Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

NCFC memorabilia - what is your most prized possession?

[quote user="CatNcfc"]Had a letter from Darren Eadie, my dad got him to write to me when he met him, as he knew i would be upset that i hadnt got to meet him. Letter had kisses at the end and everything! [:D]

Also, Bryan Gunns autograph (True legend and personal hero of mine) again a result of my dad meeting him.  And photo of me with Iwan Roberts (Another legend)

Another one that means a lot to me is a bit more odd.  Gallagher may not be a Norwich legend, but is in my opinion a decent goalie, but i have a paper plate signed by him, think i love it for the sheer wierdness of having signed cutlery, and the fact that he put his number,21, on there, as if he was worried i wouldnt know who he was...

Thanks to dad again for that one, maybe my dad should be my most prized NCFC memorabilia [:D]
[/quote]

nice story re Eadie... little bit of useless trivia.. i used to go to School and be in the same class as a girl named Gemma Hipperson... her parents were the local family that Jamie Cureton and Darren Eadie were placed with when they were coming through the ranks at Norwich.. she got me their autographs and i still have them infact. tucked into my autograph book with all the other players i have collected over the years. Im a big autograph hunter, have some good stories to tell....

i NEVER throw any NCFC stuff away.... i have old newspaper articles going back to 1991/92, that blakc wallet mentioned above... all sorts.. i did have to get rid of some stuff when i moved into my flat last year for storage reasons... i was in tears as i got rid of some of it... People might look upon it as old tat (Badges, key rings, old NCFC Magazines, canary reviews etc) but they are all part of my time as a fan and all tell a different story.. maybe one day i will have the space to buy more again.

my favourite peice of memrobelia other than Iwans book is something my Grandfather gave to me.. its a book called "on the ball city" written by former Evening news Sports reporter Ted Bell and tells the story of the club from 1902-1973.. its a fantastic read if u can source a copy! its also very rare! i had 2 copies at one point.. if i can find the second i will put it on ebay and let u all know!

jas :)

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

My oldest NCFC memorabillia is the official handbook from the 1933-34 season when they played at "The Nest".

My favourite book is Glorious Canaries past and present 1902 - 1994. And it''s signed by Jon Newsome and John Polston.

I don''t collect programs but I have the one when my son was mascot against Sheffield Wednesday in 1987 which is signed by the players. The Wednesday team that day featured both Gary Megson and Nigel Worthington.

I have the photo''s from the day my son was mascot where he is with Kevin Drinkell in the warm up and in the centre circle with Drinkell, Martin Hodge and the Match Officials just before kick off. My other favourite photo''s were only taken last weekend and they are of my grandson with Darren Huckerby and Peter Grant amongst others.

I have got lots of other stuff too that special to me and most of all I have my memories of great games and great players and great goals from over 40 years support.

I can''t help feeling a bit sad that some posters can even try to bring bitterness to this thread. There has only ever been one Norwich City in the 40 years I have been supporting them. And the future memories are still being made because we will marvel at Darren Huckerby''s goals this season in years to come too.

[/quote]

If you were honest you would have to admit that your ''great'' memories of the past 12 years are, comparatively, remarkably thin on the ground. Now why would that be? A hint - it has all do with persistent failure & naivity and nothing to do with bitterness. Sadly, facts are facts - and the sooner we all face up to them honestly, then the quicker our future will become brighter.

OTBC

OTBC

[/quote]

You couldn''t be more wrong BBB. Some of my memories from the last 7 years are right up there with those from the 60''s, 70''s and 80''s. The play-off final in Cardiff was equally as good as the cup final defeats by Spurs and Villa and for me personally better because I was with my 2 children in a far superior stadium to the old Wembley. The atmosphere was better too. The championship winning season under Worthington easily equaled the ones under Saunders and Brown. Watching Darren Huckerby has been the equal of watching Martin Peters and although I think that Peters was a better all round player Hucks is definitely more exciting. The victories at Poorman Road in 2000(Iwan2) and 2003(TOTLAPR) are the most memorable two there ever for me. The victory over Man.Utd in 2005 was one of our best league wins ever. The away day at Crewe in 2004 was the equal of Watford in 1972.

I could go on and on and lots of posters probably think I am! Football is full of ups and downs ranging from total elation to total dispair, it always has been.

Out of interest but not judgement how many games have you seen in the last 7 years to compare with what went before?

