Takeover Talks" will be all the rage in the press, since their normal speculations over players going in will be amazingly unlikely at the moment and asking which players will leave depressing.  Also it is alliterative, we would have: "City Courting Cash".If you were an Ipswich fan what would you pay to read?
  • Town may be taken over.
  • Town can''t buy anyone.
  • Town selling anyone they can get money for.
While we are argueing about how deeply we are in the dodoo, they are in it SO much further.  The pink''un can still run "player X linked to City" stories without being (automatically) laughed at.

I also saw this, but didn''t want to mention it through fear of stating another thread about possible phantom Scum revolution.

Like all "News" in the EADT I will treat it lightly and believe it when I see it.

I think they have to get new owners before they can go into administration again as I don''t believe a club can go into administration twice under the same ownership. If this is true then a takeover may not be such a bad thing [;)]

Perphaps Tesco''s are going to buy them, to turn Portman Road into a new store ?????

IF there are any "new" investors looking at them why can''t Norwich find someone to put some cash in ????

You''ll all be reading the same stuff about us in a year or so''s time believe me. Gloat at your peril, because while they haven''t "wasted" millions on their ground (aka restaurant) like City...they have a better and younger squad.

Who would want to buy them?  At least they are seeking new investment as opposed to Delia who won''t have anyone elses fingers in her dolls house. I''m sure they won''t limit interest to purely Suffolk residents either....which if they did would open the door for "you know who".......please?

Get real guys....and let''s get our own house in order before we start throwing stones elsewhere.  What''s this obsession with Ipswich anyway?  It''s 40 plus miles away from us and only "local" because we make it so. Try being Bolton or Tranmere....there your heads would swivel off your shoulders in a fortnight.

[quote user="Cluck "]

You''ll all be reading the same stuff about us in a year or so''s time believe me. Gloat at your peril, because while they haven''t "wasted" millions on their ground (aka restaurant) like City...they have a better and younger squad.

Who would want to buy them?  At least they are seeking new investment as opposed to Delia who won''t have anyone elses fingers in her dolls house. I''m sure they won''t limit interest to purely Suffolk residents either....which if they did would open the door for "you know who".......please?

Get real guys....and let''s get our own house in order before we start throwing stones elsewhere.  What''s this obsession with Ipswich anyway?  It''s 40 plus miles away from us and only "local" because we make it so. Try being Bolton or Tranmere....there your heads would swivel off your shoulders in a fortnight.

[/quote]

Didn''t Ipswich "waste" millions on the Brittania stand and then millions more on the south stand. Both of these developments sent them in to financial problems. The cost of the development of the south stand is the reason for the huge Norwich Union debt they are currently struggling with.

Didin''t Delia say at the a.g.m that she would consider investment if it came along? May have been dreaming this. I know that this isn''t actively seeking it but the EADT post re. Ipswich says that investors had contacted the club, so maybe the board don''t need to actively seek it.

I really don''t understand the obsession with not enjoying a rivalry with Ipswich...surely this is part of the whole fan thing. Just because we are further away than Liverpool and Everton shouldn''t make a difference. Its just geography. It makes you sound like a killjoy. [:D]

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

Didn''t Ipswich "waste" millions on the Brittania stand and then millions more on the south stand. Both of these developments sent them in to financial problems. The cost of the development of the south stand is the reason for the huge Norwich Union debt they are currently struggling with.

Didin''t Delia say at the a.g.m that she would consider investment if it came along? May have been dreaming this. I know that this isn''t actively seeking it but the EADT post re. Ipswich says that investors had contacted the club, so maybe the board don''t need to actively seek it.

I really don''t understand the obsession with not enjoying a rivalry with Ipswich...surely this is part of the whole fan thing. Just because we are further away than Liverpool and Everton shouldn''t make a difference. Its just geography. It makes you sound like a killjoy. [:D]

[/quote]

You obviously didn''t hear her interview on Radio Norfolk the other week, when she spouted something along the lines of investors having to be from Norfolk [^o)]

It''s a pathetic approach from a gutless board who can''t stand the thought of having someone else cramp their style or interfere with their plaything...

