Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Big Hint #1 - To Peter Grant

also did mr grant try to blame the wind.in his interview on radio norfolk.

mr grant you are in charge you  pick the team so you must take the blame.

Perfectly decent excuse I think...

There is a lot of wind coming out of the empty corridors of Carrow Road these days...  and the smell of it is worse than ever my friend!!! 

Yes, I fear that the more noise he makes the less the players will hear his words and take him seriously.

I can''t say I agreed with a lot of what Worthington did but I always admired his ''no excuses'' attitude.

Did any of you posters on this thread think the officials had a good game yesterday then?

Was Grant wrong?

Which of the referees decisions did you all think were particularly good ones?

Just askin'' ........ [N]

In all fairness the ref was bad but didnt that come across on the radio?

What would you rather him do: criticise the players like he has done and got slated for it? Or this, when in reality he has a point.

Oh bring back the silent Worthy days........

The point is that he too frequently criticises the referee after matches..

It''s not a one off. Check it out.

OTBC

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Did any of you posters on this thread think the officials had a good game yesterday then?

Was Grant wrong?

[/quote]

Exactly NN.

What he said was perfectly fair and he never said we lost that game because of the decisions, did he?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Was Grant wrong?

[/quote]

I''m afraid that being in the Championship results in having sub-standard referees at times. The decisions usually balance themselves out over time and if you spend all of your energy pointing fingers at officials rather than taking it on the chin and dealing with what everyone has to put up with then you are doing yourself no favours at all. Grant did not lose the game because of some refereeing errors.

Grant is spot on.

Some of the referees we have had this season should be struck of. Probert against Derby is one that comes immediately to mind. Listening to the commentary yesterday that referee wasn''t much better Huckerby booked for diving, Huckerby taken down the defender not booked but Fotheringham was booked for taking the free kick to quick.

Under Hacketts guidance referees get away with poor performances week in week out with minimal retribution but as Grant says managers and players can get sacked for results on the back of bad decisions. Week after week we see officials make poor decisions but will they use technology No. We now have a multi million pound industry using Victorian methods to control it. They wont use technology because the head of FIFA ( who appears anti British) wont let them.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

The point is that he too frequently criticises the referee after matches..

It''s not a one off. Check it out.

OTBC

[/quote]

That''s the trouble with watching it on the wireless, you only analyse the stats and comments but not the game itself.

[quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Was Grant wrong?

[/quote]

I''m afraid that being in the Championship results in having sub-standard referees at times. The decisions usually balance themselves out over time and if you spend all of your energy pointing fingers at officials rather than taking it on the chin and dealing with what everyone has to put up with then you are doing yourself no favours at all. Grant did not lose the game because of some refereeing errors.

[/quote]

I agree with most of your post except that there are many sub-standard referess in the premiership too. But basically I think you are correct in your alalysis.

However you replied to my three questions without addressing any of them. Would you liike another go?

[quote user="ridgeman"]

Grant is spot on.

Some of the referees we have had this season should be struck of. Probert against Derby is one that comes immediately to mind. Listening to the commentary yesterday that referee wasn''t much better Huckerby booked for diving, Huckerby taken down the defender not booked but Fotheringham was booked for taking the free kick to quick.

Under Hacketts guidance referees get away with poor performances week in week out with minimal retribution but as Grant says managers and players can get sacked for results on the back of bad decisions. Week after week we see officials make poor decisions but will they use technology No. We now have a multi million pound industry using Victorian methods to control it. They wont use technology because the head of FIFA ( who appears anti British) wont let them.

[/quote]

Technology wont solve the problem.. if the ball hits the underside of the bar, gets cleared, then goes up the other end and goes in what do u do? u cant pull play back and say "actually, its their goal because they scored first" u cant dissallow (or allow) both, and u certainly cant stop the game with someone 1-on1 with the keeper to study a video which might not be immediately clear.. if u saw the ball handt gone in what would u do??? give a drop ball? get the players to freeze like statues so they can carry on like nothing happened?

Technology would make the game farcicle... and we have seen with the countless TV angles today.. how many decisions still go undecided?

Yes they do use TV replayes in Cricket, Rugby and the NFL.. but these games all stop for long periods of time.. football is far too fast for technology...

Besides... Technology is only useful if the referee decides to use it.. he doesn''t have too.. a Cricket Umpire doesnt need to use the 3rd eye, a Rugby Ref doesnt need to review a try.. an NFL umpire cn study a replay but still not change his mind.... at the end of the day if u have a ref with an Ego then u might as well switch off the Technology and save on the electric bill.. as he wont use it.

jas :)

Ok. Too much time on peoples hands I feel.

How many of you guys have listened to other managers recently? Fergie and Jose both moan no end about referees sometimes rightly, sometimes rongly - its a pet love of some managers. They tend to be the more animated managers who wear their hearts on their sleeves and speak their mind.

In a way it is the contrast our lads need. They need to know that the boss is prepared to stick up for them as well as kick them up the arse when they need it. I think this season has been as much about Grant trying to alter their mentality and approach to games by getting them to understand his style - some of the chat is part of this. If he can prove it to them through the public eye then maybe just maybe they will accept him more readily and start to follow his directions more accurately (reducing the amount of finger waving on the sidelines!).

