Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Canary Call Paul

anyone hear him??? what a bloody idiot!

he said that Grant should Leave because we were a disgrace today... When Neil Adams asked him how well we played in the first half he changed his mind and said that Neil wouldnt understand as he wasnt a fan. Neil Mentioned how he had played in Derbys for us before and "paul" spouted even more clap trap aqbout the "fans he was with" being angered and how Grant is an even worse manager than worthy and was going to taske us down bla bla....

he really got my goat!

jas :)

i agree grant will take us down.

martin comes on where does he go  left midfield, huckerby then comes wide also leaves ernie on his own,fotheringham i would like to know what grant see in him.

grant hasnt a clue.

Grant has alot to do to win me over too, He has done nout yet to make me think he is the man to take us forward, but i am willing to be proved wrong.

...and then there was the bloke who was running on about how good earnshaw was and how he should have been man of the match!

He hardly got a kick ,and looked off the pace.

Honestly the comment is unfair to Grant. I would say let''s give him the pre-season in June and July, transfer mark from open until the end, first 3 months of next season also the League Run competition, then we can judge how good or how bad he is. Remember he just take up the job less than a year and I am impressed he at least take a look at young players unlike Nigel.

grant has not done a lot to win me over but we will see next year now.

you get far too many idiots on canary call, neil adams being the biggest one!

does he spend most of his life sitting on a certain fence?

Think that he wasn''t too far wide of the mark...

While the c**p that is currently on fare at Carrow Road is far from Grant''s fault... he has done little if anything at all to turn things around..

Yet more inept tactics that looked like they were taken directly from Worthy''s notebook today...  I am sure that they are singing from the same song sheet that hasn''t been removed from the home dressing room since Worthy left office.

[quote user="ricky knight"]Grant has alot to do to win me over too, He has done nout yet to make me think he is the man to take us forward, but i am willing to be proved wrong.[/quote]

So Ricky you havent seen the football we have been playing? Grant clearly has taken us forward  but still with the squad worthy did nowt with. its a bit tiring now comin on here tryin to justify grant so im giving up and wont try and persuade you negative lot again.No doubt if he achieves summit u will lbe on the bandwagon again!

just out of interest who did u want as manager?

[quote user="ricky knight"]Grant has alot to do to win me over too, He has done nout yet to make me think he is the man to take us forward, but i am willing to be proved wrong.[/quote]

So Ricky you havent seen the football we have been playing? Grant clearly has taken us forward  but still with the squad worthy did nowt with. its a bit tiring now comin on here tryin to justify grant so im giving up and wont try and persuade you negative lot again.No doubt if he achieves summit u will lbe on the bandwagon again!

RK is a big worthy supporter,  who has yet to move on. I suspect whoever succeeded Worthy would have been on the receiving end of this sort of comment.  However Ricky does have a sound view when moved away from the manager issue.

No Grant has not yet set the world aight but he is moving the team in the right direction in the style of play on the pitch and the limited opportunity to change the squad during Jan.   He did get the subs grotesquely wrong today but overall it is improving albeit slowly.

Next season is the big test for Peter;  not expecting promotion so soon but looking for a much larger squad (apart from losing 2/3 that the managr no longer wants I dont want wholesale changes - just good additions) which is bursting with a desire to win promotion (Hux, dion) as well as the ability to deliver week in week out (take note Dickson) matched with some ability (Fozzy - has it I am sure but we havent seen the best of him yet; is the league too quick for him).  

If we can get that in place during the summer it is likely to take 4-6 months for them to gel properly and reject those signings which just havent worked ready for a push post christmas;  a long time off ut instant succcess is very rare.

[quote user="Smudger"]

While the c**p that is currently on fare at Carrow Road is far from Grant''s fault... he has done little if anything at all to turn things around..

Yet more inept tactics that looked like they were taken directly from Worthy''s notebook today...  I am sure that they are singing from the same song sheet that hasn''t been removed from the home dressing room since Worthy left office.

