Sign in to follow this  
Ulf Ottosson

Paul McVeigh - Thanks for the Memories

No one else has so I thought I would, I would like to thank Paul for the great service he gave Norwich during his time here. He played as important a role as Malky, Iwan, Flem and Greeno in the turn around under Worthy, was instrumental in getting to the play off final, led the attack the following season netting a 14 goals and then again was a key player in our promotion campaign. We would''nt talk about the premiership season, perhaps Paul will let us know why Worthy fell out with him in due course. Back in the championship last year he led our recovery in the winter to give our season some respectability finishing a well deserved 3rd in the player of the season vote. This year well I don''t know at for me he''s never played, had about 5 starts if that all on the right wing go figure why he wasn''t played his best - at least he''s shown Burnley what he his capable of in this division.

Probably the best free transfer we ever made, had vision, technique and for me ideas ahead of anyone else in the squad it''s criminal that no manager ever managed to get him and huckerby playing together successfully in the same team. The question for Grant is will we be able to replace him  for nothing?

I wish him well in the future and look forward to seeing him at Carrow Road again in the future

Cheers Paul

[quote user="Ulf Ottosson"]

No one else has so I thought I would, I would like to thank Paul for the great service he gave Norwich during his time here. He played as important a role as Malky, Iwan, Flem and Greeno in the turn around under Worthy, was instrumental in getting to the play off final, led the attack the following season netting a 14 goals and then again was a key player in our promotion campaign. We would''nt talk about the premiership season, perhaps Paul will let us know why Worthy fell out with him in due course. Back in the championship last year he led our recovery in the winter to give our season some respectability finishing a well deserved 3rd in the player of the season vote. This year well I don''t know at for me he''s never played, had about 5 starts if that all on the right wing go figure why he wasn''t played his best - at least he''s shown Burnley what he his capable of in this division.

Probably the best free transfer we ever made, had vision, technique and for me ideas ahead of anyone else in the squad it''s criminal that no manager ever managed to get him and huckerby playing together successfully in the same team. The question for Grant is will we be able to replace him  for nothing?

I wish him well in the future and look forward to seeing him at Carrow Road again in the future

Cheers Paul

[/quote]

I agree that Paul done an awful lot for the club (much more than most on here who get a little bit of praise).

Best transfer we ever had???  I don''t think so... some other free transfers from Spurs in the 1980''s may have a comment or two to make on that one!!!

I would like to wish Paul all the best too... I am sure that he will do a fantastic job for anybody in the division who plays him in his correct position... down the middle (either upfron or just behind the front two).

Granty and the other fools at Carrow Road will have to keep their fingers crossed that Paul doesn''t come home and twist the knife by banging in a couple of goals against us here next year!!!

Mcveigh was a great player for us a few years back, the play off year, and the seasons either side i think it was when he was outstanding. He used to be my favourite player, unfortunately he''s gone stale and needs a new challenge, good luck.

P.s. We love you Paul Mcveigh, one of the best songs we''ve had for a while.

Dolly Parton, Katy Price (Jordan) and Chesty Morgan......and all the other luvverly laydees that have chest been the breast, Mello says:  "Thanks for the Mammaries!"[:P]

Oh, and Paul McSmall? Get yer bleedin'' haircut!

I watched my Division One Champions season DVD yesterday and couldn''t believe how good McVeigh was! It jogged my memory for sure ... I suppose that''s what makes it all the more frustrating. Did you know he won Burnley''s ''goal of the season''? 

Yes indeed, well at least thanks for the first eighteen months or so WLY, Not quite sure what caused the subsequent decline, perhaps too socially pally with  Mulryne  or not friendly enough with Worthy perhaps. I hope he does well where ever he goes, he owes it to himself to make good use of  his obvious talent.

not another one of these bloody threads!

thanks for helping us get to the Playoffs, and scoring away against Man utd..

also thank u for not putting n the effort after a while and drifiting away from the player u should of been.

jas :)

[quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"]I watched my Division One Champions season DVD yesterday and couldn''t believe how good McVeigh was! It jogged my memory for sure ... I suppose that''s what makes it all the more frustrating. Did you know he won Burnley''s ''goal of the season''? [/quote]he was capable of scoring some special goals, i think in the season after the play-offs he volleyed in from the right edge of the penalty area, absolute creamer.yes, thanks for good times WLY, but of late, they''ve been few and far between.  wish you luck at burnley.