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You obviously didn''t hear her interview on Radio Norfolk the other week, when she spouted something along the lines of investors having to be from Norfolk [^o)]

It''s a pathetic approach from a gutless board who can''t stand the thought of having someone else cramp their style or interfere with their plaything...

[/quote]

Radio Norfolk is an unobtainable luxury in IP1[:(]

Myabe they are just trying to sell their season tickets.

Takeover News Close

By Philip Ham
Date: 2/5/2007

TWTD understands that Town are close to announcing an agreement regarding the restructuring of their debt, paving the way for new investment into the club.

The Blues have been in talks with Morley Fund Management for some months regarding a write-down of the £28 million owed on the bond which funded the building of the two new stands.

A national newspaper report at the weekend revealed that a Town takeover was on the cards, however, this seemed highly unlikely until the club had found a solution to their debts totalling £36 million.

We understand that potential investors have been involved in the club''s negotiations with Morley, which are likely to see the bond debt reduced by two-thirds to around £10 million.

The club are set to receive a cash injection into the playing budget and it is our understanding that at least some of that money will come from existing shareholders, with city businessman Michael Spencer long rumoured to be keen on increasing his stake in the club.

Get the fastest and most comprehensive Ipswich Town news service at ipswichtown.footballlatest.co.uk.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Just so we can get some clarification on exactly what she said on Radio Norfolk, I looked up the transcript from here:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/norfolk/content/articles/2007/03/29/radionorfolk_delia_smith_march07__feature.shtml

[quote]

If some money from abroad was offered to Carrow Road, is that something you''d consider?

Delia: Never, never, never.

I think football has been sold down the line for a few people who''ve made a lot of money and I think the national game is a symptom of what''s really wrong.

When you watch an England game, we''re seeing the results. If you look at who Steve McClaren has to choose from, most of the Premiership clubs have foreign footballers.

So all that money that came in, went to one small group of football clubs and then goes back out to Europe to buy players, while in our country football festers and is in serious trouble.

[/quote]

I am by no means defending ''Saint'' Delia, but I don''t think she can be ever accused of only wanting people from Norfolk to invest, just wanted to set that straight. That said, I think taking a stand against foreign investment is a silly idea when every Tom, Dick and Binner is doing it. We''ill never keep up without it.

[quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]Nothing you write in support of your ceaseless and baseless campaign to talk down our club surprises me Cluck, but you''ve come close this time. The restaurant in the last set of accounts i saw contributed 750,000 pounds to the club''s coffers. Not even in your s*** tinted world can you call that wasting money. Sorry but I''ve really had it with you supporting your arguments with made up clap trap. Tell me, do you drag everyone around you down (if there''s anyone around you left) or do you just do it to yourself? Because you won''t do it on here!

[quote user="Cluck "]

At least they are seeking new investment as opposed to Delia who won''t have anyone elses fingers in her dolls house.

[/quote]

As I''ve said on here before Cluck (And yes, I was hammered for it!) NCFC is Delia''s baby, and you don''t sell your children...........do you?.

Despite Delia''s hollow ''sell shares'' quote, she will never, ever, allow this to happen in my opinion.

Only protests, or the much more unlikly, an ''aggressive'' buisness ''takeover'' has any chance of removing her.

Until then, expect yet more ''non investment'' from the Z'' list celebrity cook and her croonies. If you can''t see this, then you''re just as quilty as they are in my eyes.

Come on people, wake up and smell the coffee!.

Its being boiled dry.

Unfortunatly at Norwich we have unambitious country bumpkins in charge. Our Boardroom of Losers opinion of the sort of foreign investment successful clubs have been utilising is as follows:

Rick Waghorn wrote:  "the club''s principal shareholder Delia Smith has already stated in public that they will never sell to a foreign investor."

Pathetic as usual from a bunch of unambitious morons living in the past...

[quote]

Unfortunatly at Norwich we have unambitious country bumpkins in

charge. Our Boardroom of Losers opinion of the sort of foreign

investment successful clubs have been utilising is as follows:

Rick Waghorn wrote:  "the club''s principal shareholder Delia Smith

has already stated in public that they will never sell to a foreign

investor."

