Sign in to follow this  
Herbert

new investor - announced next week

from what I hear he is a property developer and has a few hundred million in the bank.. dont think he is going to be giving us stupid money but will allow us to buy some new players over the summerthink this will be announced tuesday

I really, really, REALLY hope so!

Munby''s quote (direct from the Cantona school of rambling thoughts) earlier this week alluded that there might be a "surprise", perhaps this, or something similar, is what it is?

Personally, I rather think the "surprise" will be the announcement of an extension to the ticket office or something like that!

Its clear that we are desperate for investment and whatever noises the club makes about teams getting promotion to the Prem "...without spending big money...", the chances of that ever happening again are on off''s-two big clubs with £££ to spend have already gone up this season, and, of the 4 clubs in the play off''s, all are equally big in status and potential, all will have, or have had,  money to spend. Add to that the enormous rise in the parachute payments and, as is possible this season (three relegated clubs go straight back up again) then the same might happen next season-Watford will have cash, West Ham and Charlton sure as hell will have, ditto the others in difficulties, Wigan already have a wealthy (and disturbingly loud mouthed) chairman.

Someone posted on the WOTB board yesterday that, if next season is another mediocre one, then even the "mild mannered" Norwich fans will start to make noises and there will be ever more discontent. I''m not saying that promotion/play off''s is a MUST next season, but what most certainly is, without question, and,  IMHO, unconditionally, is a team with decent players, playing good football, playing in their best positions and to the best of their ability and giving us real hope that something really is happening, rather than having nothing more than a season of dithering and retched inconsistency again.

i was  beginning to actually get quite optomistic about this until i read the full mumbles interview in full, it suggests to me that this is unlikely and that they are trying to be ''clever'' as they havent got the money.

no - this is 100% definite. This guy was in the sunday time rich list but is not a multi billionaire. If you wanted to invest in any club in the championship Norwich with a big fan base, stadium and established academy has to be one of the best options...Delia will also stay on and is very happy with the situation. You will see this week.

[quote user="Herbert"]no - this is 100% definite. This guy was in the sunday time rich list but is not a multi billionaire.

If you wanted to invest in any club in the championship Norwich with a big fan base, stadium and established academy has to be one of the best options...

Delia will also stay on and is very happy with the situation. You will see this week.

[/quote]

Are you referring to Mr Naghshineh, "Norwich-based property developer" owner of a company called Targetfollow?  I do hope you''re right, but this has only surfaced since the Rich List came out and it has all the hallmarks of a rumour that has mushroomed out of very little.  He''s been based in Norwich for a number of years, so why the sudden interest?  Perhaps . . . oh perish the thought . . . the board have only just become aware of his existence after reading the list?  Doh.

Kudos to you if it happens, not gonna get my hopes up though. And yeah Norwich is an ideal club for a takeover but Delia wont let anyone takeover us outside of Norwich lol.

[quote user="Herbert"]from what I hear he is a property developer and has a few hundred million in the bank.. dont think he is going to be giving us stupid money but will allow us to buy some new players over the summer

think this will be announced tuesday
[/quote]

Where did you hear this?

Dodgey Rumours dot com I expect.

Well, my flatmate''s cousin''s wife''s boss''s son''s girlfriend''s girlfreind says that, her dad says his mate got told by a man down the pub that its true!  But then my flatmate''s cousin''s wife''s boss''s son''s girlfriend''s girlfreind''s dad is a notorious liar.

yeah. I am sure Roman Abramovitch is after a new challenge..........sadly not one in Norfolk though

my source is a family member who is close to someone at the heart of the club...so none of this friends, cats, aunties nonsense that I have seen posted by some of you in response... I have better things to do with my life than post dodgy rumours on a message board.. just thought it might be interesting to a few people and cheer them up after a rubbish season!!

[quote user="Herbert"]my source is a family member who is close to someone at the heart of the club...

so none of this friends, cats, aunties nonsense that I have seen posted by some of you in response... I have better things to do with my life than post dodgy rumours on a message board.. just thought it might be interesting to a few people and cheer them up after a rubbish season!!
[/quote]

Why do it then.

[quote user="Brandon"]

Kudos to you if it happens, not gonna get my hopes up though. And yeah Norwich is an ideal club for a takeover but Delia wont let anyone takeover us outside of Norwich lol.

[/quote]

Norwich only, not even Gorleston?

It''s worse than I thought.

Emerald Park for us lot then!

OTBC

I have not posted for ages, BUT I have been told by someone that I trust a lot and who has connections with the club that we are close to announcing a major investor. The investor is into land/property. It is not a take over of the club but (they) will be wanting a say in the running of the club. Delia is safe. The investment is in veiw of team strenghtening. The Club wants this sorted soon as possible to enable Grant to have possible chance in the transfer market.  

