Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Prettiness or Points? No question!

I think the Huck summed it up pretty well today in the EDP. At this stage of the stage of the season it''s points that matter. We didn''t play particularly well in the first half against Gillingham, but if you had told me before the game we would win 3-0, I''d have taken it! Look back to the season before last- How many games did West Brom win by a single goal? A lot! Don''t get me wrong, there is nothing sexier (well almost!) than beautiful free flowing football from the lads in yellow but at this stage of the season, and given where we are in the league I don''t think many clubs will let us play like that. It''s the points on the board that we need, and to get it we are going to have to battle and graft against teams just as desperate for points as us. Don''t get me wrong, if the lads aren''t pulling their weight then that isn''t right. But I don''t think we can expect some of the sexy football we''ve seen in the past.

Agree with you, DumbleDelia. What do points mean? Points mean prizes...it''s as simple as that! Save the pretty stuff (hopefully) for when the heat of the battle is over and the objective achieved (again, hopefully).

Absolutely - couldn''t agree more...

No need to worry about having a "Good game, Good game" or Huckerby "Giving us a twirl", its "The scores on the doors" that will give us the "Brucie Bonus". Then we''ll definately be able to say "Didn''t they do well!"

PS. What do points make - Parsnips!

Sorry, NMTD, I forgot about the parsnips, although I was thinking more of sugar beet, myself! More appropriate for around here, don''t you think?

DD,
Who needs sexy football when Huckerby''s on the pitch and that reminds me of a dream I had last night,there we were just the 2 of us on the pitch,late at night and then..........................................no sorry, cant tell you anymore and anyway should be on the dream thread. Ha Ha

Please tell me, cityangel, that your dream is in no way related to Wiz''s dream of scoring naked in front of the Barclay! (Incidentally, we are not the only fans to have a ''dream'' thread. Have just been looking on the Hammers site KUMB and they, too, have one. Must be catching, eh?)

As with life, you don''t have to be pretty to make a point but it sure is easier on the eye. With respect to cityangel, have you already got your entry in to win the dinner date with Huckerby? If so, I suggest you take your husband along as a chaperone.

CityAngel - was it something like this....

ZZZzzzzzz

Oooh Darren...
Yes my angel...
Oh Darren, I''ve waited so long for this moment...
I know my angel....
Darren?...
Yes my angel...
Why didn''t you cross the ball to Francis in the first half against Gillingham?

Zzz Zzzzz

He shoots! He scores! I hope Mrs Hucks didn''t turn up in your dream!

To all the lady posters on here that have a Hucks fixation....

See the star prize in the next FONCY raffle - I''ll be selling my tickets to the highest bidder! But if you ask me nicely I might let you have them first!

I think someone is also selling HCUK tee-shirts if you want one of those.

I dunno - successful, rich, good looking - what do you women see in him!