Sign in to follow this  
Its All About The 2 Ms Movement & Positioning

Andy Hughes as a front man?

[quote user="It''s All About The 2 M''s Movement & Positioning"]Ive seen him play many times and his movement and touch reminds me of somebody like Teddy Sheringham. I think he could certainly do a job playing in the hole behind a fit Earnshaw?quote]

Yep, you are dead right there. Andy Hughes would be great playing in a hole.

You only ever get these ridiculous posts leading up to a local derby.

I just cannot fathom why??...[*-)]

That would be almost as inspiring as when John Deehan played Rob Newman up front when we got relegated, or more recently when NW played Thomas Helveg in central midfield.

In fact why not play Rob Earnshaw in central defence and Huckerby at right back?

That sounds like an amassing idea plus we could play tony warner in the center of midfield cos he is big and strong and how about hucks in goal, i love these stupid posts.[:)]

OK, I know on the face of it this sounds like a ludicrous idea, but bear with me.  I have heard it said by quite a few Reading fans that Hughes did his best work for them when playing as an attacking midfileder, in the hole, behind the front two..........

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"]OK, I know on the face of it this sounds like a ludicrous idea, but bear with me.  I have heard it said by quite a few Reading fans that Hughes did his best work for them when playing as an attacking midfileder, in the hole, behind the front two..........[/quote]

... you really aren''t joking are you???

[quote user="ricardo"]

[quote user="It''s All About The 2 M''s Movement & Positioning"]Ive seen him play many times and his movement and touch reminds me of somebody like Teddy Sheringham. I think he could certainly do a job playing in the hole behind a fit Earnshaw?quote]

Yep, you are dead right there. Andy Hughes would be great playing in a hole.

[/quote]

i recognise that smell.. it could only be the smell of someone who spends a lot of times around bins.. A.. A er.... oh yeah, a Binnie.. thats it...

stupid post

jas :)

That''s a superb idea, so that when he loses the ball it won''t cost us a goal!! Bravo!! Think you''ve cracked our formation for next season. This idea would also limit the range that he needs to pass the ball, so that there would be more chance to passing to another player in yellow!! Good idea. But as for shooting, I''ll leave that to your imagination.......

I''m sorry but Hughes struggles at right back, let alone up front. I don''t want to be harsh to him as i like him as a player because he is a good work horse, you cant dout his commitment for a second. But to stay his touch is like Teddy Sheringham''s is wrong, he has little natural skill and would be a waste up there.

How about having Hughes left back.Left back in the changing rooms.

Hughes cant shoot for $h##....and his passing is poor. I cant think of a worse position than up front.

I actually fancy him alongside Shackell in central defence as he''s good in the air he''s pretty quick, very tough and for all his on the ball non prowess he does tackle very well and is hard to get by...I think he would make an excellent centre back, no nonsense, bruiser to get stuck in and scare opposing centre forwards.

[quote user="7rew"]I have heard the same things from reading fans.
[/quote]

It''s true...  Reading Fans have suggested that playing just behind the forwards is Hughes best position.

It must be noted however that they have said that he is c**p all over the park!!!