[quote user="ricardo"]

[quote user="Herbert"]my source is a family member who is close to someone at the heart of the club...

so none of this friends, cats, aunties nonsense that I have seen posted by some of you in response... I have better things to do with my life than post dodgy rumours on a message board.. just thought it might be interesting to a few people and cheer them up after a rubbish season!!
[/quote]

Why do it then.

[/quote]

the grounds man is close to the heart of the club.. doubt he''d know that though eh?

if it happens then our board will only squander it....

but as it WONT happen... then i wont be getting exicted.. and Tuesday is tommorow... so lets wait and see

jas :)

[quote user="JohnoBono"]I have not posted for ages, BUT I have been told by someone that I trust a lot and who has connections with the club that we are close to announcing a major investor. The investor is into land/property. It is not a take over of the club but (they) will be wanting a say in the running of the club. Delia is safe. The investment is in veiw of team strenghtening. The Club wants this sorted soon as possible to enable Grant to have possible chance in the transfer market.  [/quote]

I''ll beleive it when it happens Bono. Until then I remain highly sceptical.

When I first read this I thought utter rubbish. However I just met a friend who works with the son a high profile former board member and who still has a lot of connections inside the club.

Couldn''t tell me much but when I asked about money he confirmed that the club are in advanced talks with a new investor

[quote user="ricardo"]

[quote user="JohnoBono"]I have not posted for ages, BUT I have been told by someone that I trust a lot and who has connections with the club that we are close to announcing a major investor. The investor is into land/property. It is not a take over of the club but (they) will be wanting a say in the running of the club. Delia is safe. The investment is in veiw of team strenghtening. The Club wants this sorted soon as possible to enable Grant to have possible chance in the transfer market.  [/quote]

I''ll beleive it when it happens Bono. Until then I remain highly sceptical.

[/quote]

Utter bilge!

Why would anyone want to invest money into the club and leave this board and Delia in place?? They obviously weren''t brought up in Bobsville lalaland!

Possibly because Delia adds a lot of value to the NCFC brand and therefore having her still on board makes sense.

If, and as much as I hope its true I have to say i''m sceptical, there is any truth in this rumour then I suspect any investor who is in the development industry may be more interested in entering into some kind of partnership with the Club to help realise the value of the various land assets that that club still has.

Other than that they might also just want the kudos that would come with helping the club return to the top flight. I can''t claim to be in the position of someone who has so much money that they don''t know what to spend it all on but if I was then the idea of being a hero in my home city would probably be pretty attractive!

what exactly does 39 posts says it all mean?...

I hope what you mean is that I only bother posting on here when I have something interesting to say, or relevant information to share - rather than this a lot of this mindless negative backstabbing dribble that has polluted this chatroom this season??

once again please listen - this is going to happen this week and it is very good news for the club - rejoice in the good news rather than screwing yourself up into your ball of desperation and bitterness...

do not be scared by people who do not spend as much time posting on here as you...

I''ll just make my position clear after my first post in this thread bringing up the traditional my mothers best friends cat type thing. It was supposed to be just light hearted jiggery pokery as I''m experienced enough to know that more often than not claims like this one are just nonsense. However if it does happen then brilliant and you sir have done a fine job in bringing such information to out attention. Its just until the club make it public then I''m always going to be sceptical. People doubting this shouldn''t be taken personally.

Tonight, some pigs just flew past my window .................. or in other words ....................... utter tripe ................. just my opinion of course!.

Got to be a binner on a wind up.[:@]

Seems to me that we are free to believe or disbelieve Herbert''s story.  Time will tell in any event.

What I don''t understand is the aggression and rudeness with which some of you have responded.  Why is it not enough to say "Good if true but doesn''t seem likely to me"?  In fact, why even say that: if you disagree then move on.  Every time some posts a rumour, it is met with patronising and sometimes abusive aggression.  The arrogance of some of you that believe you are always right and no one else can know something you don''t is astounding.

The sheer nastiness of some of the responses here is unnecessary.  Herbert will in a view days be either right or a fool. 

If he is right, then those of you shouting him down will have become fools.  Entirely of your own making.  A self made fool is a real pity.

[quote user="Herbert"]

I hope what you mean is that I only bother posting on here when I have something interesting to say, or relevant information to share - rather than this a lot of this mindless negative backstabbing dribble that has polluted this chatroom this season??

once again please listen - this is going to happen this week and it is very good news for the club - rejoice in the good news rather than screwing yourself up into your ball of desperation and bitterness...

do not be scared by people who do not spend as much time posting on here as you...

[/quote]you sound the real deal to me herbert - i hope you''re right.  keep us posted of further developments.

[quote user="Herbert"]

[/quote]

one question.. if this is going to happen and is so Concrete.. then why post it here and not phone the news desk at Archant and tell those on the EDP sports team? could of been font page tommorow with all the quotes from Munby/Delia etc....

jas :)