Pathetic as usual from a bunch of unambitious morons living in the past...[/quote]

Good to see you''re refining your anti-board rants into a 50 word cut-and-paste version, which should make for easy application into any thread.  You''re probably a very effective programmer.I''d like new money to come in and prove you wrong, I''m sure you would too.  I''m starting to think it won''t though. [:)]

[quote user="Mark Smith"][quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Just so we can get some clarification on exactly what she said on Radio Norfolk, I looked up the transcript from here:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/norfolk/content/articles/2007/03/29/radionorfolk_delia_smith_march07__feature.shtml

[quote]

If some money from abroad was offered to Carrow Road, is that something you''d consider?

I think football has been sold down the line for a few people who''ve made a lot of money and I think the national game is a symptom of what''s really wrong.

When you watch an England game, we''re seeing the results. If you look at who Steve McClaren has to choose from, most of the Premiership clubs have foreign footballers.

So all that money that came in, went to one small group of football clubs and then goes back out to Europe to buy players, while in our country football festers and is in serious trouble.

[/quote]

I am by no means defending ''Saint'' Delia, but I don''t think she can be ever accused of only wanting people from Norfolk to invest, just wanted to set that straight. That said, I think taking a stand against foreign investment is a silly idea when every Tom, Dick and Binner is doing it. We''ill never keep up without it.

[/quote]

All well and good, but don''t any of us remember a previous quote whereby Delia said she would only sell up to people who turned up at Carrow Road in yellow and green declaring their undying love for Norwich City?

She''s simply trying to close off all avenues so she can stay in power. Talk about egotistical.

[quote user="a1canary"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

Nothing you write in support of your ceaseless and baseless campaign to talk down our club surprises me Cluck, but you''ve come close this time. The restaurant in the last set of accounts i saw contributed 750,000 pounds to the club''s coffers. Not even in your s*** tinted world can you call that wasting money. Sorry but I''ve really had it with you supporting your arguments with made up clap trap. Tell me, do you drag everyone around you down (if there''s anyone around you left) or do you just do it to yourself? Because you won''t do it on here!
[/quote]

unlike you a1Canary some people live in the real world.

I think

football has been sold down the line for a few people who''ve made a lot

of money and I think the national game is a symptom of what''s really

wrong.

When you

watch an England game, we''re seeing the results. If you look at who

Steve McClaren has to choose from, most of the Premiership clubs have

foreign footballers.

So all

that money that came in, went to one small group of football clubs and

then goes back out to Europe to buy players, while in our country

football festers and is in serious trouble.

I do have to note that I actually agree with delia on all but the first 3 words - somebody needs to make a stand about the way the modern game is going.

I just wish it wasn''t us.  I don''t know if that makes me a hypocrit or what exactly, but I''ll admit to it.I''m just wondering what will happen when there are 27 forgein owned clubs that are trying to buy their way into europe - one won''t even make the championship playoffs - would not like to be that club.

[quote user="Grumpy "][quote user="a1canary"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]Nothing you write in support of your ceaseless and baseless campaign to talk down our club surprises me Cluck, but you''ve come close this time. The restaurant in the last set of accounts i saw contributed 750,000 pounds to the club''s coffers. Not even in your s*** tinted world can you call that wasting money. Sorry but I''ve really had it with you supporting your arguments with made up clap trap. Tell me, do you drag everyone around you down (if there''s anyone around you left) or do you just do it to yourself? Because you won''t do it on here![/quote]

[/quote]well if your ''world'' grumpy is one where people make things up (e.g. we''ve wasted millions on the restaurant), who''s the one living in reality? I''m not and never have said that everything is rosy in the garden (which anyone who doesn''t totally slate the club is accused of thinking), but i won''t accept people spouting rubbish to support their arguments/campaigns.

