Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Cluck et al vindicated

I challenge any apologist for the current regime to read and digest the recent interview of Roger Munby, NCFC chairman, with Chris Lakey, and tell us that Cluck et al have not been clearly vindicated in their analysis of the current state of our club.

Let us not forget that Roger Munby is the approved front man for our clubs'' owners.

Either our clubs'' owners should fire him for misrepresentation, or - if the interview is reflective of their views - then they themselves should take a walk.

The New Norwich City is gradually being officially revealed.

Appallling. Absolutely appalling.

My heart is heavy.

OTBC

Well, I''ve read it and it sounds to me as though he is just stating the obvious - we don''t have a heap of money to splash around and are going to have to trust to good judgement rather than a never ending purse. The only way that it vidicates 1st Wiz, Cluck and Smudger is if you buy into their view that everybody else is pefectly happy with the state of the club as it is - ie with the reasoning capacity of a four year old. I have lost track of the number of times people have tried to explain to them that just because people don''t agree with them on the solution needed (which, by the way, hasn''t had a clear exposition despite tons of requests for them to do just that) does NOT mean that those people feel that everything is ''rosy'' at Carrow Road.

If anything, I think that Munby''s interview comes closer to vindicating Blahblahblah''s excellent answer to the ''a fair read'' thread.  

My god, Cluck gets an ''et al'' after his name these days does he?

He truly has arrived......just as he''s about to depart!

macdougall''s perm

Well, I''ve read it and it sounds to me as though he is just stating the obvious - we don''t have a heap of money to splash around and are going to have to trust to good judgement rather than a never ending purse. The only way that it vidicates 1st Wiz, Cluck and Smudger is if you buy into their view that everybody else is pefectly happy with the state of the club as it is - ie with the reasoning capacity of a four year old. I have lost track of the number of times people have tried to explain to them that just because people don''t agree with them on the solution needed (which, by the way, hasn''t had a clear exposition despite tons of requests for them to do just that) does NOT mean that those people feel that everything is ''rosy'' at Carrow Road.

If anything, I think that Munby''s interview comes closer to vindicating Blahblahblah''s excellent answer to the ''a fair read'' thread.  

Or put another way......showing the independance of mind which enables us to avoid being bulldozed. As regards to the "tried to explain" element....what you actually mean is "tried to push into your way of thinking".  Waste of time that matey...as I don''t do giving in to misguided pressure for the sake of being popular.

Staggering you should appear to accept that everything is not "rosy" in the Carrow Road garden...yet daren''t step outside of your blissful bubble to insist on change.  Since when did anything happen in life without being demanded by the customer? Sit tight at your peril....although that for you I think is a foregone conclusion.

BlyBly correctly observed the ONC and NNC scenario at the club....One fights, the other capitulates. Take your seat with the latter Mac and eventually enjoy the fruits from the efforts of others who are not so lilly livered.

You''ve got to be having a laugh, I am not trying to bulldoze you into anything - you can think exactly what you like. All I am saying is that you are constantly trying to divide everything into an easily definable us and them situation al a Bush, ie if I don''t agree with you then I must be completely content with everything to do with our football club. And guess what, I am not, I just don''t agree with your proposed solution (not that you''ve even proffered one).

Please explain how this is me trying to bulldoze you into anything, because I honestly don''t see how it is.

And on the subject of me suggesting that we sit tight and do nothing - where have I said that?? I haven''t, in fact in the post which you have have selectively quoted from I have said that I think that blahblahblah''s post is the most eminently sensible suggestion for what should be done.

And how exactly are you ''fighting'' for anything? By typing a load of melodramatic and misogynistic claptrap into a message board forty times a day - get real!!

Okay Macdougalls Perm, try this for size:

I believe that every season ticket holder who renewed their tickets early, have by their actions, given their permission to the board, Delia and Munby, to issue such negative statements because THEY know THEY can always get away with it.