Whatever..... see careers of Mulryne P., Nielson D., Libbra M., Crowe D., Hayes P., etc etc etc...

Dont think we will be kicking ourselves over this, but on a personal note I wish him best of luck at Burnely.

In the play-off season, a dark drab mid-winter mid-week game against Rotherham I think, which was drifting away from us.  Paul McVeigh came off the bench and turned the game around.  After that he seemed to be instrumental in the better aspects of our team that season.  Cheers Paul, you''ve still got a few goals left in you.

Thanks for the memories McBigMac. and thanks for wasting the clubs money and the fans time over the 18 months.....

Mcveigh is one of my all time fav norwich players i think he could of done even better for us if he wasnt thorwn out on the wing but i think he will do well for whoever he signs for next season

good luck McVeigh cant wait to see ya next season

[quote user="Safri15"]Thanks for the memories McBigMac. and thanks for wasting the clubs money and the fans time over the 18 months.....[/quote]

Indeed !     we are WELL rid of another   goddam  timewaster  ..... yes , he did good in the early days ,  but as soon as he realised  that he wasn`t  king of the heap  any longer  ,  he got a childish hump  , and , frankly , just pissed off Worthy  big time  , and continued  his tantrum  into the Grant era .....   good riddance !   

[quote user="Safri15"]Thanks for the memories McBigMac. and thanks for wasting the clubs money and the fans time over the 18 months.....[/quote]

Indeed !     we are WELL rid of another   goddam  timewaster  ..... yes , he did good in the early days ,  but as soon as he realised  that he wasn`t  king of the heap  any longer  ,  he got a childish hump  , and , frankly , just pissed off Worthy  big time  , and continued  his tantrum  into the Grant era .....   good riddance !   

Once again, another previously good player lambasted for latter-day sins upon his departure.  Wasn''t his absence from the first team being used as a stick with which to beat Worthington with during the WO saga?? Good to see we fans have good judgement... [:S]He''s a pretty nice chap from my own experiences, and my mum and sister know his current girlfriend well... not sure she''ll be looking forward to Burnley, though! [:S]And amusing to see that only a few short hours after scoring on Sunday he was back in Norwich and out on the lash! After being out on Friday night as well (with photographic evidence, and along with Tony Warner).  Unfortunately his penchant for the city''s nightlife seems to have been his downfall...But he gave us many years of good service and some excellent goals and crosses, so good luck to him!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Once again, another previously good player lambasted for latter-day sins upon his departure.  Wasn''t his absence from the first team being used as a stick with which to beat Worthington with during the WO saga?? Good to see we fans have good judgement... [:S]

He''s a pretty nice chap from my own experiences, and my mum and sister know his current girlfriend well... not sure she''ll be looking forward to Burnley, though! [:S]

And amusing to see that only a few short hours after scoring on Sunday he was back in Norwich and out on the lash! After being out on Friday night as well (with photographic evidence, and along with Tony Warner).  Unfortunately his penchant for the city''s nightlife seems to have been his downfall...

But he gave us many years of good service and some excellent goals and crosses, so good luck to him!
[/quote]

EM , all that concerns me , and I suspect most fans , is NOT that he`s a nice chap   etc etc , but what he contributed  to the  NCFC  scene  ?    in your own words you have described   exactly WHY   he went down the pan !     turns into a little fat geezer  , waddling about the field  ,  a piss taker of the first order ! we are WELL rid of this waster !   Burnley are welcome to him .......  [;)]

[quote user="sheded"]

all that concerns me , and I suspect most fans , is NOT that he`s a nice chap   etc etc , but what he contributed  to the  NCFC  scene  ?    [;)]

[/quote]Exactly, and what he contributed over 7 or so years was, for the MOST part, some excellent attacking football and skillful play, as well as vital goals during poor seasons and a big contribution to our promotion and play-off seasons... I hope these won''t be forgotten by the fans, but suspect they already have...

