Sign in to follow this  
koimatsuba

Derby Passion shown all season!!!

Hi all,

Yes its another Andy Hughes posting.....

And so it should be, I''ve posted my comments on this players passion, belief and overall commitment for NCFC, only to have a barage of bad quotes and remarks about him.

Well, Well, Well, ..... what a fine performance he had against Ipsh*it. Another lions showing. He must have been up for MOTM in a lot of peoples minds.

Lets stop moaning about players who show us there metal. He may not be a Prem League star but he''s far better than some of the crap we''ve played this year! Andy Hughes should be playing for NCFC next season and I believe he should play at right back as well, he obviously likes it there.

Cheers All

[quote user="koimatsuba"]

Hi all,

Yes its another Andy Hughes posting.....

And so it should be, I''ve posted my comments on this players passion, belief and overall commitment for NCFC, only to have a barage of bad quotes and remarks about him.

Well, Well, Well, ..... what a fine performance he had against Ipsh*it. Another lions showing. He must have been up for MOTM in a lot of peoples minds.

Lets stop moaning about players who show us there metal. He may not be a Prem League star but he''s far better than some of the crap we''ve played this year! Andy Hughes should be playing for NCFC next season and I believe he should play at right back as well, he obviously likes it there.

Cheers All

[/quote]

Yes, I think most City fans would agree that Andy Hughes had probably his best ever game in a City shirt today. I thought he was a certainty for MOTM and was surprised when Etuhu got it although to be fair he also looked the part today.

For once the derby was quite an enjoyable game to watch, perhaps because only '' bragging rights '' were at stake. It was a pretty even affair helped by a lenient ref who amazingly managed to refrain from booking anyone until well into the second half. Even Haynes failed to score when he came on ............

Spotted Robert Green sneaking into the Jarrold Stand shortly after kick-off - possibly looking forward to a return with West Ham next year perhaps ? - and Craig Fleming was also there.

All in all a good day out for me with a word of thanks to those nice folk at the '' Coach & Horses '' who served me my first delicious pint of CHB shortly after opening at 10am........  

If the other players could show 1/2 the passion Hughes puts in it would be a good start.He put in 150% effort, I know sometimes his skill lets him down. However, he is not the only one to have bad passing this season! I think he is worth a shot at right back for next season.

Can anyone tell me why Grant pur Colin on right midfield (I know Crofty was injured), but why not put Hughes midfield & Colin right back. Colin did not seem to have a clue what to do !!!!! Also, why not put Huck''s midfield left & Martin up front????

What utter tosh...

He may of been one of the best players TODAY amongst 2 poor teams...

That does not mean that he should play next season...  the number of ok games he has had for City you could count on the fingers of a one handed man who has lost a couple of fingers...

You may think that a player that has shown that amount of limited skill in 2 seasons and a bit of commitment may be entitled to keep wearing a yellow & green shirt next season... I and many others certainly do not!!!

Hughes was excellent today and all credit to him but did you go to Colchester where he was appalling? I''d like him to stay for his versatility alone but he''s poor more often than not and while I personally prefer him to Colin at right-back let''s not kid ourselves that he''s first team material if we are seriously hoping for promotion.

Hughes was almost fanatical today, he ran his heart out, tackled everything that moved, and harrassed ipswich players all afternoon. he was outstanding. Well done.

Hughes worked very hard today and his determination chasing down attackers was great.He was driving opposing players backwards like a rugby player at times. he gets his stick he deserves this praise. Well done!

What was Fotheringham up too, he overhit nearly every corner and wasted a couple of good free kick chances.Is he going to be yet another  Norwich example of players going downhill as soon as they get a contract. The first game he played with Lappin for us I was very impressed but now I`m not so sure.Swapping shirts and pulling on Scum Blue at the end of the game in front of the crowd was not his best move. thank goodness Shacks had the sence to have a word in his ear!

I would be interested to hear from all the Etuhu knockers because for me he could well become a Norwich great.  Some tremendous runs today and a shot that could have broken the net.  

Eh ?  Hughes  a candidate for MOM ?    he DID have a good game  ..... but  so what ?   just took him an entire season  to work up to it  , for crisesake !   the other " candidate " Etuhu .... another one to take a whole season  to get up to speed ! 