[/quote]

He was very very far wide of the mark.

Last season at home was a disgrace, this season at their place was a disgrace.

Sunday was an even game between two sides that had a half each. We had to make changes, didn''t have much to pick from and couldn''t really affect the game with them.

The subs are arguable, I would probably of bought eagle on instead of Martin, we didn''t have much option down the right though.

It''s a shame we didn''t have a couple more players fit, and that we couldn''t match the first half. As another caller said on canary call though, its rare for teams to boss entire games, especially at this level.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

[/quote]

So hand on heart all you in Grant''s favour see him as the man to take us to the prem, thats your choice he wont imo, but at least i said i would be happy to be proved wrong, where most of you can never be wrong in your minds.

As for me being a Worthy supporter, i ask for his head after the fulham game when he should have gone, again, imo. In saying that i am not too blind to see we had some great times under his regime also and i thank him for that and wish him well in the future.

As for Grant it was wait till january see who he brings in, Well who he brought in are not good enough for NCFC imo and some of his suggested summer targets do not inspire me. His tactical skills are not proven, his motivation skills also not proven. If his sequence of results since taking over were next year he would been clinging on to his job.

As for who i would like as manager, someone who achieved in the game at  high level, someone with contacts, someone with respect within the game, someone people would want to play for, someone who is not a yes man would fit the criteria.

"As for who i would like as manager, someone who achieved in the game at  high level, someone with contacts, someone with respect within the game, someone people would want to play for, someone who is not a yes man would fit the criteria."

Peter Grant played and acheived at the highest level with Celtic. he has contacts in Gordon Strachan, Alan Pardew and others. He has respect in the game from his time as assistant at Wet sham. And the players seem to want to play for him.

so youy saying in a round-a-bout away that ud like Grant as manager Ricky?

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Your non attendance at games becomes even more obvious after comments like that Smudger.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

"As for who i would like as manager, someone who achieved in the game at  high level, someone with contacts, someone with respect within the game, someone people would want to play for, someone who is not a yes man would fit the criteria."

Peter Grant played and acheived at the highest level with Celtic. he has contacts in Gordon Strachan, Alan Pardew and others. He has respect in the game from his time as assistant at Wet sham. And the players seem to want to play for him.

[/quote]

Celtic are close to my heart but i do not share the view they are the highest level, Blimey if you call Strachan and Pardew contacts then god help us thats all i can say, i have better contacts than that. I can only take your word on his great respect earned as West Ham coach but seems to me he got this job before the elbow with Pardew. I was not talking about players here playing for him, i was on about GOOD signings wishing to play for him, seen no sign of that yet. In finishing i note you do not address the criticism i have made of Grant.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Celtic are close to my heart but i do not share the view they are the highest level, Blimey if you call Strachan and Pardew contacts then god help us thats all I can say, i have better contacts than that. I can only take your word on his great respect earned as West Ham coach but seems to me he got this job before the elbow with Pardew. I was not talking about players here playing for him, i was on about GOOD signings wishing to play for him, seen no sign of that yet. In finishing i note you do not address the criticism i have made of Grant.

[/quote]

He has done very little to impress me either at the current time.  Often good things are ruined by his inept tactics.  As for his signings, well Lappin looks a decent squad player.  The rest the jury is well and truly out on.  Fotheringham for example looks a player whom thinks he is a lot better than he actually is.  Brown and Chadwick have been unlucky with injury (Chadwick did however arrive with a reputation of poor fitness, Brown as a player whom has always struggled for goals)  but both could yet prove to be decent buys.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Celtic were hardly a great team while Grant was there...

Between 1982 and 1997 Celtic won only 2 league titles and the Scottish Cup 4 times....

Rangers dominated in the 90''s and Aberdeen & Dundee Utd were both as successful as Celtic during the 80''s.

Grant played for pretty poor Celtic sides and the Norwich side which he played for is so c**p that it rivals our current side as the worst NCFC side in most peoples eyes under the age of 45.