Sign in to follow this  
Stuart Clark

Halliday

why are we offering him a new contract?

I have seen the boy play on a number of occasions and i have always thought he was the worst player on the pitch, he is simply not good enough for this level, even torquay wouldnt play him and they got relegated to the conference!!

Hes a shocker

I thought he played pretty well for the Reserves yesterday and against Southend. He provided the only leadership among a young squad. His positional play was good and his distribution was OK. He''s got the height and technique to be good in the air. He just lacks pace, but there''s plenty of central defenders like that.

[quote user="Stuart Clark"]

I have seen the boy play on a number of occasions and i have always thought he was the worst player on the pitch, he is simply not good enough for this level, even torquay wouldnt play him and they got relegated to the conference!!

Hes a shocker

[/quote]

Was wondering the same thing weird get rid

[quote user="Stuart Clark"]

Hes a shocker

[/quote]

CAN''T AGREE MORE I THOUGHT LAST YEAR IT WAS A TOTAL WASTE  GIVING HALLIDAY AND FISK PRO CONTRACTS NEITHER OF THEM WERE GOOD ENOUGH. 

[quote user="Mud Man"]I thought he played pretty well for the Reserves yesterday and against Southend. He provided the only leadership among a young squad. His positional play was good and his distribution was OK. He''s got the height and technique to be good in the air. He just lacks pace, but there''s plenty of central defenders like that.[/quote]

Sounds like a young Malkay - why isn''t everyone celebrating!

It may sound a bit harsh but by that description you are looking at someone with similar attributes to old Malky, strong in the challenge and in the air, great positionaly and leadership wise, a bit slow pace wise and his distribution left a lot to be desired, especially considering that he rarely passed the ball along the ground!

I don''t think a year long contract on the sort of salary Halliday will command is exactly a risk if Grant wants to have a little bit more of a look at the lad. I hope Halliday will go out on loan to a low league two side, I think he could learn alot from regular football somewhere around there.

Agree. He''s going to be on a low salary and can be loaned out for regular footy. Grant and his team can then watch him over a sustained period, see if he''s up to it and make another judgement next year. Nothing would really be lost and a good partner for Shackell could be the result.

[quote user="Mud Man"]Agree. He''s going to be on a low salary and can be loaned out for regular footy. Grant and his team can then watch him over a sustained period, see if he''s up to it and make another judgement next year. Nothing would really be lost and a good partner for Shackell could be the result.[/quote]

Well Mud Man, you saved me writing it! There nothing bad about having Halliday for another year

I think players liked Eagle, Cave-Brown and Halliday were given next year as a "do or die" season