Sign in to follow this  
Big A

Biggest 'High' of the Season.

A comment that I posted on here on Shrove Tuesday (Pancake Day).

And the moderators allowing it on. Thanks. [;)]

My Dad''s face in February when I gave him his present for his 77th birthday - a home shirt with his name and the number 77.   Delighted doesn''t get close!!!!!!

For the rest there is master card.

Scoff all you like (you know who you are) but for some of us there is a real pleasure and pride i n supporting City even in mediocre times.  My Dad reminded me of that truth and why I keep going however desparing it can be.

Barnslery 5-1, maybe we were going to challenge.  As it happens on looking back we were playing at home to a a poor side with 10 men. 

Nothing then...  maybe Worthy finally getting sacked, but that was more relief after our players didnt try against Burnley... Even then there was a realisation that it was too late especially after finding out his successor had no managerial experience. This season was a total right off.

I think the real High has yet to come...  When Peter Thorne stops taking money from our club...  hopefully he will have an accident on his was back to Oldham.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

My Dad''s face in February when I gave him his present for his 77th birthday - a home shirt with his name and the number 77.   Delighted doesn''t get close!!!!!!

Scoff all you like (you know who you are) but for some of us there is a real pleasure and pride i n supporting City even in mediocre times.  My Dad reminded me of that truth and why I keep going however desparing it can be.

[/quote]

I quite agree, and those tougher times help put the better ones into context.

It''s all relative, especially as a Norwich fan... [;)]

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[/quote]

Great post Cambridge!!!!

Sometimes we forget the good things and the pleasure of supporting our great club during mediocre times. I guess one of the highlights for me is the comradeship and togetherness of fans of all age groups during away days. Even Plymouth away couldn''t spoil that!

And my 3yo grandson attended his first home and away matches this season!!!!

Odd maybe to chose a match we lost 4-0, but I was very proud of us at Chelsea- when Dicko hit the stanchion I realised that we had turned up to play and Chelsea weren''t going to have it their own way. Hughes charging around madly, Saf controlling midfield. A deflected first goal failed to dampen our spirits, had Croft''s late chance gone in at 2-0 you just never know what might have happened. Then to hear Mourinho say we were the better team in the first half, a great day out.

Other than that the winner against Blackpool- as much relief as joy.

Mine is surely the 1-0 win at St. Andrews, that means Granty first game in charge. Can''t you believe it it''s the second time I travel to Birmingham to see us play in two years time, and so pleased Jason Shackell, my second favourite player to score the winner (of course later we found it''s OG by Sadler) for us! Brilliant! I just HATE BIRMINGHAM CITY!!!!

Both Luton games were fantastic but for sheer drama and importance Simon Lappin''s last minute free kick in Luton was my highlight. We all went Crazy!!

Here''s hoping for many, many more highlights next season!

On The Ball City

S

[quote user="djcat"]

A comment that I posted on here on Shrove Tuesday (Pancake Day).

And the moderators allowing it on. Thanks. [;)]

[/quote]

Iremember that one!!! [;)]

[quote user="The Canary"]ill go with the lappin free kick. there was that slight delay between it going in and us going mental.....ahhh that goal probably saved us from going down....[/quote]

Nice to see another one of you admitting to that if the result at Luton was different that night... then City would of more than likely found themselves staring Div 1 in the face.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="The Canary"]ill go with the lappin free kick. there was that slight delay between it going in and us going mental.....ahhh that goal probably saved us from going down....[/quote]

Nice to see another one of you admitting to that if the result at Luton was different that night... then City would of more than likely found themselves staring Div 1 in the face.

[/quote]

Only in that strange league in your even stranger world where late goals were always disallowed if we scored them where as the ones we conceded always counted...

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]

Other than that the winner against Blackpool- as much relief as joy.

[/quote]

Actually I think that game was my favorite!  I had brought along 3 friends (Two who''s first norwich games it was, including a canadian guy who had never been to a british footy match)  and the game was by far the most entertaining all season!!  All had a great time! [:D]