Sign in to follow this  
Pinks

Lappin (thumb, late-April)

Strap it up, get him on (have a little scrimmage).

What has he done to his thumb?????

Yeah a damaged thumb is nothing compared to that goal keeper, Bert Trauttman from the 1950s who played on with a broken neck!

He fell heavily on his thumb right in front of me at the WBA game, wiggled it about a bit then got on with it. How did he manage to play the rest of that game, but not Leicester and Burnley? A little pathetic really.   

[quote user="ricky knight"]Bless him, maybe they should stop his wages whilst he is out of work, bet he would soon be playing then.[/quote]

Too bleddy right he would !   IMO theres too many players come here  to  get " injured "  and sit on their arses  collecting  wages  they have no intention of working for !   I`m not aware of the financial system in place  , in this club , to cater for long term " injuries "  ,  but you can bet  its not to the advantage of the club  financially !     let alone loss of  a player for the club .

MLJ ?   a dead loss !   

Safri  ?  " groin "   , or whatever ....

Fothers ?  gets " injured " before hes hardly kicked a ball ...

Lappin , awww , a thumb prob !  like  a footballer uses his ickle thumb such a lot while he`s playing , gimme stregth !!

Chadwick ?   one game , crashes into an advertising board  that would have most players up and running in 5 mins , but not OUR  player  , oh no ,  we buy  " fragile " players   , who drop like bleeding flies  when the going gets wuff ,  jaysus .......

then a 7 hour  coach journey  gives these po little things a back ache !!   ......you couldn`t make it up [:''(] 

[quote user="charlies dad"]If its not hanging by a thread, he should get his backside on the pitch - we need him.[/quote]

Perhaps his thumb and backside are a related injury.....

Yes, but what about Drury? Lost a tooth (some reports say 3 teeth), a quick drink and spit and carried on playing, now thats a hard man. I was right next to the incident and it looked nasty and he just shugged it off. Then he had dentist treatment and tried to play the next game, admittely he had to come off in the 1st min for feeling groggy, but how many other footballers would have tried, would you have?

[quote user="StimKing"]Yes, but what about Drury? Lost a tooth (some reports say 3 teeth), a quick drink and spit and carried on playing, now thats a hard man. I was right next to the incident and it looked nasty and he just shugged it off. Then he had dentist treatment and tried to play the next game, admittely he had to come off in the 1st min for feeling groggy, but how many other footballers would have tried, would you have?[/quote]

You say that, but Drury did the teeth out thing on Monday 9th April and presumably had his dental treatment either Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday that week. I''m presuming that he wouldn''t of seen his dentist on the Saturday (mine doesn''t open anyway). So feeling groggy 96,72,48 or even 24 hours after seeing the dentist is still a bit wet.

I was born in a wet cardboard box in the middle of a motorway. We had handfulls of hot shingle for breakfast, but we were happy.[:D]

Being a shortarse I heard his arm was trailing on the ground at Colney and a donkey stood on it.

Just what I heard. Hope this helps clear up the mystery for you.   [Y][N][Y][N] [:''(]

i''ve spoken to somebody who will know more about this than most of us, if he has just had an operation on it, he is likely to have a band holding his thump in place and if he takes a knock to it, his thumb will be well and truly knackered