[/quote]

Oh.. and I have a letter from Delia after Worthy''s team won the Championship....... cue blanch!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

My oldest NCFC memorabillia is the official handbook from the 1933-34 season when they played at "The Nest".

My favourite book is Glorious Canaries past and present 1902 - 1994. And it''s signed by Jon Newsome and John Polston.

I don''t collect programs but I have the one when my son was mascot against Sheffield Wednesday in 1987 which is signed by the players. The Wednesday team that day featured both Gary Megson and Nigel Worthington.

I have the photo''s from the day my son was mascot where he is with Kevin Drinkell in the warm up and in the centre circle with Drinkell, Martin Hodge and the Match Officials just before kick off. My other favourite photo''s were only taken last weekend and they are of my grandson with Darren Huckerby and Peter Grant amongst others.

I have got lots of other stuff too that special to me and most of all I have my memories of great games and great players and great goals from over 40 years support.

I can''t help feeling a bit sad that some posters can even try to bring bitterness to this thread. There has only ever been one Norwich City in the 40 years I have been supporting them. And the future memories are still being made because we will marvel at Darren Huckerby''s goals this season in years to come too.

[/quote]

If you were honest you would have to admit that your ''great'' memories of the past 12 years are, comparatively, remarkably thin on the ground. Now why would that be? A hint - it has all do with persistent failure & naivity and nothing to do with bitterness. Sadly, facts are facts - and the sooner we all face up to them honestly, then the quicker our future will become brighter.

OTBC

OTBC

[/quote]

You couldn''t be more wrong BBB. Some of my memories from the last 7 years are right up there with those from the 60''s, 70''s and 80''s. The play-off final in Cardiff was equally as good as the cup final defeats by Spurs and Villa and for me personally better because I was with my 2 children in a far superior stadium to the old Wembley. The atmosphere was better too. The championship winning season under Worthington easily equaled the ones under Saunders and Brown. Watching Darren Huckerby has been the equal of watching Martin Peters and although I think that Peters was a better all round player Hucks is definitely more exciting. The victories at Poorman Road in 2000(Iwan2) and 2003(TOTLAPR) are the most memorable two there ever for me. The victory over Man.Utd in 2005 was one of our best league wins ever. The away day at Crewe in 2004 was the equal of Watford in 1972.

I could go on and on and lots of posters probably think I am! Football is full of ups and downs ranging from total elation to total dispair, it always has been.

Out of interest but not judgement how many games have you seen in the last 7 years to compare with what went before?

[/quote]

Oh.. and I have a letter from Delia after Worthy''s team won the Championship....... cue blanch!

[/quote]

S.W.A.L.K.   ????????

OTBC

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

OTBC

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Corrrrrrrrrrr!......Swap you with this squashed snail I have under my shoe?    

Great memoreeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............[|-)]

Just to bring the thread back on topic - my favourite piece of memorabilia is a sheet of paper signed by the squad that played Villa in the ''75 league cup final.

Least favourite is the program from last year''s derby day - the one that the scum won with that cheaty handballed Haynes goal.

I''m currently sporting one of Robert Eagles hairbands...

I''m also wearing a leapord-skin leotard & a rather fetchng pink stretch lace chemise.

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

OTBC

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Corrrrrrrrrrr!......Swap you with this squashed snail I have under my shoe?    

Great memoreeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............[|-)]

[/quote]

Caught one [;)]

Thanks for helping me keep this thread alive while  I await BBB''s answer [Y]

Thanks for all the answers everyone.

Some rare bits of memorabilia in there.  And some that are so precious to people for their own personal reasons.

I am very envious of the owner of ''that'' Fashanu shirt.

Thanks[:D]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

OTBC

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

S.W.A.L.K.   ????????

OTBC

[/quote]

What''s up, Nutty. Your wait was over a long time ago!