[quote user="a1canary"][quote user="Grumpy "][quote user="a1canary"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

Nothing you write in support of your ceaseless and baseless campaign to talk down our club surprises me Cluck, but you''ve come close this time. The restaurant in the last set of accounts i saw contributed 750,000 pounds to the club''s coffers. Not even in your s*** tinted world can you call that wasting money. Sorry but I''ve really had it with you supporting your arguments with made up clap trap. Tell me, do you drag everyone around you down (if there''s anyone around you left) or do you just do it to yourself? Because you won''t do it on here!
[/quote]

[/quote]

well if your ''world'' grumpy is one where people make things up (e.g. we''ve wasted millions on the restaurant), who''s the one living in reality? I''m not and never have said that everything is rosy in the garden (which anyone who doesn''t totally slate the club is accused of thinking), but i won''t accept people spouting rubbish to support their arguments/campaigns.
[/quote]

But clearly you will accept restaurants over football?

You''ll come back and say that it has raised much needed funds, but because I anticipate that, I''ll say why aren''t those funds being spent on the football?

It is a football club, remember. Not a bloody hotel. Oh wait...

[quote user="7rew"]
I''m just wondering what will happen when there are 27 forgein owned clubs that are trying to buy their way into europe - one won''t even make the championship playoffs - would not like to be that club.

[/quote]

This is a point I was trying to make the other day. Of course we all would like for our club to have big investment, foreign investment if need be, because then we can compete with the top clubs in the country again. But what happens if we are not the last to have that investment, what happens when the top 50 clubs in the country all have this investment. How will they all fit into the Premier League or even the Championship. How will the top clubs in the country react if they feel threatened by this investment. Will they just attract more investment from whatever source they can get it to keep their status as the Premierships top clubs whose right it is to play in the Champions League.

So what happens when the big investors who have no real allegiance to their club realise they can''t buy the success they want. What ties will keep them at the club that''s begun to bleed them dry. Will they hang around and try to develop new revenue streams and work at making the club a success or will they turn their backs and walk away.

This is not an argument against Delia being forced to sell up just a vision to where it will all end up. I don''t know the answers to all the questions in this post and I doubt if any of you do. What I do know is our game is becoming less and less about football and more and more about money. At the top level it''s already becoming a TV sport where the fans are measured by what they spend on merchandise instead of tickets.

Where will it all end?

[quote user="a1canary"]but i won''t accept people spouting rubbish to support their arguments/campaigns.
[/quote]

Will you be my friend?? [*] [B] [;)]

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="a1canary"][quote user="Grumpy "][quote user="a1canary"][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]Nothing you write in support of your ceaseless and baseless campaign to talk down our club surprises me Cluck, but you''ve come close this time. The restaurant in the last set of accounts i saw contributed 750,000 pounds to the club''s coffers. Not even in your s*** tinted world can you call that wasting money. Sorry but I''ve really had it with you supporting your arguments with made up clap trap. Tell me, do you drag everyone around you down (if there''s anyone around you left) or do you just do it to yourself? Because you won''t do it on here![/quote]

[/quote]well if your ''world'' grumpy is one where people make things up (e.g. we''ve wasted millions on the restaurant), who''s the one living in reality? I''m not and never have said that everything is rosy in the garden (which anyone who doesn''t totally slate the club is accused of thinking), but i won''t accept people spouting rubbish to support their arguments/campaigns.[/quote]

But clearly you will accept restaurants over football?

You''ll come back and say that it has raised much needed funds, but because I anticipate that, I''ll say why aren''t those funds being spent on the football?

It is a football club, remember. Not a bloody hotel. Oh wait...

[/quote]   Don''t change the subject alex - the point is that cluck was comparing ITFC expenditure on their stadium to ours on the restaurant, which as a comparison is so totally absurd it defies belief! In order to rebuild their stadium, Town gambled their future by mortgaging themselves up to the hilt to the point where they will never be able to buy or pay top championship players, or pay back their debt unless they get back to the premiership. We built a restuarant that has paid for itself and makes a tidy profit. Whatever the ins and outs and rights or wrongs of us running a restuarant at the club, the comparison is utter nonsense.

I understand that Ipswich have now found a new investor and are very close to having at least half of their £36m debt wiped out.

Statement is likely next week (so I''m told by an Ipswich shareholder)