Sign in to follow this  
ca

Reporting from Colney

Sorry if this is boring for some people but here’s an account of my visit to Colney today [:)]

Got up there at 9.45am after persuading hubby to come along (he’s a Man U fan) and it was quiet and peaceful with only a couple of cars in the car park, one of which was lovely Hucks''s. I thought for a moment they had been warned I was coming up there and had moved training elsewhere to avoid me [:)]

Bumped into Gunny who told me that training today and tomorrow had been moved to 12 noon to coincide with the game. Asked him specifically about Hucks, Crofts and Dublin chances of playing and he was confident that Dublin was ok, fairly hopeful re Croft but Hucks was 50/50. Also said that Hucks & Croft & Chadwick had been there since 9am having intense treatment.

Went off to Wymondham, treated hubby to breakfast to keep him sweet and returned at 12 noon to Colney. Hubby stayed in car to read the paper ( was worried I''d embarrass him ) [:)]

Players all came out and walked past the spectators (only 5 there) and several said hello with smiley faces and they were all wished good luck for Sunday.

Then Dublin came out and even though I''m not usually shy I did have to push myself to approach him for a chat. I thanked him for what he had done for us this season and told him that us fans love him and thinks he’s been an inspiration to us all. He said that those words and the way the fans had reacted to him meant a lot to him and that he has enjoyed every minute of his time at our club. I told him to make sure that we beat the scum on Sunday and he said that he knew what it meant to us fans and they would be doing their very best, plus he said that he was fit and raring to go. Told him we''d love to see him here next season and he said he knew that and would make a decision at the end of the season. I have to say that unlike some footballers who seemed to chat but keep walking he had all the time in the world for me, looked me straight in the eye and concentrated on what I was saying. He came over as a gentle giant and he''s even more of a legend in my eyes now than he was yesterday.

Took me about 5 mins to get over my chat with him but still had one more purpose in life and that was to catch Grant. He came out last signed a couple of autographs for kids and then I pounced [:D] I asked him to make sure that everyone of those players knew exactly what this game means to us and how to some of us its life or death, its pride and bragging rights and its humiliation for days after if we lose. He promised me that the players were in no doubt how us fans feel about this one and he himself is as passionate about this particular game as us and they would do their best not to let us down. He thanked me for taking the time and trouble of visiting Colney to talk to him.  Told him when asked that I don''t visit there very often, wouldn''t normally approach himself or players but told him I''m in an emotional state about the game and he laughed.

Hubby appeared then and we both watched the training for about 45 mins, one thing that really shone for me is the team banter which was evident, especially from Dublin who was geeing the kids up and seemed to be the joker of the pack.

This is what the state of play looked like to me from what I saw and what players were saying.

Earshaw - nearly back to full fitness - is likely to start the game

Hucks -  most worrying one 50/50- but with his guts and determination wouldn’t be surprised to see him start

Fozzy - fit

Dublin - fit

Drury - fit 

Colin - was training and is available to play

Chadwick- didn’t see him but had told someone he’s nearly back to fitness and rates himself as 50/50 for Sunday - maybe on bench??

No sign of Lappin or Doherty so assume they are out, and Safri, Brown, Louis Jean, Marshall are definitely out too

So could the team line up as follows?

Warner

Hughes/Colin ..... Dublin ..... Shackell .... Drury

Croft/Chadwick .....Fozzy ..... Etuhu ..... Hucks/Eagle

Earnshaw ..... Martin

Must say I had a great time and feel much more reassured now that I’ve seen them in the flesh, heard first hand the team news and heard for myself the Grant passion for the club.

Sorry If I''ve been a typical woman and gone on a bit but I know some of you will be interested and even if you''re not I know this post will make you all smile [:)]

CMON YOU YELLOWS

this is cityangel - Anglia news - over and out [:)]

the words of an angel ! great post.... bet you had to have a lay down after that, sounds like you may have come over all giddy. you didn''t say if you got to rub Huck''s back ??

as for Dublin... what a star !!!!!

