Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

NCFC memorabilia - what is your most prized possession?

A bit of a different thread from what is on here at the moment.  I am sure I have seen a similar thread on here in the past?

However, I would be interested in hearing what items fans on here have that they regard highly and why.

I''ll start the ball rolling -

Most prized possessions -

Limited edition centenary shirt, got it from my sister for christmas, been trying to find another without success.

1985 Milk Cup final programme, our last piece of silverware (bar Cahmpionship trophy).

Worse possession -

A horrible cheap computer printed (on thin paper) Phil Mulryne hand signed (supposedly), photograph, bought off ebay.

[:)]

Prize Possession - 1971/72 year book with almost all the headshots signed by the Championship Winning Squad.

Worst Posession - Speckled Blue away shirt from mid 90''s with "Sheron 22" - an ebay purchase as I did not have that shirt.

My memories of the Original Norwich City.[*]

Of that fantastic, rollicking, unforgettably successful  ride we had as a club between 1958 and 1995. And of playing football at it''s best for most of that time.

Now we have to put up with the eminently forgettable ''little old Norwich"  or New Norwich City - but, rest assured folks, this too will pass.

OTBC

a football with the norwich sheilds/badge/emblem signed by the championship winning team

I have a copy of the On The Ball City book from the John Bond days signed by all the players. Running it close is a Kevin keelan signature on the back of a Mr Keelan menswear card from his shop in Anglia Square!!

A Dave Watson, Poll & Withey match shirt.  I did have the match ball but some little b****rd threw it away because he thought it had a puncture.

I also had an Asics shirt, remember the one that looked like vomit.  That I used to wear with pride.

But by far and away my favourite possessions are....

Norwich City v Sheffield Wednesday 2002-03 Season - Matchday program, because my first born boy is featured.....

Norwich City - Lotus Cars shirt that I bought my boy for his first birthday, it has his name and the number 1 on the back.  Would love to get it signed so I can have it framed.

Got loads that is special but one favourite is my home ticket v Bayern Munich signed on the back by Alan Hansen, Des Lynham, Trevor Brooking.

They were in the Hong Kong chinese on Prince of Wales Road after the match. Having had a few sherberts, food was needed so dived in there and couldn''t believe the whole of the BBC crew were in there. Had a long drunken dicussion with Alan Hansen as to why we all thought he was a w****r.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

My memories of the Original Norwich City.[*]

Of that fantastic, rollicking, unforgettably successful  ride we had as a club between 1958 and 1995. And of playing football at it''s best for most of that time.

Now we have to put up with the eminently forgettable ''little old Norwich"  or New Norwich City - but, rest assured folks, this too will pass.

OTBC

[/quote]

Ah another spinner. Look out Cluck and Smudgelet your spinning crown could be under threat.

The "unforgettably successful " 1960s when we were decidedly mid table second-tier is the latest spin.  That decade was as consistently second-rate as our current position. A League Cup win when half the clubs didn''t bother to enter the competition doesn''t count.  But thanks for pointing out that the "rightful place" stuff is and always has been rubbish.

My most prized possession is the programme from my first match against Swansea Town (as they were known then).

A Pinkun from 1930 when City recorded their highest league score

City 10 Coventry 2

I found it in the 1960''s when we were clearing my Grandmothers house

It is kept it in a place of honour with all the Pinkuns from the 1959 Cup run.

[quote user="August 64"]

My most prized possession is the programme from my first match against Swansea Town (as they were known then).

[/quote]

I wonder if Cardiff use to chant at them: "You''ll never be a City" ?... [*-)]

I''ve got one of those ''50s replicas - it''s my favourite shirt and wear it all the time.

But the best is when my girlfriend was working in Oxfam in Brighton. Someone donated a Norwich City kit bag from the late 70s early 80s - it''s the most garish green and yellow colours ever - so naturally she nicked it. I was well chuffed, it being in such good condition and so old. Anyway - on opening it, I found inside a shiney (literally) plastic-silky flag thing with "Pride of Anglia" and the badge on it, printed slightly off. Superb! This was found just before the play off final, so the newly dubbed "flag bag" proudly carried all the flags and I even managed to spot my little silky flag on the TV. :)

My Norwich shirt from 1984 when I was mascot, so match worn!.  My Uncle worked for Poll & Withey (Sponsor at the time) so the MD got the logo printed on my shirt (this was when you just bought the shirt, but without the logo).

