Sign in to follow this  
tilly

hello from the new ncisa chairman

For those of you who wondered why NCISA did not release our press statement until today the explanation is simple.To be Lord Mayor you have to be a serving councillor so had Roy lost his seat in the early hours of this morning he would still be chairman. Congratulations to Roy and his family for when he takes up his position on 22nd May.From now until the AGM later this year i am honoured to be only the 2nd chairman in the short history of NCISA.I hope the following information about myself might be of use to those who are genuinely interested in NCISA.I am 55 years old and own the Cottage pub on Silver Road in Norwich.I am a retired Police Officer and live just off the Dereham Road in the City.I am a Norfolk man and have lived in this fine city for 37 years . .I first watched Norwich play in 1963 and have been hooked ever since.Two cup semi finals,three league cup finals,three away games in europe,every promotion since Orient and Watford in 1972 been there done that.I sit directly behind the home dugout in row B seat 101 City Stand and have seen every home game and 10 away games this season.I have watched City play on 81 different away grounds in England and Wales. Apart from being a season ticket holder i am also the holder of 100 shares and sit on the supporters consultative group. For those of you that know me i think it would be fair to say that i do not suffer fools gladly.Perfect i am not but all i will say is that i will give it my best shot until the AGM.Fence sitting is not a hobby of mine and when i am asked for my views on all matters Norwich City quotes may well be TILSON quotes but any statements issued on behalf of NCISA will only be done with the knowledge of my fellow Officers on the committee and wherever possible the full committee. If any members of NCISA or indeed any City fans wish to discuss anything to do with the club we all love i can be contacted by email john.tilson@tiscali.co.uk or tel 07714216616.

Mmmmm.......retired copper eh?  At last we can expect some openess and transparency then.     [:|] 

All the best John with your new role.

Just one question, given that simple explaination, why didn''t NCISA actually state the reason earlier? It would have prevented all that nonsense from the likes of Truthseeker if we''d all been enlightened at the time. 

[quote user="GazzaTCC"]

Just one question, given that simple explaination, why didn''t NCISA actually state the reason earlier? It would have prevented all that nonsense from the likes of Truthseeker if we''d all been enlightened at the time. 

[/quote]

If the question had been asked by any other poster I would have cheerfully answered it. But I was not going to dignify that pillocks posts with  reasoned replies. I tried the polite respectful approach some time ago and he just threw it back in my face so from that point on I ignored him. Sorry if it annoyed anybody.

Actually I thought the whole situation was reletively free information?

I was at the count last night as a representative of one of the parties. I spoke to Roy before the count and during it and I have to say he was nothing but a complete gentleman.

Unlike some of the other candidates from his and the other parties he would not count his chickens (no pun intended) before they had hatched. He watched intently as the count went on although many others were convinced he would get it anyway.

My only hope is that he enjoys his term as mayor as much as I know he would like to.

As for the newcomer to the position - my only advice is that they need to think a little more long term when it comes to their anouncements and stances - it was a bit embaressing having them come out in October last season saying get rid of Worthington, then a couple of weeks later back pedal as results were going our way only for them to issue a similar statement to the first when things went sour oncemore.

Thanks for telling us a bit about yourself and good luck with the chairman''s role.

Good luck and best wishes mate-its a thankless role and one that gets a lot of stick and pressure, so all the best....otbc!

Ed

[quote user="Kathy"][quote user="GazzaTCC"]

[/quote]

If the question had been asked by any other poster I would have cheerfully answered it. But I was not going to dignify that pillocks posts with  reasoned replies. I tried the polite respectful approach some time ago and he just threw it back in my face so from that point on I ignored him. Sorry if it annoyed anybody.

[/quote]

Sorry Kathy, nothing personal, but NCISA had it in their control to clarify this and, for reasons best known to yourselves, chose not to. You should have risen above the nonsense that the likes of Truthseeker was spouting and set the record straight there and then.

Glad to see Roy got everything he needed from the springboard of the NCISA.....

[quote user="tilly"]For those of you who wondered why NCISA did not release our press statement until today the explanation is simple.To be Lord Mayor you have to be a serving councillor so had Roy lost his seat in the early hours of this morning he would still be chairman. Congratulations to Roy and his family for when he takes up his position on 22nd May.From now until the AGM later this year i am honoured to be only the 2nd chairman in the short history of NCISA.
I hope the following information about myself might be of use to those who are genuinely interested in NCISA.I am 55 years old and own the Cottage pub on Silver Road in Norwich.I am a retired Police Officer and live just off the Dereham Road in the City.I am a Norfolk man and have lived in this fine city for 37 years . .
I first watched Norwich play in 1963 and have been hooked ever since.Two cup semi finals,three league cup finals,three away games in europe,every promotion since Orient and Watford in 1972 been there done that.I sit directly behind the home dugout in row B seat 101 City Stand and have seen every home game and 10 away games this season.I have watched City play on 81 different away grounds in England and Wales.
 Apart from being a season ticket holder i am also the holder of 100 shares and sit on the supporters consultative group.
 For those of you that know me i think it would be fair to say that i do not suffer fools gladly.Perfect i am not but all i will say is that i will give it my best shot until the AGM.Fence sitting is not a hobby of mine and when i am asked for my views on all matters Norwich City quotes may well be TILSON quotes but any statements issued on behalf of NCISA will only be done with the knowledge of my fellow Officers on the committee and wherever possible the full committee.
 If any members of NCISA or indeed any City fans wish to discuss anything to do with the club we all love i can be contacted by email john.tilson@tiscali.co.uk or tel 07714216616.