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="sheded"]

all that concerns me , and I suspect most fans , is NOT that he`s a nice chap   etc etc , but what he contributed  to the  NCFC  scene  ?    [;)]

[/quote]

Exactly, and what he contributed over 7 or so years was, for the MOST part, some excellent attacking football and skillful play, as well as vital goals during poor seasons and a big contribution to our promotion and play-off seasons... I hope these won''t be forgotten by the fans, but suspect they already have...
[/quote]

So , why , in your opinion EM , did  McVeigh   actually slip down the ladder  in the last 3 years ?  he obviously got the wrong side of Worthy   for some reason ,   and you have to come to the conclusion  that this was because   McVeigh  had a chip on his shoulder , and it was affecting   his contribution to the team !    the evidence is there for all to see ....  there`s no hiding place on the field !   and the club can`t keep paying  wages   to a player based on PAST performances ....  in effect  he turned into an overweight idle little git  , football is a physical sport , and you don`t train  in nightclubs   ..... he`s  neither use nor ornament to the team  , a waster !   we need his ilk like we need  a rat infested house !    the guy is characterless  , good riddance say I    ( I`m a hard man LOL )

[quote user="sheded"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="sheded"]

[/quote]Exactly, and what he contributed over 7 or so years was, for the MOST part, some excellent attacking football and skillful play, as well as vital goals during poor seasons and a big contribution to our promotion and play-off seasons... I hope these won''t be forgotten by the fans, but suspect they already have...[/quote]

So , why , in your opinion EM , did  McVeigh   actually slip down the ladder  in the last 3 years ?  he obviously got the wrong side of Worthy   for some reason ,   and you have to come to the conclusion  that this was because   McVeigh  had a chip on his shoulder , and it was affecting   his contribution to the team !    the evidence is there for all to see ....  there`s no hiding place on the field !   and the club can`t keep paying  wages   to a player based on PAST performances ....  in effect  he turned into an overweight idle little git  , football is a physical sport , and you don`t train  in nightclubs   ..... he`s  neither use nor ornament to the team  , a waster !   we need his ilk like we need  a rat infested house !    the guy is characterless  , good riddance say I    ( I`m a hard man LOL )

[/quote]I''m a little confused Sheded as you seem to be suggesting that we''re in disagreement whereas we''re not... I''m in total agreement with his departure, regardless of him being a nice chap... his recent performances for the club and his seeming attitude, coupled with his love of the night life, leave him no room at this club.My point about people having a go was that this is a thread to say thank you for those things he did do well in his time here (and there were many) not to slate him for his latter day sins.

good luck McVeigh and thanks for some nice years, and good luck in the future.

I also hope that Hendersen can "find himself" and become as good as he was for 3 years agoe.

I''m a little confused Sheded as you seem to be suggesting that we''re in disagreement whereas we''re not... I''m in total agreement with his departure, regardless of him being a nice chap... his recent performances for the club and his seeming attitude, coupled with his love of the night life, leave him no room at this club.

My point about people having a go was that this is a thread to say thank you for those things he did do well in his time here (and there were many) not to slate him for his latter day sins. E.M.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Oops !    Sorry E.M ......  I`m out of here , I find it really hard to  say anything  in  McVeigh`s   favour   now [:$]

Is it me, or does it now feel like a race is one between this thread and Dion''s to get the most posts?...

I have equalised BTW [:P]

Didn''t get on with the previous manager and was treated poorly during the disastrous last 2 years of Worthy''s tenure, and .  Sometimes its hard to get out of bad habits that you have fallen into.  On his money however he has no excuses.  Thanks for the first few years, but good riddance you fat little girl.