Sign in to follow this  
Balham Yellow

Ostemboor - question.

OStemboor has stated since the beginning of the season that he will be leaving on a bosman when his contract expires.  When he got injured Crewe decided to blood a couple of youngsters who have done rather well.  Whats the point of them putting Ostemboor back in when they have nothing to play for, they won''t be coming and they won''t be going down, might as well carry on with the kids and get them some match experience.

I think he could be a quality signing.  Possibly even an unpolished gem....

[quote user="Balham Yellow"]

Do not accuse me of being negative but why are we so interested in a player than get into the Crewe team on return from his injury?

[/quote]

I can''t accuse you of being negative as you seem to have forgotten that part of your sentence! [:P]

The only reason Jon''s not being selected by Dario is because he wont sign a new contract and has expressed his desire to leave.

Dario has said that he wouldn''t select him anyway, but whether that is fair or just sour grapes for a player Dario feels owes him one is a question only the Crewe manager can answer...

He has been frozen out of the Crewe team, since announcing his decision to leave on a free in the summer.

Do not accuse me of being negative but why are we so interested in a player than get into the Crewe team on return from his injury?

[/quote]

He has played more often than not this season.  However, he had a very public falling out with Dario Gradi earlier in the season about contracts as I remember it, then made it quite clear he didn''t intend to renew on the terms being offered to him.  He then went on to say he intended to leave the club on a Bosman once his contract was up.  Gradi has since used him spasmodically, choosing instead to look at what cover he has in his squad.  Basically Gradi is planning for the future without Semi (as he is known).  It is a strategic decision, especially since it became obvious that Crewe were going nowhere this season.  Most of my Crewe supporting mates rate him very highly and actually blame the club for how they handled the whole situation.  They almost believe that the club have forced him out.

He would be a very good signing if we can get him, especially on a free.

we aren''t... his agent is trying to generate interest.. be it from us or elsewhere...

I Expect Granty will knock it on the head before long.

jas :)

[/quote]

Whats the problem there?  

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Balham Yellow - You are so neagative and I am going to set Nutty Nigel on you[:)][/quote]

I''m being good today SOB! [:P]

Anyway, it''s not negative posters I have a problem with, not even miserable old sob''s, only people who make up stuff to prove their point. [;)]

[/quote]

Crewe connection before:

Mark Rivers: fail

Dean Ashton: 50% fail

Do Ostemboor be successful?

Talked to my Uncle who is a Crewe season ticket holder and he has mixed feelings about Ostemboor.

From what I gather he seen as more of a wing-back and is better going forward than defending. Which would be tad worrying for me, since it''s our defence that needs the biggest overhaul with players that can defend IMHO.

Again this is only my Uncle''s view and I have not seen the lad play myself, even though I reside in the delightful town of Crewe!

[quote user="dr livingstone"]

lets think for a minute.

who would you rather see playing right back ? ?  ?

hughes or ostemboor ?? 

not really a hard choice is it.

[/quote]

Cave-Browm for sure on my mind! ;-)   

[quote user="dr livingstone"]

lets think for a minute.

hughes or ostemboor ?? 

[/quote]

HUGHES clap HUGHES clap HUGHES clap HUGHES

Actually I think its a bit of a hobsons choice Dr Livingstone... 

Opinion from one of his opponents this year and a team mate previously while on loan would be that hughes is preferable - the guy really is not good.

the player got into the league one side of the season last night, so cant be that bad... but i would love us to sign billy jones (also on a free from crewe)... he''s a very good player

[quote user="XXL16"][quote user="dr livingstone"]

lets think for a minute.

hughes or ostemboor ?? 

[/quote]

Cave-Browm for sure on my mind! ;-)   

[/quote]

theres laws against that!

jas :)

Maybe XXL16 is Cave-Brown desperately trying to get a game.  Have you ever seen them in the same room?

"Do not accuse me of being negative but why are we so interested in a player than get into the Crewe team on return from his injury?"

For a start hes been named in League ones team of the year! cant be too bad!