Like Cluck has so rightly said, the board, by their own addmission, have made a budget for mid table and below, knowing full well that the loyal but dim supporters will still lap it up.

It is that blind loyality (and to a degree....an irrational fear of the club going under!) which allows Smith and Co to prosper, and the standard of football served up each week, to reach a new low.

And if you just accept our lack of cash as a glib matter of fact MP, then I''m afraid I don''t buy into that as the rest of our supporters seem happy to do.

Munby''s statement has signalled no investment, ambition or hope for the imediate future of City. Just more same old same.

It doesn''t take a 4 year old to work that out.

But it does take a 4 year old to deny it!.

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[/quote]

This is how it''s done Blanch

In response to MacDougall as the quote thing don''t appair t''be workun... sort it out lads and lasses = P

Exactly what I would have said. The small group of extremeists I

suppose you could call them argue that protests are the way forward and

a buyout of the club is needed. I don''t disagree with this entirely and

I''m sure there are a lot of people who also believe that either big

changes or a complete buyout is required to get us moving more

progressively. However, like many others I also understand that

investors don''t just appear from nothing and although it is a nice club

with a good fan base there are many many other clubs of the same sort

of standing that are in the same situation. If I had the money I would

invest but I''m going to have to stick with the club and support the

team as I have done since I was a lad. There isn''t a great deal we can

do. Shouting at the board isn''t going to make us a more attractive

proposition for investors is it. We''ve just got to stick with the team

and be patient. Of course this will be turned around to read "I don''t

care, I don''t know what I''m on about" which is rubbish. Sure we can

complain and not be happy with the situation but unfortunately until

someone takes an interest we are just going to have to try and move

forward the hard way and that means hardwork and sticking together as

supporters. Or is that just a rubbish statement?

[quote user="Rasputin was a C..."]In response to MacDougall as the quote thing don''t appair t''be workun... sort it out lads and lasses = P

Exactly what I would have said. The small group of extremeists I suppose you could call them argue that protests are the way forward and a buyout of the club is needed. I don''t disagree with this entirely and I''m sure there are a lot of people who also believe that either big changes or a complete buyout is required to get us moving more progressively. However, like many others I also understand that investors don''t just appear from nothing and although it is a nice club with a good fan base there are many many other clubs of the same sort of standing that are in the same situation. If I had the money I would invest but I''m going to have to stick with the club and support the team as I have done since I was a lad. There isn''t a great deal we can do. Shouting at the board isn''t going to make us a more attractive proposition for investors is it. We''ve just got to stick with the team and be patient. Of course this will be turned around to read "I don''t care, I don''t know what I''m on about" which is rubbish. Sure we can complain and not be happy with the situation but unfortunately until someone takes an interest we are just going to have to try and move forward the hard way and that means hardwork and sticking together as supporters. Or is that just a rubbish statement?
[/quote]

Rasputin....If you park your nice car outside your house...some people may admire it.  If however you put a "for sale" card on it....people may ask the price and decide to buy it.

NCFC is not up for sale despite the "spun" version that DS and Co. are seeking investment...the outrageous conditions attached to it making it a laughable statement.

If offered in good faith...there would be buyers interested, just as there were when Watling, South, Chase and Smith came along. There is a smell of fear among the City faithful thanks to the lingering "saviour" tag cleverly worked by Smith when she arrived here on her white charger. It''s just a business like any other...and if there is scope for profit it would attract buyers....just as it did for Smith and Jones.

[quote user="Cluck "]

Rasputin....If you park your nice car outside your house...some people may admire it.  If however you put a "for sale" card on it....people may ask the price and decide to buy it.

NCFC is not up for sale despite the "spun" version that DS and Co. are seeking investment...the outrageous conditions attached to it making it a laughable statement.

If offered in good faith...there would be buyers interested, just as there were when Watling, South, Chase and Smith came along. There is a smell of fear among the City faithful thanks to the lingering "saviour" tag cleverly worked by Smith when she arrived here on her white charger. It''s just a business like any other...and if there is scope for profit it would attract buyers....just as it did for Smith and Jones.

