Sign in to follow this  
Herbert

new investor - announced next week

[quote user="ob1"]It is me or does this new couple look strangely like Delia and Mike... it''s their evil twins?[/quote]

Yes,do you think they are Clones?

So I am Back again.

Utter Bilge you say. I think an appology is owed me! As I said the club were about to announce a major investor, and they meaning there was more than one of them. I am not patting my own back. Just want to point out that my connections are true connections and what I was told was accurate, and so was what I posted on here. It''s no wonder I don''t post so much these days the with attitudes, just puts me and others I know off bothering!!  

[quote user="JohnoBono"]

So I am Back again.

Utter Bilge you say. I think an appology is owed me! As I said the club were about to announce a major investor, and they meaning there was more than one of them. I am not patting my own back. Just want to point out that my connections are true connections and what I was told was accurate, and so was what I posted on here. It''s no wonder I don''t post so much these days the with attitudes, just puts me and others I know off bothering!!  

[/quote]

they didnt invest majorly.. 2 million quid LOAN! they havent invested at all

jas :)

[quote user="JohnoBono"]

So I am Back again.

[/quote]

Sorry mate!

I thought everyone would realise that my comments were very much tongue in cheek and a reference to posts that have been appearing all over this board for months. If you don''t post here so much it explains it. Maybe I should have used a smiley thingy whatsit!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="JohnoBono"]

So I am Back again.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Did you expect a 2 million quid gift then Jas??

So I am Back again.

[/quote]

[/quote]Agreed, let''s keep some perspective shall we. Some people reacted harshly to Herbert and JB but that''s hardly unheard

of on here and people have held their hands up which is what''s

important i think. No-one need grovel!It''s great this new couple have come on board and that we don''t have to sell this summer. But it''s not going to transform the club overnight. No need to complain, no need to jump through hoops. But no doubt enough people will do both!

So I am Back again.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Jas stop digging mate and hold your hands up!  Fair play to Herbert et al.  I was sceptical, others were very rude.  Fair play to them

from what i have heard they have secretly ''given'' the club a furthey 8-9 million to spend on players but were trying to keep it hush hush so that when we bid for playerys we dont end up paying over the odds      

The yearly interest on 275m alone would be around 13m, so you could be right...

I doubt it though.

I suggest that we should all be grateful that someone has decided to invest in our club. It has been said in some quarters that 2 million is not enough. But hey, come on, that is never going to be the real figure is it. That is the up, front to the press, statement. I would like to suggest that there is a good bit more money involved that will be working it''s way into the club than just 2 million. And as I suggested in my  post on Sunday the money is earmarked for the team. Trust me.!  

Ben Jones - that is precisely what the clever (or to quote munby

Cleverer) clubs do with their budgets.  An announced budget may

please us, but not as much as spending it and us working out how much

we had to spend in september, along with several shiney new players!

And yah boo sucks to all of you who slagged off those of us calling for new blood in the boardroom, on the grounds that we weren''t on intimate terms with anyone who would fit the bill.

Just as important as new money, the other board members need a massive boot up the rear end.  Let''s hope David and Sharon will deliver it.

Did anyone hear 5 Live yesterday afternoon?  Discussion about parachute payments with guests including the Stoke City chairman.  Norwich was given as an example of a club who''d had the parachute money but hadn''t done anything with it.  Stoke chairman was convinced we hadn''t had any parachute payments last season, such was our level of underperformance.  Says it all really.

Thanks Herbert for the post, shame some people were so rude, but I have to admit I was sceptical.

This is great news. Investment from City fans, people with the club at heart not just interested in a big payout. Improvement to the board not wholesale change as some were asking. Yah boo sucks to all those saying Delia was lying when she stated she was looking for more investment. This proves she wasn''t lying.

And for those being negative about the amount - this has to be just the beginning of their investment, $2m is way too cheap otherwise for a place on the board. Our board never shows their hand, and rightly so, so whilst I doubt we will go on a massive Birmingham style spending spree, we won''t get ripped off on prices either.

Interesting times. I don''t know a lot about this guy other than he seems to be very astute in terms of the way he has grown his company in recent years and my mate who used to work for him at Central Trust always told me that (1) he was a City fan and (2) he used to work them hard and demand results. Could be the type of person we need on the board to shake things up.

If they have given some more money for transfers then yesterdays little "£2 million fills the gap so we don''t have to sell" announcement could well be the work of Doncaster to dampen expectations and try and convince the rest of the football world that we don''t have lots of money to spend.

Then again it may just be a £2 million loan and we may well still not have any money at all!

At least it has livened things up for a few weeks!

Very interesting to read through this thread,lots of posters prepared to pitch in with very negative stuff before actually waiting to see what unfolds.Unfortunately the same approach thats adopted with new players before many of them have actually found their feet in the team.

The last 2 years has understandably created the doom and gloom and we now almost seem unable to recognise good news.

This is the best thing I`ve heard from the club since Worthy left. I`m sure there will be money for transfers over the summer and this is the chance PG has been waiting for. I`ve supported him all the way so far, started to have a few doubts over selection for the last few games, but am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. Now lets see what he can do and judge him on results next season.

I personally would much prefer to see local investment rather than a foreign investor. I know many of you disagree but for me part of the strength of the club and its support is its integration with the local community. That must not be at the expence of good football however and is no excuse for the crap over the last 2 years. I hope that the addition of some real business expertise at Board level will stop the current inertia to make tough decisions and drive us forward rather than leaving us to drift without ambition.

The fact that two people on here were saying similar things, and reading between the lines of Mumby''s comments, made this rumour interesting to those people who took the time to think about it. 

Well done to the posters who broke the news and shame on the usual ''puff adders'' for their venom spitting.

[quote user="Herbert"]from what I hear he is a property developer and has a few hundred million in the bank.. dont think he is going to be giving us stupid money but will allow us to buy some new players over the summer

think this will be announced tuesday
[/quote]

[quote user="mystic megson"]

Just as important as new money, the other board members need a massive boot up the rear end.  Let''s hope David and Sharon will deliver it.

[/quote]

Sorry - ANDREW and Sharon.  I''ve got some friends called David and Sharon.  Senior moment.

Welcome on board Andrew and Sharon.  Give ''em hell!

A financial investment loaned to an organisation, in exchange for a place on the Board.

Doesnt this sound familiar to Labour Party Cash for Honours?

Hope so, we are due some honours at this Club again. The Fizzypop league title would do nicely....