Sign in to follow this  
Savenell

5 players out

glad to see thorne, mlj, mcveigh and henderson leave but not fisk.surely he could have proven himself next season?

I think the fact that he has failed to even slightly impress at Kings Lynn suggests that he may be a liability in the Championship?...

[quote user="DumbleDelia is Magic"]At the end of the day, Grant sees Fisk everyday on the training pitch.  If he hasn''t got it, get rid.  I wouldn''t be surprised if Colin, Doc and Saf are out in a couple of weeks [/quote]

Doc has been offered a new deal

I presume Halliday will be next, Safri i unerstand could well be on his way, Dublin may follow and depending on the quality available to bring in Doherty may be released as well, with Gallagher and Ryan Jarvis'' future also uncertain.

Good to see MLJ and Thorne out, 2 awful signings considering we were a newly relegated side with parachute payments, both past it, money grabbing nonentities, fisk was given a contact by worthy to say "look i do give youth a chance" which was completely pointless. Mcveigh''s done well for us but has lost the spark and a fresh start is right, while Hendo has to go as well though i feel unfair victimisation from the fans ands a lack of opportunities have seen him fail to build on the potential he did show in the first half of our pro season.

We are a bit short on permanent players though,with the players in bold either potentially off, out on loan or just not good enough for even the squad at the moment. That Leaves us with 13 players!

GK   Gallagher   Lewis

DR   Colin   Hughes

DL   Drury   Lappin

DC   Shackall   Dublin    Doherty   Hallliday

MR   Croft   Chadwick

ML   Huckerby

MC   Etuhu   Safri   Fotheringham   Spillane   Rossi J

S   Earnshaw   Martin   Brown   Ryan J   Renton

Ok, only just seen that Doherty is staying, slighlty suprised to be honest, we do need a new centre half and i tohught that perhaps wqe may have let him go if Dublin stayed. Halliday is a suprise although he''s on peanuts and a loan move wont do any harm (if someone wants him), just the fact he didnt figure when we had just 1 avaiable centre half and wasnt a regular at Torquay led me to believe he''d be going. Good for Lewis, hopefully he''ll be no2 next season behind Marshalll with gallagher shifted out.

I live in King''s Lynn and from what i have heard fisk has done a pretty good job. I remember reading that he got man of the match in one game so im a little bit supprised by Grants decision.

[quote user="DumbleDelia is Magic"]I wouldn''t be surprised if Colin, Doc and Saf are out in a couple of weeks [/quote]He''s offered a one-year extension to Doherty. Hopefully it won''t take as long as a year for Grant to find a suitable replacement - we''re crying out for a leader at the heart of the defence, and Doherty quite clearly isn''t it.

For me the important thing is that decisions have been taken and progress is being made now - not at the end of July/beginning of August. Hopefully transfer targets have already been identified, spoken to (either personally or via their agents) and they will be signing within the next 3-4 weeks. That would be a huge improvement on the policies of the last few years. The Pompey chief exec was on local radio yesterday saying he expected to sign 3 players by the end of May and they were actively pursuing another 3 - if we can follow a lead like that, we can get in early and sign players we actually want rather than having to choose from the "left-overs" just before the start of the season.

Mark .Y.

shame that we are losing McVeigh, i still think he had something to offer, but then I will be happy if we replace these players well. I do sympathise with the more injury prone players but I think this is a good move by the club.

I think, to be honest, that these are the easy decisions. We all expected this lot to leave.

There are far tougher ones to come.

My question though is whether the one-year extension on Doc''s contract means that we have taken up our option of an extra year and that he will be out of contract next summer? Or do we have a similar option next year?

Harsh re MLJ.  The bloke is not a money grabber.  He is/was a talented right back who got injured.  Unfortunately the injury has been so serious that the bloke might never play again.

I agree good decision to release him as there can be no room for sentiment and I agree he is a burden on the wage bill.  But I don''t agree that he is a money grabber or a poor footballer.  He is an unfortunate footballer who has had some phenomenal bad luck.  Not all transfers are rosy, and not everything can go according to plan.

I think keeping Doherty is not a bad idea really, admitantly he''s nothing particularly special but finding one decent centre half is hard enough - let alone two.  He''s good enough for this level and thats what matters!The five who have had their contracts terminated haven''t impressed - Fisk wasn''t playing for Kings Lynn and if you can''t impress at that level you don''t deserve to be considered for a championship club!OTBC!Chris

[quote user="Drowny123"]

I live in King''s Lynn and from what i have heard fisk has done a pretty good job. I remember reading that he got man of the match in one game so im a little bit supprised by Grants decision.