Well done buddy, sounds like a cracking day!! I must admit I''ve had the same sort of conversation in the middle of Norwich with Dion and can only repeat the words already spoken by yourself. What a complete legend. I would be very surprised if Croft and Hucks don''t start - If it''s still bugging either of them on matchday I''m sure a couple of pain-killing injections will get rid of the problem for 90 minutes.

Each time I read such things it does make me think what a great club we support - I''m not sure others are so open and approachable; DD is certainly a class act, can''t help but think he would be great to have about next season if only to bring on the youngsters who must see him as a model pro.

You''d hope that some of those 50:50 players would be worth risking, we are safe and it is the only match left we really want to win (of course we want to win them all, you know what I mean): if anyone gets injured it is not quite so problematic given that the next important date will not be until August, 4 months away, when 07/08 season starts.

City Angel, you don''t have to go to Colney to see Dublin , you can see him quite close to you , he is almost your neighour.oh by the way  i was sorry to miss you this morning but i was helping where i could , they like sending me off, anyhow enjoy all the best.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Then Dublin came out and even though I''m not usually shy I did have to push myself to approach him for a chat. I thanked him for what he had done for us this season and told him that us fans love him and thinks he’s been an inspiration to us all. He said that those words and the way the fans had reacted to him meant a lot to him and that he has enjoyed every minute of his time at our club. I told him to make sure that we beat the scum on Sunday and he said that he knew what it meant to us fans and they would be doing their very best, plus he said that he was fit and raring to go. Told him we''d love to see him here next season and he said he knew that and would make a decision at the end of the season. I have to say that unlike some footballers who seemed to chat but keep walking he had all the time in the world for me, looked me straight in the eye and concentrated on what I was saying. He came over as a gentle giant and he''s even more of a legend in my eyes now than he was yesterday.

[/quote]

The back views not too bad either CA!

Thank you for the report. Pity you didnt try a bit harder to get Hucks fit though. I''m very worried.

Best post of the week. Utterly informative and I''m sure it''s genuine. Really appreciate it CityAngel ... so nervous for Sunday - I don''t want to be humiliated by having them do the double over us and your post gives me more hope.

Come on City!

CA - you are an absolute pink un LEGEND [:D]. With that one post you have made me extremely proud to be a Norwich City fan. Let''s hope that you are definitely correct (somehow I think you are) and we really sock it to ''em on Sunday [:D].

I''ve never been up to Colney to watch them train before, but that one post has made me realise that perhaps I should.

I''m sure you''d make a fantastic (and totally unbiased of course) Sports Reporter for Anglia News [:D].

[quote user="Kathy"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

The back views not too bad either CA!

Thank you for the report. Pity you didnt try a bit harder to get Hucks fit though. I''m very worried.

[/quote]

I''m glad she didn''t. The poor bugger would definitely be injured for the game LOL!

City Angel ..... you sure your not  Nottingham ?      anyway ,  respect  !     [:D]

I desperately need us to get at least a point against Southampton as well, work is a real pain whey they are doing well and I need us to make sure they don''t get into the play-offs.

Mark .Y.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Sorry if this is boring for some people but here’s an account of my visit to Colney today [:)]

Got up there at 9.45am after persuading hubby to come along (he’s a Man U fan) and it was quiet and peaceful with only a couple of cars in the car park, one of which was lovely Hucks''s. I thought for a moment they had been warned I was coming up there and had moved training elsewhere to avoid me [:)]

Bumped into Gunny who told me that training today and tomorrow had been moved to 12 noon to coincide with the game. Asked him specifically about Hucks, Crofts and Dublin chances of playing and he was confident that Dublin was ok, fairly hopeful re Croft but Hucks was 50/50. Also said that Hucks & Croft & Chadwick had been there since 9am having intense treatment.

Went off to Wymondham, treated hubby to breakfast to keep him sweet and returned at 12 noon to Colney. Hubby stayed in car to read the paper ( was worried I''d embarrass him ) [:)]

Players all came out and walked past the spectators (only 5 there) and several said hello with smiley faces and they were all wished good luck for Sunday.

