Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

City to be raided by Reading?

''Reading will sign Robert Earnshaw and Darren Huckerby from Norwich for 10 million with Shane Long going on loan to Norwich as well. Steve Coppell is also starting to look for a central midfielder to replace Steve Sidwell as he is almost certain of going to Newcastle on a free transfer. Coppell is looking around and the men on the top of his list are Scott Parker of Newcastle or Nigel Reo Coker of West Ham if they are relegated!''

Could be some truth in it. Coppell is a very shrewd man.

It would certainly give Grant the wherewithal to fashion his own team without having to look over his shoulder at star players he did not sign.

OTBC 

10 Million????

How is that being shrewd?     If we got offered 10 million for those 2, I would take it.  Huckerby only has 1 more season in him, so he says.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

''Reading will sign Robert Earnshaw and Darren Huckerby from Norwich for 10 million with Shane Long going on loan to Norwich as well. Steve Coppell is also starting to look for a central midfielder to replace Steve Sidwell as he is almost certain of going to Newcastle on a free transfer. Coppell is looking around and the men on the top of his list are Scott Parker of Newcastle or Nigel Reo Coker of West Ham if they are relegated!''

It would certainly give Grant the wherewithal to fashion his own team without having to look over his shoulder at star players he did not sign.

OTBC 

[/quote]

You ask could there be truth in it BBB?

Total rubbish if you ask me.

I''d bite your hand off if I was PG  with that offer.  Heck I''d probably bite my own hand off if they put it as a rider on that deal.

its all pish posh.. but if someone did offer 10 million id take it in a flash!

and with the money snap up harper and sidwell from reading in retrun :p

jas :)

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

Oh please! If you''re going to spout rubbish, please make sure you correctly reference it''s source; it comes from www.football-rumours.com. I know this because Wrath were sniggering at it yesterday.

I''ll eat my hat if it comes true.

[/quote]

So why bother to respond then.

Seems you look at that site too.

I didn''t reference the source, so how could it have been done incorrectly.

One love.

OTBC 

P.S. What kind of hat do you have? Just forward planning.[:)]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

Oh please! If you''re going to spout rubbish, please make sure you correctly reference it''s source; it comes from www.football-rumours.com. I know this because Wrath were sniggering at it yesterday.

I''ll eat my hat if it comes true.

[/quote]

So why bother to respond then.

Seems you look at that site too.

I didn''t reference the source, so how could it have been done incorrectly.

One love.

OTBC 

P.S. What kind of hat do you have? Just forward planning.[:)]

[/quote]

I don''t read/contribute to any other site....but the logic of this rumour could well be near the mark in some respects. I can see Huckerby moving on for his final season (maybe Celtic for a medal or two) and Earnshaw is definately off somewhere. £5 million at best for the two....with a fraction of this sum going in to replace them.

Huckerby has done more than his share since arriving to bolster City''s fortunes....so whatever he does, he deserves huge thanks and a friendly wave goodbye. The same applies to Earnshaw.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC 

[/quote]

And paying 6m over the odds for those two would be very shrewd business.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC 

[/quote]

[/quote]

Coppell is very shrewd in his player acquisition policy. He takes in very few duffers and knows exactly what he is about.

If a premiership club really, really wants 2 of your players because their (very successful) manager has determined that they are key to his consolidation strategy over the next couple of years, then they will pay (what to us is) over the odds - provided that we know how to negotiate, and don''t blink first.

No, it might not be 10m - it might be 7.5 or 6 or 5.5 or 8 or 10.5,  but still a goodly sum to be spent on cherry-picking good players from clubs in the lower reaches who can''t resist our offers.

Stategy sound familiar to you? Should do. Very good strategy too for a club in our circumstances. But you have to have the right manager and scouting system.

With little available cash (except for non-football matters) and no new wealthy investor on the horizon what other strategy is there except the South/Watling/Chase player acquisition strategy?[:D]

QED?

OTBC

I''ve been on that site a few times from a google search, and it comes out with all sorts of shit.

[quote user="Brandon"]I''ve been on that site a few times from a google search, and it comes out with all sorts of shit.[/quote]

Of course it does Brandon, but so do The Sun, Mirror, NoW - and even the Guardian & BBC website etc. all just  part of the fun.

But sometimes they get it right.

Now look what you''ve made that nice ......... do!

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC 

[/quote]

[/quote]

Coppell is very shrewd in his player acquisition policy. He takes in very few duffers and knows exactly what he is about.

If a premiership club really, really wants 2 of your players because their (very successful) manager has determined that they are key to his consolidation strategy over the next couple of years, then they will pay (what to us is) over the odds - provided that we know how to negotiate, and don''t blink first.

No, it might not be 10m - it might be 7.5 or 6 or 5.5 or 8 or 10.5,  but still a goodly sum to be spent on cherry-picking good players from clubs in the lower reaches who can''t resist our offers.

Stategy sound familiar to you? Should do. Very good strategy too for a club in our circumstances. But you have to have the right manager and scouting system.

With little available cash (except for non-football matters) and no new wealthy investor on the horizon what other strategy is there except the South/Watling/Chase player acquisition strategy?[:D]

QED?

OTBC

[/quote]

Not very shrewd to still be paying at least 2m over the odds whichever of those bids you choose.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC 

[/quote]

[/quote]

QED?

OTBC

[/quote]

Not very shrewd to still be paying at least 2m over the odds whichever of those bids you choose.

[/quote]

Spinning on a side issue again, eh Nutty!

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC 

[/quote]

[/quote]

QED?

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Spinning on a side issue again, eh Nutty!

OTBC

[/quote]

Strange that in Bobsville lalaland all opinions are spin even if they are more factually based than the original drivel in the post.