Sign in to follow this  
blahblahblah

Rename Carrow Road - At What Cost ?

I''d take 500k a year on the basis that anything is better than nothing - it would pay for another player or three after all.

Whatever the ground was called, the fans would still call it CR, so I would not mind as long as the money was invested in players. My only reservation would be if those paying for the name adopted the same "Year 0" approach as Red Bull following their purchase of SV Salzburg (Now Red Bull Salzburg) although admittedly this was a buy out rather than a sponsorship deal.

the stadium can be called anything.. we wont be renaming Carrow Road as the road the stadium is on bears that name....

we will be able to call it "half full stadium" next season with our 15,000 gates...

jas :)

Renaming of existing stadia is generally academic, since in my experience the fans themselves continue to call it by the original name - York''s "Kit Kat Crescent", for once example, everyone still calls it Bootham Crescent - and if it brings in money then maybe... another, more obvious example, is the "Norwich and Peterborough Stand"... who here doesn''t still call it the River End? The sign on the stand makes no difference to me...

Title sponsorship is common place in the States and more and more new grounds are doing this in the UK.  Often these deals are worth a lot of money and if we were ever to build a new ground I would be willing to bet we would get a title sponsor. Therfore I would have nothing against the stadium being renamed.  As for the argument that its pointless because the ground will still be called the old one tends to forget these deals are worth a hell of a lot of money and that why names change not just for the hell of it.  With all that said I agree its easier to do with a brand new stadium.

I have it on good authority, that Carra Rud will be renamed "The Turner''s Around" Stadium..........hopefully.[^o)]