[/quote]Its quite amusing. You see my dad has been trying to sell his car for about 6 months now. Its fairly priced but because its a Mondeo there are hundreds of others that are also similarly priced. Norwich City are the Mondeo of football clubs. Yes I''m sure if they clearly said Norwich are up for sale and any investors are welcome they might get some interest. But there are so many other clubs that are in the same position as us that would have the same appeal to investors. That is what I was trying to say. I''m not disagreeing with you at all, we do need a big change at board level. Whether that be someone with money to invest, or someone with greater knowledge of football to convince the current incumbents that sitting on their hands isn''t going to get us anywhere. Sadly though we as supporters can''t do a great deal about it. We''ve just got to stay with the team and give them our support. I don''t see how protests and so on can really help, all it would do is make a nice big scratch down the side of our car... I mean football club.

[quote user="Rasputin was a C..."][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

Its quite amusing. You see my dad has been trying to sell his car for about 6 months now. Its fairly priced but because its a Mondeo there are hundreds of others that are also similarly priced. Norwich City are the Mondeo of football clubs. Yes I''m sure if they clearly said Norwich are up for sale and any investors are welcome they might get some interest. But there are so many other clubs that are in the same position as us that would have the same appeal to investors. That is what I was trying to say. I''m not disagreeing with you at all, we do need a big change at board level. Whether that be someone with money to invest, or someone with greater knowledge of football to convince the current incumbents that sitting on their hands isn''t going to get us anywhere. Sadly though we as supporters can''t do a great deal about it. We''ve just got to stay with the team and give them our support. I don''t see how protests and so on can really help, all it would do is make a nice big scratch down the side of our car...

I mean football club.
[/quote]

A billionaire may not look at your dad''s car....but someone with an eye to restoring it and a wad to spend on it might. Every buyer looks for something different...and even the colour can often swing a deal.

No-one is expecting an Abramovich to come along...but just as Smith picked up a bargain....so should the forthcoming (God willing) purchaser.  If Smith "loves" this club (as she laughingly claims)...she should be making sure right now that the slide into obscurity is halted....even if it means losing her pseudo-royal status. It''s obvious that it is little more than a toy to her....and those who continue to bank roll her dream are doing the club no favours long term.

You say "protests" are pointless....but I disagree.  If the issue was trivial...or some fans were just unhappy about losing a star player, fair enough.....but this forum and the 24000 regular attendees shows that the club means a great deal to alot of people...not to mention (I''m just going to anyway) the tens of thousands of "casual" fans up and down the country.

Protests would be to preserve the club, not wreck it and few revolutions have had successful outcomes by sitting quietly by.......so like it or not change will only come about if we demand it.   Fair enough if you and others don''t have the stomach for a fight after the Worthington lynching......but that farce left the job only half done and the true rot in the club stems directly from the Boardroom. Basically we shot the messenger but left the author unharmed.

No-one in their right mind enjoys strife.....but sometimes a bloody nose can be worth it if it brings about harmony. There will be no peace at Carrow Road until radical changes are made I can assure you....and the time for "wait and see" tactics have long since passed.

Protests would be to preserve the club, not wreck it.Intentions and effect are different, and which one is the road to hell being paved with good ones of?

