Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Roger Munmby details future plans!

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

A major part of our problem is being led by people who are financially successful despite themselves rather than because of themselves.[:-*]

And are too thick or mean to engage effective expertise.[8-|]

OTBC

[/quote]

Too arrogant Bly.  Despite all that stuff about being "cleverer" (whatever that means), they''re too damn clever for their own good already, and in love with their own cleverness if you ask me.

Your immediate response to Munby''s statement reminds me very much of how I felt when the penny dropped in October 2005, after a comparison of our squad size with the rest of the Championship revealed the awful truth.  Betrayed.  I was stupid enough to think I could do something about it.  Surely, I thought, when self-respecting football-loving Norwich fans realise what''s going on they''ll put the future of the club first and confront the board - they''ve done it before after all.  Wrong.  Eighteen months on, after the farcical, futile, hate-filled Worthy Out campaign, I''ve lost faith in many of my fellow supporters as well as the board and I''m beginning to wonder if this nightmare will ever end.  I still love football though.

I am going to stick my neck out a bit here, and go against my natural reaction to Munby''s comments.

I personally believe that as a club we have around two million available closed season for players.  I also believe that with the players that have gone we can afford to fund a couple of very good free transfers (talking 10K wages each).

The board know that the fans are not going to tolerate another rubbish season, or things will really get nasty between us and them. This closed season is the start of the most important squad re-build of modern times. Everyone knows it, including the board.

Reading between the lines of Munby''s ''watch this space'' type comments, I am going to predict 6+ players in, with at least two of those being ''wow did not think we would get him'' types......and at least one coming in will be a million pound-plus signing.  Oh and I reckon we will keep Earnie as well.

No I have not been drinking (yet) ;-)

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Roger Munby detailed our spending plans for next season!

“I''d say to the fans, stick with it, of course - but watch this space,” he said. “I believe the football club may have some pleasant surprises in time to come. What I mean by that is a higher standing in the Championship.

“I won''t put a time dimension on that, it would be stupid too, but watch our space and stay with it. Together we can go places.”

“In anybody''s book, in the Football League, thee Championship, Leagues One and Two, money doesn''t necessarily buy success. It does in the Premier League, with the correlation between the biggest spenders and coming top or second is a perfect one. It is not the case in this league."

“What counts in this league is to be cleverer and I think we can be cleverer. We have the management talent, we also have the administrative talent with to be cleverer than most."

Administrative talent??  Management talent??   what load of old twaddle is this??  We have an unproven manager whom has not improved us at all during his time here.  The five players released were obvious to everybody.   Signings have either been average - Lappin, chadwick - or poor so far.

Mumbles continued: "So while frustrating and disappointing might be the simple observation when you look at the league table, there is a lot more promise and there are some real differences now compared to last season and, with that in mind, I can''t wait for next, stressed out as we are.” [:S]

[/quote]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

A major part of our problem is being led by people who are financially successful despite themselves rather than because of themselves.[:-*]

OTBC

[/quote]

totally agree, they

apparently Munby thinks we can be cleverer than the rest??  To be honest, his statement wasnt too clever at all, so no surprises there then...

[quote user="mystic megson"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

Too arrogant Bly.  Despite all that stuff about being "cleverer" (whatever that means), they''re too damn clever for their own good already, and in love with their own cleverness if you ask me.

Your immediate response to Munby''s statement reminds me very much of how I felt when the penny dropped in October 2005, after a comparison of our squad size with the rest of the Championship revealed the awful truth.  Betrayed.  I was stupid enough to think I could do something about it.  Surely, I thought, when self-respecting football-loving Norwich fans realise what''s going on they''ll put the future of the club first and confront the board - they''ve done it before after all.  Wrong.  Eighteen months on, after the farcical, futile, hate-filled Worthy Out campaign, I''ve lost faith in many of my fellow supporters as well as the board and I''m beginning to wonder if this nightmare will ever end.  I still love football though.

[/quote]

Seems like you have been through something very similar to me Mystic. I supported the board and defended them several times on this site until i started to have misgivings when we blatently looked a gift-horse in the mouth in not signing Crouch early in the Prem season. Even then i felt that the board were hoarding a good deal of the cash for a real attempt to bounce back the following season. That close season really showed the board in their true light, losing big wage earners in Helveg,Svensson,Jonsson and Francis raking in £3million in the process and then spending a grand total of £700,000 on replacements-Hughes,Colin,Jarrett and Thorne. What an absolute joke. Since then its been the same old story, losing players for millions and spending as little as possible at the last possible minute on replacements (or not bothering to replace at all-still no target man).