[/quote]

he is playng in a tin pot league full of bus drivers and post men.... thats why he looked half decent... its a big ste up to the championship

jas :)

Can''t really argue with any of the 5...McVeigh has ability but needs a new start elsewhere...Doherty contract extension is only 1 year, which I also think is right if we are ambitious...Fotheringham I''d have let go too

[quote user="dickyst220"]Could some one tell me why it is only 5 ??? does this mean Doc is staying ???[/quote]

Because if we were to get rid of more you would be playing devil''s advocate as to whether we would be getting anyone in to replace them.

And the worse case scenario would mean we would be playing youth more often than not and not at all look like competing in the top half of the table.

Put simply untill we sign some more players I think it will be hard to let anymore go for the time being.

"I presume Halliday will be next, Safri i unerstand could well be on his way, Dublin may follow and depending on the quality available to bring in Doherty may be released as well, with Gallagher and Ryan Jarvis'' future also uncertain.

Good to see MLJ and Thorne out, 2 awful signings considering we were a newly relegated side with parachute payments, both past it, money grabbing nonentities, fisk was given a contact by worthy to say "look i do give youth a chance" which was completely pointless. Mcveigh''s done well for us but has lost the spark and a fresh start is right, while Hendo has to go as well though i feel unfair victimisation from the fans ands a lack of opportunities have seen him fail to build on the potential he did show in the first half of our pro season.

We are a bit short on permanent players though,with the players in bold either potentially off, out on loan or just not good enough for even the squad at the moment. That Leaves us with 13 players!

GK   Gallagher   Lewis

DR   Colin   Hughes

DL   Drury   Lappin

MR   Croft   Chadwick

ML   Huckerby

S   Earnshaw   Martin   Brown   Ryan J   Renton"

Where do people get the Safri and Colin thing from? I would really like to see where people get the idea that either are on their way.

Colin I can kind of understand considering his lack of starts since the Chelsea game when Hughes played as he was injured. Safri is more baffling though. Unless we get two cracking midfield players in then we simply can not let him go.

Safri and Etuhu are a match for any midfield in this division and even should we get in another Safri style midfielder we should have two to fight for a place because I don''t see Fotheringham playing that role. Infact Lappin is better at it.

I expect more players to leave/sold from the following group.

Safri, Earnie, Etuhu, Colin, Gall, Dion, Ryan Jarvis and Rossi Jarvis.

I still think the only way Grant can finance a decent rebuild is by selling Earnie

[quote user="chicken"]

"I presume Halliday will be next, Safri i unerstand could well be on his way, Dublin may follow and depending on the quality available to bring in Doherty may be released as well, with Gallagher and Ryan Jarvis'' future also uncertain.

GK   Gallagher   Lewis

DR   Colin   Hughes

DL   Drury   Lappin

MR   Croft   Chadwick

ML   Huckerby

S   Earnshaw   Martin   Brown   Ryan J   Renton"

Where do people get the Safri and Colin thing from? I would really like to see where people get the idea that either are on their way.

Colin I can kind of understand considering his lack of starts since the Chelsea game when Hughes played as he was injured. Safri is more baffling though. Unless we get two cracking midfield players in then we simply can not let him go.

Safri and Etuhu are a match for any midfield in this division and even should we get in another Safri style midfielder we should have two to fight for a place because I don''t see Fotheringham playing that role. Infact Lappin is better at it.

[/quote]

Someone with ''connections'' has told me safri could well be off, Colin is just a presumption on that reasons that, a) we are looking at another right back (otsemobor) and b)Hughes (a midfielder!) is preffered to him by grant, so i would say his future doesnt look bright at norwich.

To be honest I don''t think Grants goes far enough, There is still plenty of deadwood present in the remaining players. I really fear for next season if there is no major reinvestment. Closer to relagation then the play offs for me I''m afraid. Though I hope to God I''m wrong

If it can happen to Leeds, Man City, and Forest, it can certainly happen to us.

Big Big changes need to happen all over this club. I

[quote user="ryan85k"]

I think the fact that he has failed to even slightly impress at Kings Lynn suggests that he may be a liability in the Championship?...

[/quote]

Yeah lol...

No good at Kings Lynn but a class act in the championship hey???  Sums up the stupidity of many Norwich fans these days doesn''t it???

The only player that could of achieved something here out of the 5 is Paul McVeigh... if only we had a manager with half a brain who would play him in his natural position as a STRIKER!!!