Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

cheers dion.

sounds like dion''s off.

thanks for the effort and commitment to the cause you''ve shown for city this year dion, and the fantastic example you''ve set to all around, especially the younger players.

for me, his stirring defensive display in the home win against sunderland stood out. 

good luck dd.

Good Call LGT, Thanks for all your hard work Dublin, you''ve been one of the best players we''ve had this season! All the best for the future!

(any chance of another season?)

He let slip on canary call and said ''my last game'' before immediatly correcting himself. But seems to me the guys off. Thanks for what you have done this season Dion, and all the best for you and the family

Thanks Dion mate for everything you have given us supporters this last year! You have given 110% every game! More than a lot of our whole team put together! Your an example not just on the pitch but off the pitch!

In your post match interview on Radio Norfolk you summed up Norwich city''s season when talking about our performance against Wednesday! Mediocre, embaressing!

Im sorry mate you deserve better than us the way we have played this season! Maybe we will see you again when you grace Carrow Road again as manager!

Just by chance you dont fancy taking over this club do you? Like Niall Quinn did at Sunderland! You will never be forgotten and will always go down as a Norwich legend mate altho you werent here for too long!

DION DION DION!

OTBC!

I hope you decide to stay Dion, I spent 10 years working away from home, it''s hell! But Leicester to Norwich is not too far. Just imagine if you stayed with us from the start we would have had 20 odd years of one of the best of our time.

Best of luck in whatever you do you are an inspiration!

Thanks for what you have given Dublin.

However I will say one harsh thing and that is our offer can not have been the only one on the table when signed on a free in the autumn. I hope that should you go (which looks imanent) it is for all of the right reasons.

then dont go up the a47 then. simple.hit the A11 and then the A14 and it takes around 2 hours. i used to live there so i drove to norwich before every home game, then drove back again after.wasn''t hard at all. was worth it to keep watching ncfc.

Norwich City veteran Dion Dublin insists he has yet to make a decision over his future despite appearing to say his goodbyes to the Canaries'' fans at Hillsborough yesterday.

The 38-year-old ran over to the 2,000 travelling City supporters and looked to be saying farewell after the 3-2 defeat although Dublin revealed he will be sitting down with his family in the coming days to decide his immediate future.

Dublin, who scored City''s second goal with a looping header against Sheffield Wednesday, insisted his gesture of clapping the Norwich fans at the end of the contest was nothing more than to thank them for their fantastic support.

"It was me saying thanks for your support this season," he said. "And thanks for travelling so far today.

"I''ll go have talks with my family and do what''s right for them - if that means signing for Norwich next season then I will do that.

"I''ve only got one decision to make and we all know what that is - it''s to do what''s best for my family."

Dublin said that whatever happens he will look upon his time at Norwich as a very happy period in his career.

"I can only say thank you to the fans for taking me to their hearts this year. They have been so good to me.

"The respect I''ve got from the players is great. The staff have been great. I have not got one bad thing to say about Norwich City Football Club."

Dublin is confident that he still has at least one more season left in his legs after terrorising the Owls'' defence in the second half with his flick-ons and presence in the opposing penalty area.

"I feel that I can still affect a game," said the former England international. "I think that there''s a little bit left in the legs - definitely another season.

"The hunger will never go away. Even when I retire that will never go away. When I retire and I''m doing whatever I''m doing then I''ll still want to get out there."

Dublin said it was nice to be restored to his favoured position of striker in the second half against Sheffield Wednesday although he described the Canaries'' first half performance as "embarrassing".

"I haven''t scored for a while. It''s what I do that''s my job and what I feel like I have to do in my job.

"I''ve played a lot at centre half - it''s very satisfying going up and winning headers and keeping clean sheets. But to score today on my last game was superb.

"But (the performance) was slightly embarrassing to be honest with you. The second half was better and we showed a little bit of something that was needed in the first half."

Yep, Dion has been good for us this season, he''s held our defence together at times and his experience has probably helped us stay clear of releagation trouble. So thanks and good luck.

Though, Dion deciding to go in my opinion might not be such bad thing, as we need to  look to the future, and get conistency and with his age i dont think he''ll be up to playing enough games.

[quote user="DTT"]then dont go up the a47 then. simple.

hit the A11 and then the A14 and it takes around 2 hours. i used to live there so i drove to norwich before every home game, then drove back again after.
wasn''t hard at all. was worth it to keep watching ncfc.
[/quote]

I wasn''t referring to myself -  born and brought up in Norwich and a home season ticket holder I''ll be there most weeks - but DD''s a wealthy man, has a young family to consider, and is a Midlander.

Put''s an entirely different slant on the matter, doesn''t it ?...........

Thanks for everything you done Dion. Ill put my hands up and admit I questioned what was going on in Worthys head when it was announced but you have more than proved me wrong. The kind of inspirational leader and commanding pressense we have missed since Malky left. Always given 110% and not afraid to put your body on the line for the cause. One of the good things that have come out of another poor season. If this is to be your last game (which i hope it isnt!) good luck with where ever the future takes you.

On the ball city

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]Commuting to Celtic must have been a drag last year and so many routes to choose from...[/quote]

Funny thing money isnt it.... if we were paying what Celtic were paying he''d have a mansion here now

jas :)

Can only say Thank You Dion. 100% week-in week-out, been an absolute pleasure to watch, and to have as part of our team.

I am gagging for the announcement that I''m pretty sure isn''t going to come, so good luck in whatever you choose to do big man, your work for NCFC wont be forgotten in a hurry.

Cheers Dion, a true pro and a legend in only one season! My apologies to Dion and Worthy for doubting the move!Though has there actually been any official word as yet? Surely this is just speculation, in which case does it warrant being a sticky? Unless the web team know something we don''t, like an impending announcement already written and ready for approval? [;)]

Yh dion looks to be off but what a player we had and what an influence he made on our team in such a short amount of time. Dion for norwich manager any day.

We love you dion!

OTBC!

Cheers Dion for your outstanding performances and 100% effort since you''ve been at this club. A true pro and a fantastic gent, good luck in anything you do DD.

It''s a shame this club continues to suffer merely as a result of our geographic location, but good for Dion in that he puts his family first, as it should be.

Good luck Dion, and thanks for showing us (and your team mates) how to wear our shirt with pride, how to conduct yourself on the pitch and how to inspire your team mates.

Could you please insist before you leave that the complacent bunch who trotted around in the Southampton game are made to watch video evidence of yourself showing commitment for the cause.

A true pro who has shown age doesn''t come into it.  Effort and commitment do.

Having had to do Stratford upon Avon to Norwich regularly I can see why Dion would want to avoid it. 

Cheers Dion, especially for your football brain and big gob (I mean that in a good way).

Having said that he could stay yet....