I and my group of friends used to run one of the more long-lived fanzines and have had season-tickets for 15 years. I gave mine up for this season and the rest are doing the same for next. It seems the long battle to remove Chase was in vain as the same policies are still in place at the club. It seems it is fine to throw money at corner infills, new pitches,undersoil heating, new offices, stand refits, a new box office,land deals, two subsiduary companies,the TAXMAN etc. and as long as you occasionally come out with some empty emotional waffle people will still keep turning up and clapping along like performing seals. Unfortunately i have come to the conclusion that in this particular part of the world (to slightly twist a famous phrase) "you can fool most of the people all of the time...."

I really do not see why people are surprised at what Mumby has said. Was this not the person that at the end of last season stood in the centre circle thanked us for our support and then said everything that could be done would be done to ensure that we didn''t have another season as poor as the one that had just gone. What was done sod all we signed Croft who wasn''t fit to play a full game when he arrived and has flattered to decieve ever sinceand our season is no better than it was last year.

I felt for some time that there was optimism under Grant but even this is beginning to fade I hope that I am wrong and that next season will be our best for some time.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="mystic megson"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Seems like you have been through something very similar to me Mystic. I supported the board and defended them several times on this site until i started to have misgivings when we blatently looked a gift-horse in the mouth in not signing Crouch early in the Prem season. Even then i felt that the board were hoarding a good deal of the cash for a real attempt to bounce back the following season. That close season really showed the board in their true light, losing big wage earners in Helveg,Svensson,Jonsson and Francis raking in £3million in the process and then spending a grand total of £700,000 on replacements-Hughes,Colin,Jarrett and Thorne. What an absolute joke. Since then its been the same old story, losing players for millions and spending as little as possible at the last possible minute on replacements (or not bothering to replace at all-still no target man).

I and my group of friends used to run one of the more long-lived fanzines and have had season-tickets for 15 years. I gave mine up for this season and the rest are doing the same for next. It seems the long battle to remove Chase was in vain as the same policies are still in place at the club. It seems it is fine to throw money at corner infills, new pitches,undersoil heating, new offices, stand refits, a new box office,land deals, two subsiduary companies,the TAXMAN etc. and as long as you occasionally come out with some empty emotional waffle people will still keep turning up and clapping along like performing seals. Unfortunately i have come to the conclusion that in this particular part of the world (to slightly twist a famous phrase) "you can fool most of the people all of the time...."

[/quote]

Fantastic post Mr Carrow... absolutely spot on!!!

As for the NN baiting Cluck... my sides nearly split with laughter!!!  [Y]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="mystic megson"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fantastic post Mr Carrow... absolutely spot on!!!

As for the NN baiting Cluck... my sides nearly split with laughter!!!  [Y]

[/quote]Bang on Mr Carrow. FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST AT CARROW RD

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][

[/quote]

Utter bilge from yet another Bob the Builder follower living in Bobsville lalaland!

We couldn''t have signed Crouch when you state because he had already signed for Southampton and however many times you try and add 1.5m + .7m + .135m + .1m you can never reach over 3m even if you did learn sums in Mrs Percivals class sitting next to Spud!

Yet another of the few hundred performing seals watching it on the wireless reminiscing about the good old days!

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]To be honest NN, I''ve come to the conclusion of late that Cluck is Robert Chase - local business man approaching retirement made good, multiple properties and an insanely irrational hatred of Delia Smith?? [:)]  [/quote]

If that''s the case then I''d sooner rather have Cluck in charge at our club than the gutless numpties who are presently occupying the boardroom.

[/quote]

I''m sure he would do a nice paint job in the players lounge but what about the drop in gates when he banned all females from the ground?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][

[/quote]

Utter bilge from yet another Bob the Builder follower living in Bobsville lalaland!

We couldn''t have signed Crouch when you state because he had already signed for Southampton and however many times you try and add 1.5m + .7m + .135m + .1m you can never reach over 3m even if you did learn sums in Mrs Percivals class sitting next to Spud!

Yet another of the few hundred performing seals watching it on the wireless reminiscing about the good old days!