[/quote]

You can carry out personal attacks if you want to, but the fact remains that this was something that could have been addressed weeks ago.

The massive coverage of the departure of Roy Blower in the EDP over the weekend also demonstates the cosy relationship between the paper and NCISA.

Adam Aiken, I notice, also joined in the self-serving backslapping. I have thought for a long time that there was something slightly concerning about the relatinship between NISA and the columnists. This has only confirmed my suspicions.

[quote user="Truthseeker"]

You can carry out personal attacks if you want to, but the fact remains that this was something that could have been addressed weeks ago.

The massive coverage of the departure of Roy Blower in the EDP over the weekend also demonstates the cosy relationship between the paper and NCISA.

Adam Aiken, I notice, also joined in the self-serving backslapping. I have thought for a long time that there was something slightly concerning about the relatinship between NISA and the columnists. This has only confirmed my suspicions.

[/quote]

Truthseeker, whilst I can agree in part with your first point, NCISA could have clarified the postion weeks ago, I''m not sure I follow the logic of the remainder of your post.

I believe NCISA, as one of the largest supporters groups, has every right to promote their cause with regular articles by various members within their group in the likes of the Pink Un newspaper. Where my confusion arises with your suggestion is how this constitutes a cosy relationship with the newspaper?

Thanks for a constructive answer. It''s good that someone here can discuss this reasonably.

I have no problem with NCISA receiving coverage in the local papers. I just don''t think it''s helpful that there are people on the EDP who have extremely close ties to an organisation that potentially has an important role to play in terms of Norwich City. It needs to be balanced but I don''t think it can be.

[quote user="GazzaTCC"][quote user="Truthseeker"]

[/quote]

Truthseeker, whilst I can agree in part with your first point, NCISA could have clarified the postion weeks ago, I''m not sure I follow the logic of the remainder of your post.

I believe NCISA, as one of the largest supporters groups, has every right to promote their cause with regular articles by various members within their group in the likes of the Pink Un newspaper. Where my confusion arises with your suggestion is how this constitutes a cosy relationship with the newspaper?

[/quote]

Anybody know how many paid up members they have then? Kathy??

[quote user="tilly"]For those of you who wondered why NCISA did not release our press statement until today the explanation is simple.To be Lord Mayor you have to be a serving councillor so had Roy lost his seat in the early hours of this morning he would still be chairman. Congratulations to Roy and his family for when he takes up his position on 22nd May.From now until the AGM later this year i am honoured to be only the 2nd chairman in the short history of NCISA.I hope the following information about myself might be of use to those who are genuinely interested in NCISA.I am 55 years old and own the Cottage pub on Silver Road in Norwich.I am a retired Police Officer and live just off the Dereham Road in the City.I am a Norfolk man and have lived in this fine city for 37 years . .I first watched Norwich play in 1963 and have been hooked ever since.Two cup semi finals,three league cup finals,three away games in europe,every promotion since Orient and Watford in 1972 been there done that.I sit directly behind the home dugout in row B seat 101 City Stand and have seen every home game and 10 away games this season.I have watched City play on 81 different away grounds in England and Wales. Apart from being a season ticket holder i am also the holder of 100 shares and sit on the supporters consultative group. For those of you that know me i think it would be fair to say that i do not suffer fools gladly.Perfect i am not but all i will say is that i will give it my best shot until the AGM.Fence sitting is not a hobby of mine and when i am asked for my views on all matters Norwich City quotes may well be TILSON quotes but any statements issued on behalf of NCISA will only be done with the knowledge of my fellow Officers on the committee and wherever possible the full committee. If any members of NCISA or indeed any City fans wish to discuss anything to do with the club we all love i can be contacted by email john.tilson@tiscali.co.uk or tel 07714216616.[/quote]It has occurred to me that my mother knows you, Mr Tilson! Her name''s Melanie, she''s a singer and she used to regularly gig at the Cottage and would often talk about the landlord, John! I''d say hi from her, but I''m not long back from seeing her off at the Airport as her and my sister emigrate to Spain today!Good luck in your post, hope it all goes well for you.  My mother only ever had good things to say about yourself and your pub, and enjoyed performing there, so you must be doing something right! [:D]

It is a very small world indeed - John used to live on the same street as me when I was a lad. Not sure this constitutes a cosy relationship between the paper and NCISA though...

The Cottage is a good pub.

A friend of mine who is gay said he feels as comfortable there as anywhere in the city.

Hi, this post is from the membership secretary of NCISA.  We currently have 407 members of the association.

[quote user="Pygmalion"]

The Cottage is a good pub.

A friend of mine who is gay said he feels as comfortable there as anywhere in the city.

[/quote]

What relevance is the pub seating??