Or can''t you figure it out?[:$]

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Or can''t you figure it out? [:$]

COYB

[/quote]

I had you figured out a long time ago BBB [;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

COYB

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ok Nutty, well done indeed, you''ve figured me out - in your mind - regardless of the apparent continuing absence of your marbles.[:)] Who took them up?[:''(]

I was merely wondering earlier if the missive from your Ms. Smith was Sealed With A Loving Kiss (SWALK) - or merely a mundane junk mail letter about recipes normally mainly of interest to the fairer sex?[W]

In my youth it is the sort of thing that boys and girls used to seal their romantic missives with - especially on Valentine''s Day. If she didn''t put it there, then............. [U]

Bet you won''t let us know.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

COYB

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ok Nutty, well done indeed, you''ve figured me out - in your mind - regardless of the apparent continuing absence of your marbles.[:)] Who took them up?[:''(]

I was merely wondering earlier if the missive from your Ms. Smith was Sealed With A Loving Kiss (SWALK) - or merely a mundane junk mail letter about recipes normally mainly of interest to the fairer sex?[W]

In my youth it is the sort of thing that boys and girls used to seal their romantic missives with - especially on Valentine''s Day. If she didn''t put it there, then............. [U]

Bet you won''t let us know.

OTBC

[/quote]

No BBB it wasn''t on Saint Valentines Day [U] But I do treasure it and keep it safely tucked away in my copy of ''Mrs Beaton''s Book Of Household Management'' Where I also keep all the recipes we have exchanged [^] I make no secret of the fact I have lost so many of my marbles, well actually I don''t really think I had a full set in the first place [*-)] ... some one must have got extra but sure as boiled eggs are sardines it wasn''t you.[W]

Bet you never answer the question I asked you though [:P]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

my favourite peice of memrobelia other than Iwans book is something my Grandfather gave to me.. its a book called "on the ball city" written by former Evening news Sports reporter Ted Bell and tells the story of the club from 1902-1973.. its a fantastic read if u can source a copy! its also very rare! i had 2 copies at one point.. if i can find the second i will put it on ebay and let u all know!

jas :)

[/quote]

Eat your heart out Jas......... I got my copy in one of those '' bargain bins '' in Jarrolds for 5 shillings - that''s 25p to you - a few months after it was published. If I remember correctly there were stacks of them on sale so if I''d been that copper on TV''s '' Life on Mars '' I''d have made a fortune !!

My own favourite pieces are :

1) A ''silk '' scarf bought in the club shop in 1968 which complimented my top hat / bow tie / white gloves fancy dress outfit at Crewe a treat, and...

2) '' The Canaries in Song '' ( really ? ) old ''45 vinyl record - the sort now only seen in museums - from the 1971/72 championship season. It''s been signed by several of those players and features that all-time classic cringe making '' Norwich City Calypso ''. Priceless ...........

Some interesting pieces collected by people over the years, particularly impressed with the Justin Fashanu shirt - must be worth a bob or two!

Haven''t collected much really - got a signed football won in a raffle post City v. Bradford (''97/''98 season), Scott Parker''s shirt that he wore whilst on loan back in 2000, a Mark Rivers match-worn away shirt (any bids?) and a ''Digital Phone Company'' home shirt that I got signed at the centenary do after the Harwich and Parkestone friendly (got about ninety signatures on it).

[quote user="dr livingstone"]matt svenssons shorts from champonship season. ( washed ).[/quote]

.....and ironed too, I would hope![:)]

OTBC

Nutty:

Bet you never answer the question I asked you though Stick out tongue [:P]

What is this question that you keep rabbiting on about, Nutty?

Obviously I don''t have as much time as you do to keep track of the threads on this board! 

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

What is this question that you keep rabbiting on about, Nutty?

Obviously I don''t have as much time as you do to keep track of the threads on this board! 

OTBC

[/quote]

Of course you don''t have as much time [O]as me on here.. You no doubt have a busy life [8-|]...of which this messageboard is a small part to break up your day[C] ..But you should spare a thought for me [^o)].. I have to be here apologising [:$] for the board cuz I get paid for it and it keeps me in beer money [B] don''t you remember that old bird cluck tellin'' you that? [W]...She''s gone now but I hear she was quite smitten with you[U] .. Anyways.. I have been moonlighting this afternoon[mo] off doing my proper job to which I have to return this evening [S]..don''t tell mumbles though[:#] ..and I will return to this very computer [co] late tonight[|-)] to see if you have in fact answered my question[:^)] which I have just remembered is on page 2 of this very thread [Y]

Ade Akinbyi''s autograph! Ha ha! Not really (although I do indeed have it) My most treasured bits and pieces would be an Evening News from the day after we knocked Bayern Munich out, a 1985 Milk Cup final programme found for me at an antiques fair by a now deceased auntie and my slightly worn looking first City scarf which I still wear at matches.