Aren`t the posters who came up with those two  just getting  amnesia ?     It WAS  hucks  who played to get us the only goal , bad back an all !   and  had  Ipswich`s defence going every whichway ......    get real people  , without Hucks  , we would be looking at a defeat ,  Earnie missed two bleeding sitters ,  wild and inaccurate is how I would describe  him generally ,  he`s a goal hanger ! and , by the law of averages , will hit the net  most often .... what am I saying ?   sell Earnie  to a prem club ,  he`s  an ego player , and won`t like  working with another ( better ? )  striker .... work on the Martin /Hucks  duo as a strike force  , get in two defensive midfielders  of good pedigree  ..  get the players working as a TEAM    my opinion !

Etuhu was deservedly motm. Though Hughes would get it if it was just for guts and determination. He roared away at us in the Jarrold Stand quite a few times in the first half to get the crowd going.

Agreed, Hughes had a good game. IMO, MOTM was close between him and Etuhu. However, he still lacks the quality to be in a promotion winning team. I''d be happy to keep him next season but only as emegency cover.

The Hughes, The Hughes, The Hughes is on Fire!!

He showed all the commitment he could today, still made some dodgy passes (which Grant summed up in his post match comments of ''Hughsey sometimes play in his little world") but can''t fault commitment

absolute nut case but he had a cracking game. needs to put his foot on the ball and find a simple pass more often rather than smashing it up in the air. However, he''s improved a hell of a lot.

Thanks for all your comments so far ....

Up the city, Heres to the Saints home game.

CHB - nice pint I believe, and a great pub, I''ll have to get there sooner so that I can get a seat and some of there great grub as well.

10am a bit early for me though even on Derby day. Cheers!

If football was about energy and committment Hughes would be playing for the worlds biggest clubs -but so would many of us.  I agree with Charlies Dad (pyro petes comments) - fanatical sums him up and that has been missing from so many city players this season that it is good to see in Hughes.    Is like watching Marbella Belles on ITV - its so bad its must watch tv at its most cringeworthy; however it and hughes must not be confused with actually being any good.

Like the PG quote tho - it might explain a lot...  

Still want him at the club next season though - super squad player.

Just started a Post Along the Simlilar lines, (Sorry didnt realise this was a Hughesy Post from the title)

hughes undoubtedly is made of the right stuff and gave a tremendous derby display.  however, regret to say he''s not the answer for right back for next season imo.  positionally, he''s prone to being caught out, especially if put under pressure - but not as bad as colin is admittedly, and although he played some peachy passes yesterday, all too often his distribution is not of the standard required. 

Last time I saw Hughes do so well was at Chelsea, hope its not just the big games he''s going to be up for. Ditto Etuhu. PG needs to find out how to get these two doing it week in week out. Earnie was poor yesterday (somebody on the radio suggested he should be MOM- what was that about?), but Hickerby absolutely devastating but generally when Peters was on the right and only when PG didn''t have him partnering Earnie in a 4-4-2 (we were much better as a 4-5-1)

Sheded, just because it is pointed out that a couple of other players had a good game is not to say that Hucks wasn''t a huge player for us as well. Yes, he is obviously our best player by a country mile - but this is an established fact and obviously doesn''t need repeating week after week! It is far more news worthy in my opinion that Etuhu and Hughes also had good games and I think that this is why people (myself included) have focussed on their performances yesterday - particularly when so many people seem to want to get rid of them.

And, by the way, good luck in the play offs, reckon you''ll get Blackpool in the final [;)] - I may even be tempted to go if thats the fixture.    

[quote user="Smudger"]

What utter tosh...

He may of been one of the best players TODAY amongst 2 poor teams...

That does not mean that he should play next season...  the number of ok games he has had for City you could count on the fingers of a one handed man who has lost a couple of fingers...

You may think that a player that has shown that amount of limited skill in 2 seasons and a bit of commitment may be entitled to keep wearing a yellow & green shirt next season... I and many others certainly do not!!!

[/quote]

Oh dear smudger!!! From this posting its seems that we are never going to agree on anything. Did you go to the game. Did you see how Hughes played? Even in that big grin of yours you must see Hughes as a Good SQUAD player even if you don''t like the bloke?

Anyway a lot of others on here seem to think the same.

Question for smudger: If Hughes leaves and we replace him with another midfileder/right back and he doesn''t show as much passion for the game as Hughes clearly does. Will you be happy that Hughes has gone of still moan about the new player? WHO do you think we can affrod of a better class than Hughes to replace him in this division? NCFC are skint (19Million). Players of class cost money, if not then they are in the reserves or out classed in a lower league.

Oh well smudger, this is what the Forums all about, dif of opinions.

Cheers, Smudger