I also had the full signed Milk Cup Final Programme, but time we''re hard a couple of years ago and I sold it for about £50 on eBay.  I don''t tend to collect things, but I''ll always have my shirt.

I have a few, first one is Mark Robins shirt from the 92-93 season, signed and memories of better days....it''s in a box and I never wear it.  Too precious.

Also got Darren Eadie''s shirt from 95-96, the whole squad signed this one....Again never worn

Used to collect programmes before I had the kids, but too many moves since meant culling them.  I tend to keep memories of matches in my head now - which will serve well until I go la la in my real old age.

Most up to date treasured possession is my shirt with Huckerby on the back....I bought it in September when he came here on loan (it caused months of laughter amongst those I sat next to in the ground, until we actually bought him at Christmas)....then everyone seemed to get that shirt....I won''t buy another while he is still playing....sorry Club Shop......lol

Couple of signed shirts - Huckerby away top signed by the promotion-winning team and staff, and my Helveg topped signed by the great man himself wishing me Happy Birthday.

Most treasured though has to be the blades of grass from the penalty spot at Crewe on which Iwan scored his last goal for Norwich.

I''d say Kevin Keelan''s number 1 jersey from our 71-72 promotion season....also "The Nest" pub sign salvaged from the 1984 fire.  Somewhat scorched one side but looks great on the wall!

Sadly.....my most treasured possession was a silk scarf (remember them?) with "Wembley 73" on it. I say sadly because a few years ago it had battery acid spilled on it (dont ask) and had to be thrown away.

Now it is my collection of programmes, I have over 200 with dates ranging from 1959 to last week!

Iwans Book...

the front page says "Too Jason Happy Birthday, have a goodun, Iwan Roberts"

signed by the great man! :D

jas :)

An original Justin Fashanu city shirt that he wore when scoring THAT goal! The nice admiral one!Was given to me by my dad who had it given to him a few yrs back. I believe city used to give there shirts to a local sunday team at the end of the season and luckily enough i have this one!

My god whatever would it be worth!

Oh and my leon Mckenzie shirt that he threw into the crowd on that memorable day at Crewe....

My oldest NCFC memorabillia is the official handbook from the 1933-34 season when they played at "The Nest".

My favourite book is Glorious Canaries past and present 1902 - 1994. And it''s signed by Jon Newsome and John Polston.

I don''t collect programs but I have the one when my son was mascot against Sheffield Wednesday in 1987 which is signed by the players. The Wednesday team that day featured both Gary Megson and Nigel Worthington.

I have the photo''s from the day my son was mascot where he is with Kevin Drinkell in the warm up and in the centre circle with Drinkell, Martin Hodge and the Match Officials just before kick off. My other favourite photo''s were only taken last weekend and they are of my grandson with Darren Huckerby and Peter Grant amongst others.

I have got lots of other stuff too that special to me and most of all I have my memories of great games and great players and great goals from over 40 years support.

I can''t help feeling a bit sad that some posters can even try to bring bitterness to this thread. There has only ever been one Norwich City in the 40 years I have been supporting them. And the future memories are still being made because we will marvel at Darren Huckerby''s goals this season in years to come too.

The last shirt to be worn by Norwich legend Iwan Roberts at Carrow Rd.

He chucked it in to the barclay as menrtioned in his book. 

Took it down to colney and had it signed by the whole Championship winning squad and the big man himself.

When I get TRULY pissed off with my beloved club (about once in five years on average) I throw all my memorabilia in the dustbin.  Later I relent but by then the binmen* have been and it''s too late.  Consequently I have no memorabilia left except my limited edition "Battle of Carrow Road" Chase Out pin badge . . .

* Refuse disposal operatives, not our illegitimate cousins from south of the Waveney.

My picture of Darren Eadie (leicester kit sadly) inscribed with ''To Martin, thanks for your help, best wishes Darren Eadie''.

Which he gave me for hiring him a van to move his stuff to Leicester.

I told him he was my favourite player and he just brought it in for me. Really nice chap and such a shame he a) left and b) had to retire through injury.