So.

I gather from some of you that we have been victimised by referees causing us to lose or draw matches we should have won. And this is one of the reasons for the less than acceptable performance this season.

Cr*p. Grow up.

Victim psychology.

OTBC

So.

I gather you are referring to the whole season now.

Grants quote was about Sundays match.

What part of what he said about Sundays match officials wasn''t true?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Was Grant wrong?

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree with most of your post except that there are many sub-standard referess in the premiership too. But basically I think you are correct in your alalysis.

However you replied to my three questions without addressing any of them. Would you liike another go?

[/quote]

No (but they are not robots)

No (about the decision) Yes (to criticise the officials so viciously)

97% of them

So.

I gather from some of you that we have been victimised by referees causing us to lose or draw matches we should have won. And this is one of the reasons for the less than acceptable performance this season.

Cr*p. Grow up.

Victim psychology.

OTBC

[/quote]Not sure I''ve read anyone saying that on this thread, Bly, you might want to read people''s comments again and take off the turd-coloured spectacles this time!I know nowt about the refereeing decisions on Sunday as I wasn''t there, didn''t listen to the game and haven''t even yet had the chance to read the match report.  But those who were there seem to suggest that the ref was pretty poor.  Which backs up Grant having a go at the ref.From what I''ve read this season, Grant has only ever had a go at the ref when our own fans have as well.Big Hint # 5 - To BlyBlyBabes:There isn''t always a big conspiracy by the board/players/managers/pinkun posters to make things seem rosier than they are.  Sometimes calling a ref a spanner is totally justified, sometimes players have bad games and sometimes the manager makes bad tactical decisions.  Welcome to the world of football.... do try to enjoy it once in a while, you''re beginning to sound like Cluck... [:P]

[quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Was Grant wrong?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

97% of them

[/quote]

KP ..... did you honestly seriously think 97% of the refs decisions on Sunday were good ones? I know opinions can differ but that was THE worst refereeing performance I have seen this season. And I have seen well over 40 games. I don''t usually blame officials either.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Was Grant wrong?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

97% of them

[/quote]

KP ..... did you honestly seriously think 97% of the refs decisions on Sunday were good ones? I know opinions can differ but that was THE worst refereeing performance I have seen this season. And I have seen well over 40 games. I don''t usually blame officials either.

[/quote]

Bearing in mind that a referee makes hundreds of decisions a game I think that a good few were dubious and some were 100% wrong but the other 180ish were sound.

[quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"]

Bearing in mind that a referee makes hundreds of decisions a game I think that a good few were dubious and some were 100% wrong but the other 180ish were sound.

[/quote]

I thought so too mate. I don''t remember one goal kick given in error the entire game. Fans are too quick to criticise referees and they don''t realise how difficult it is. 100% correct in all goal kick decisions! How many times do we see that these days? The linesmen got every throw in right too. Before we criticise we should stop and think about the speed the game is played and how little time there is to make the decisions. Maybe Grant should think about these things before he blames officials for poor decisions that may have contributed the teeniest weeniest bit to losing the game. He would be better off standing with his arms folded saying nothing.....

So.

I gather from some of you that we have been victimised by referees causing us to lose or draw matches we should have won. [/quote]

2 words.. Lee Probert! we should of stuffed Derby!

jas :)

My point is simply that Peter Grant will be doing nobody, including himself, a favour by obsessing over referees and their decisions.

Every club in the division has horror stories they can tell. But that is part of our sport in general - from the village field on Sunday mornings to the world cup final.

There is little doubt that bad decisions cut both ways and, in general, average out over time.

My contention is that Peter Grant would do us all a favour by using his time and analytical powers to assess and correct the underlying reasons for our string of unsatisfactory performances (and I am being mild) over the season (from beginning to end) - instead of his too frequent knee jerk reactions about referees after yet another defeat. That it is what he is paid for - not trying to pass the buck.

Simple, really.

And, as always, I truly do wish him good luck - because there''s little better than being a lucky so and so!

OTBC

[quote user="chicken"]

How many of you guys have listened to other managers recently? Fergie and Jose both moan no end about referees sometimes rightly, sometimes rongly - its a pet love of some managers. They tend to be the more animated managers who wear their hearts on their sleeves and speak their mind.

In a way it is the contrast our lads need. They need to know that the boss is prepared to stick up for them as well as kick them up the arse when they need it. I think this season has been as much about Grant trying to alter their mentality and approach to games by getting them to understand his style - some of the chat is part of this. If he can prove it to them through the public eye then maybe just maybe they will accept him more readily and start to follow his directions more accurately (reducing the amount of finger waving on the sidelines!).

[/quote]

Yeah, but look at what they have achieved in comparison to that t*** Grant

[quote user="Grumpy "][quote user="chicken"]

[/quote]

Yeah, but look at what they have achieved in comparison to that t*** Grant

[/quote]

Are you honestly trying to suggest that Grant is competing on the same terms and with similar resources to Mourinho and Ferguson???!!!!!!![:O][:S]

Nothing wrong tactically with critising a ref, if that criticism then leads to an ambiguous decision in the future by the same ref going our way then I''d say it was quite clever. Hasn''t done Fergie any harm.....