Took me about 5 mins to get over my chat with him but still had one more purpose in life and that was to catch Grant. He came out last signed a couple of autographs for kids and then I pounced [:D] I asked him to make sure that everyone of those players knew exactly what this game means to us and how to some of us its life or death, its pride and bragging rights and its humiliation for days after if we lose. He promised me that the players were in no doubt how us fans feel about this one and he himself is as passionate about this particular game as us and they would do their best not to let us down. He thanked me for taking the time and trouble of visiting Colney to talk to him.  Told him when asked that I don''t visit there very often, wouldn''t normally approach himself or players but told him I''m in an emotional state about the game and he laughed.

Hubby appeared then and we both watched the training for about 45 mins, one thing that really shone for me is the team banter which was evident, especially from Dublin who was geeing the kids up and seemed to be the joker of the pack.

This is what the state of play looked like to me from what I saw and what players were saying.

Earshaw - nearly back to full fitness - is likely to start the game

Hucks -  most worrying one 50/50- but with his guts and determination wouldn’t be surprised to see him start

Fozzy - fit

Dublin - fit

Drury - fit 

Colin - was training and is available to play

Chadwick- didn’t see him but had told someone he’s nearly back to fitness and rates himself as 50/50 for Sunday - maybe on bench??

No sign of Lappin or Doherty so assume they are out, and Safri, Brown, Louis Jean, Marshall are definitely out too

So could the team line up as follows?

Warner

Hughes/Colin ..... Dublin ..... Shackell .... Drury

Croft/Chadwick .....Fozzy ..... Etuhu ..... Hucks/Eagle

Earnshaw ..... Martin

Must say I had a great time and feel much more reassured now that I’ve seen them in the flesh, heard first hand the team news and heard for myself the Grant passion for the club.

Sorry If I''ve been a typical woman and gone on a bit but I know some of you will be interested and even if you''re not I know this post will make you all smile [:)]

CMON YOU YELLOWS

this is cityangel - Anglia news - over and out [:)]

[/quote]

BE HONEST WITH YOU, YOUR TRAINING REPORT WAS MUCH MORE DETAILED AND USEFUL THAN ME! IT''S GREAT GREAT JOB FROM YOU! VERY NICE!!! :)

Way to go girl, way to go!.

You''re a star, babes, and the PU should sign you up, brilliant reporting Angel.

11 marks out of 10 from me.

CA I have only just read it and it is indeed a quality post, feel free to go up there every week of the season as it was more readable and enjoyable than a lot of the professionals. Well done

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Way to go girl, way to go!.

You''re a star, babes, and the PU should sign you up, brilliant reporting Angel.

11 marks out of 10 from me.

[/quote]

I think the old wiz likes you =-) [;)]

Great report City Angel. Have to say though it is rather disappointing to hear about Lappin wasn''t training. As far as i''m aware all the guy has done is broken his thumb. I don''t see how that procludes him from playing tommorow. If it''s painful surely he can have pain numbing injections? Derby games are about putting yourself on the line and fighting on regardless of any pain you maybe feeling. Whoever decided he wouldnt play, either the club or himself probably needs reminding of the importance of tommorow. Having a decent player like him out because his thumb is sore is not valid. Of course this is all null and void if he has a genuine injury such as a hamstring pull that stops him from playing but i''ve yet to hear of it.

On the official site, it says that he''s had an operation to put a screw / plate in his hand, which explains why it''s not simply a case of wearing a cast over it.

Lappin''s problem isnt just a broken thumb, its more complicated than that and hes had to have his hand pinned too (whatever that means)

quality read cityangel, this spurred me on to going to colney myself today, unfortunatly they have just about finish for the day! doh.

i did speak to hucks and earnie  and asked him about his fitness, his reply was ''touch n go, you''ll have to wait and find out tomorrow''

earnie was saying the he will be starting tomorrow all being well.