[/quote]

Are you losing the plot Nutty? Crouch signed for Southampton AFTER coming out and saying "if i leave Aston Villa for any other club i want it to be Norwich City". Worthington made inquiries ("I would like to sign the player") and after a period (i believe the season had already kicked off by then) came out and said "at this moment in time the overall package for Crouch is too much for this football club". He then moved to Southampton.

As for me being a Chase supporter i dont think you could be wider of the mark if you tried. The fanzine i helped run was about as anti-Chase as it was possible to be and some of the things we did to hasten his departure cant be repeated on here. For a couple of years i believed that under the new regime we were at last heading in the right direction. Boy was i wrong. But at the end of the day if you want to live and learn in life you have to base your opinions on real facts and events and adapt them accordingly. The alternative is to delude yourself into believing a myth which has been debunked and then proceed to dig a hole for yourself when others point this out to you......

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you losing the plot Nutty? Crouch signed for Southampton AFTER coming out and saying "if i leave Aston Villa for any other club i want it to be Norwich City". Worthington made inquiries ("I would like to sign the player") and after a period (i believe the season had already kicked off by then) came out and said "at this moment in time the overall package for Crouch is too much for this football club". He then moved to Southampton.

As for me being a Chase supporter i dont think you could be wider of the mark if you tried. The fanzine i helped run was about as anti-Chase as it was possible to be and some of the things we did to hasten his departure cant be repeated on here. For a couple of years i believed that under the new regime we were at last heading in the right direction. Boy was i wrong. But at the end of the day if you want to live and learn in life you have to base your opinions on real facts and events and adapt them accordingly. The alternative is to delude yourself into believing a myth which has been debunked and then proceed to dig a hole for yourself when others point this out to you......

[/quote]

I have always tried to back up my opinions with facts. Thats how surely how opinions are formed in the first place. If you read my posting history on here you would see that whenever possible I quote or link to articles to try to back up the opinions I have formed. Likewise I don''t jump in quickly criticising other posters opinions without at least checking my facts first.

Over the past few days we had been having, what I thought was a reasonable debate and although I disagreed with you I thought I had shown respect for your point of view. But then you go and spoil it all by sayin'' somethin'' stupid like your performing seal jibe. So now I debate back on your level happy to give it back in the same way as I can take it.

I am not a performing seal, I don''t live in Delia lalaland, I am not an apologist for the board and my posts criticise them as well as defend them.

For the record, I believe Peter Crouch signed for Southampton on 10th July 2004.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have always tried to back up my opinions with facts. Thats how surely how opinions are formed in the first place. If you read my posting history on here you would see that whenever possible I quote or link to articles to try to back up the opinions I have formed. Likewise I don''t jump in quickly criticising other posters opinions without at least checking my facts first.

Over the past few days we had been having, what I thought was a reasonable debate and although I disagreed with you I thought I had shown respect for your point of view. But then you go and spoil it all by sayin'' somethin'' stupid like your performing seal jibe. So now I debate back on your level happy to give it back in the same way as I can take it.

I am not a performing seal, I don''t live in Delia lalaland, I am not an apologist for the board and my posts criticise them as well as defend them.

For the record, I believe Peter Crouch signed for Southampton on 10th July 2004.

[/quote]

Nutster! Can you do us a trick for a fish?......... Honk! Honk![:P]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The "performing seal" phrase was not aimed at you Nutty but fair do`s i can see where you`re coming from. I have given up my season-ticket but i still mix with City fans and "have a few" around the ground on matchdays and to be frank,the level of ignorance i come across about behind the scenes issues at Carrow Rd is quite staggering. I`m told that Worthy "wasted millions" of "Delias money" and that City "cannot hope to compete with clubs with bigger crowds and income" in this league, and plenty of other defeatist "poor little Norwich" bull***t. As a passionate supporter i get angry that so many people seem to be so easily taken in by the "empty emotional waffle"hence the "performing seals" tag. I wouldn`t put people who actively debate the facts on here in that catagory-however i do think that unless the board take positive,bold action soon, anyone who backs their failed policies either in words or by bankrolling them with ticket money is ultimately hindering the regeneration of our club rather than helping it.

Certain rumours are doing the rounds and, whilst we`ll obviously remain very sceptical, IF new investment is forthcoming i would say a big well done to the board and conclude that the pressure from the more extreme element has had the desired result-as it did with Chase. If not the fight goes on.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Surely he can''t have been signed then!!  As a great manager once said, ''noone does transfer business at that time...."