[quote user="Cluck "]

[quote user="Rasputin was a C..."]In response to MacDougall as the quote thing don''t appair t''be workun... sort it out lads and lasses = P

Exactly what I would have said. The small group of extremeists I suppose you could call them argue that protests are the way forward and a buyout of the club is needed. I don''t disagree with this entirely and I''m sure there are a lot of people who also believe that either big changes or a complete buyout is required to get us moving more progressively. However, like many others I also understand that investors don''t just appear from nothing and although it is a nice club with a good fan base there are many many other clubs of the same sort of standing that are in the same situation. If I had the money I would invest but I''m going to have to stick with the club and support the team as I have done since I was a lad. There isn''t a great deal we can do. Shouting at the board isn''t going to make us a more attractive proposition for investors is it. We''ve just got to stick with the team and be patient. Of course this will be turned around to read "I don''t care, I don''t know what I''m on about" which is rubbish. Sure we can complain and not be happy with the situation but unfortunately until someone takes an interest we are just going to have to try and move forward the hard way and that means hardwork and sticking together as supporters. Or is that just a rubbish statement?
[/quote]

[/quote]

There is a fatal problem with this - since when has any club put themselves up for sale unless they are not in severe financial difficulties and facing administration?

When you sell your car you don''t drive it round and try and sell it door to door. Read into comments as much as you like but Delia''s comments before were quite public and were an open invitation. Sure Delia may have turned down some offers for her shairs but now she has made a comment like that and the fans knowing that more investment is needed how quiet do you think a failed takeover would be kept?

Its more than likely as with many, many other cases the person leading a bid would go straight to the press and get public support behind a renewed bid. It is not rocket science - there has been nothing so much as even a whisper to suggest anyone has made an approach for the club at this time.

As I have said many times before sometimes it is the defenition of the hole left after the words have been said that form the truth of a situation.

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Rasputin was a C..."][quote user="Cluck "]

[/quote]

Its quite amusing. You see my dad has been trying to sell his car for about 6 months now. Its fairly priced but because its a Mondeo there are hundreds of others that are also similarly priced. Norwich City are the Mondeo of football clubs. Yes I''m sure if they clearly said Norwich are up for sale and any investors are welcome they might get some interest. But there are so many other clubs that are in the same position as us that would have the same appeal to investors. That is what I was trying to say. I''m not disagreeing with you at all, we do need a big change at board level. Whether that be someone with money to invest, or someone with greater knowledge of football to convince the current incumbents that sitting on their hands isn''t going to get us anywhere. Sadly though we as supporters can''t do a great deal about it. We''ve just got to stay with the team and give them our support. I don''t see how protests and so on can really help, all it would do is make a nice big scratch down the side of our car...

I mean football club.
[/quote]

A billionaire may not look at your dad''s car....but someone with an eye to restoring it and a wad to spend on it might. Every buyer looks for something different...and even the colour can often swing a deal.

No-one is expecting an Abramovich to come along...but just as Smith picked up a bargain....so should the forthcoming (God willing) purchaser.  If Smith "loves" this club (as she laughingly claims)...she should be making sure right now that the slide into obscurity is halted....even if it means losing her pseudo-royal status. It''s obvious that it is little more than a toy to her....and those who continue to bank roll her dream are doing the club no favours long term.

You say "protests" are pointless....but I disagree.  If the issue was trivial...or some fans were just unhappy about losing a star player, fair enough.....but this forum and the 24000 regular attendees shows that the club means a great deal to alot of people...not to mention (I''m just going to anyway) the tens of thousands of "casual" fans up and down the country.

Protests would be to preserve the club, not wreck it and few revolutions have had successful outcomes by sitting quietly by.......so like it or not change will only come about if we demand it.   Fair enough if you and others don''t have the stomach for a fight after the Worthington lynching......but that farce left the job only half done and the true rot in the club stems directly from the Boardroom. Basically we shot the messenger but left the author unharmed.

No-one in their right mind enjoys strife.....but sometimes a bloody nose can be worth it if it brings about harmony. There will be no peace at Carrow Road until radical changes are made I can assure you....and the time for "wait and see" tactics have long since passed.

[/quote]

A few more are starting to see the light Cluck...

There are so many that are just a lost cause though... so many that are not worth taking 30 seconds out of your life and either wasting a bit of your breath or wiggling your fingers a little bit in order to give them an answer!!!

Nice to see Mr. Carrow and a couple of others starting to express their frustration though.