The best left winger England never had.

well ethier a wine glass with the crest painted on or my singed 01/02 away shirt (it has 38 signatures from 02-05)

I have all the programmes home and away of the 58/59 FA Cup run as well as some ticket stubs for 2 or 3 of the matches.

A tea towel from the 73 League Cup Final - Donated by my Father-in-Law.

A letter written by Tom Parker (NCFC Manager in the 30''s and 50''s) to a friend discussing his hopes for the new season.  They were even saying the same positive bullshit pre-season as we here now!

A selection of handbooks from the 30''s.

Most prized possession is the framed photo of Iwan and I taken at Sunderland in May 2004 when we won the Championship.

My worst is the black leather folder they gave to season ticket holders in 1995/96 which was the season after the 1st relegation from the Premiership.  I think it contained a pad, pen, keyring and cover for your season ticket.  Thank You very much Mr Chase.

Had a letter from Darren Eadie, my dad got him to write to me when he met him, as he knew i would be upset that i hadnt got to meet him. Letter had kisses at the end and everything! [:D]Also, Bryan Gunns autograph (True legend and personal hero of mine) again a result of my dad meeting him.  And photo of me with Iwan Roberts (Another legend)Another one that means a lot to me is a bit more odd.  Gallagher may not be a Norwich legend, but is in my opinion a decent goalie, but i have a paper plate signed by him, think i love it for the sheer wierdness of having signed cutlery, and the fact that he put his number,21, on there, as if he was worried i wouldnt know who he was...Thanks to dad again for that one, maybe my dad should be my most prized NCFC memorabilia [:D]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

My oldest NCFC memorabillia is the official handbook from the 1933-34 season when they played at "The Nest".

My favourite book is Glorious Canaries past and present 1902 - 1994. And it''s signed by Jon Newsome and John Polston.

I don''t collect programs but I have the one when my son was mascot against Sheffield Wednesday in 1987 which is signed by the players. The Wednesday team that day featured both Gary Megson and Nigel Worthington.

I have the photo''s from the day my son was mascot where he is with Kevin Drinkell in the warm up and in the centre circle with Drinkell, Martin Hodge and the Match Officials just before kick off. My other favourite photo''s were only taken last weekend and they are of my grandson with Darren Huckerby and Peter Grant amongst others.

I have got lots of other stuff too that special to me and most of all I have my memories of great games and great players and great goals from over 40 years support.

I can''t help feeling a bit sad that some posters can even try to bring bitterness to this thread. There has only ever been one Norwich City in the 40 years I have been supporting them. And the future memories are still being made because we will marvel at Darren Huckerby''s goals this season in years to come too.

[/quote]

If you were honest you would have to admit that your ''great'' memories of the past 12 years are, comparatively, remarkably thin on the ground. Now why would that be? A hint - it has all do with persistent failure & naivity and nothing to do with bitterness. Sadly, facts are facts - and the sooner we all face up to them honestly, then the quicker our future will become brighter.

OTBC

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

If you were honest you would have to admit that your ''great'' memories of the past 12 years are, comparatively, remarkably thin on the ground. Now why would that be? A hint - it has all do with persistent failure & naivity and nothing to do with bitterness. Sadly, facts are facts - and the sooner we all face up to them honestly, then the quicker our future will become brighter.

OTBC

OTBC

[/quote]

You couldn''t be more wrong BBB. Some of my memories from the last 7 years are right up there with those from the 60''s, 70''s and 80''s. The play-off final in Cardiff was equally as good as the cup final defeats by Spurs and Villa and for me personally better because I was with my 2 children in a far superior stadium to the old Wembley. The atmosphere was better too. The championship winning season under Worthington easily equaled the ones under Saunders and Brown. Watching Darren Huckerby has been the equal of watching Martin Peters and although I think that Peters was a better all round player Hucks is definitely more exciting. The victories at Poorman Road in 2000(Iwan2) and 2003(TOTLAPR) are the most memorable two there ever for me. The victory over Man.Utd in 2005 was one of our best league wins ever. The away day at Crewe in 2004 was the equal of Watford in 1972.

I could go on and on and lots of posters probably think I am! Football is full of ups and downs ranging from total elation to total dispair, it always has been.

Out of interest but not judgement how many games have you seen in the last 7 years to compare with what went before?