Sign in to follow this  
Big A

Biggest 'High' of the Season.

OK, so as the season nears its end its time to look back on 2006-07 and let us all know your personal ''High''We all know its been a pretty disappionting season but there have been shades of what we are capable of and with an important came coming up tomorrow i think it is about time we fill this place with POSITIVE THOUGHTS!My personal highlight is the 5-1 Victory of Barnsley at the start of the season.  I really thought it was a sign that we could take on teams and outplay them from 1-90th minute.  Croft and Hucks down the wings looked formidable and the defence (with Colin) looked solid.A great goal from Robinson as well.

So what is yours...........

My personal high was Worthy leaving! That beats any result we have had or any result we could still get!

Probably the 1-0 home win over Birmingham. Best performance of the season by far. Complete, every player gave 100%, even Docherty was outstanding in defence, with some miraculous late blocks to deny equalisers. Real adrenaline stuff.

First half against Cardiff at Carrow Road. They were top of the league, and it was Grant''s first home game as City boss. We played some great pass and move football, and all the lads worked their socks off.Sadly the lads peaked too soon, and it was pipe and slippers time for the players for the rest of the season. Plus ca change...

lappins winner against luton. was so unexpected and in the last minute as well.

Lappin''s last-minute winner against Luton, inspiration when we badly needed it!

Also Chrissy Martin''s goal against Blackpool.

Personally, I believe that Lappin''s last minute winner at Luton might have been the most important goal scored by a City player for a few seasons. We shall never be certain of course but it seemed to give the team impetus for a few games when things were beginning to look a bit bleak.

1. Jumping up and down in shear joy when Lappin curled that Crookesque free-kick into the very top corner in the very last minute of time at Luton''s dump.

For me - and any one else who was there I am sure that you will agree - that was one of those unforgettable football moments. I have never heard a NCFC crowd roar with such delirium!

2. Also I was so proud of the boys and the sensational support at Stamford Bridge in the FA Cup match. The look on the Chelsea players faces and thousands of their fans when our stand was singing On The Ball City as one was priceless - we showed them all what true football supporters should be.

I love this club. 

Seeing the results of the transfer window and knowing that I''d been right all along....

ill go with the lappin free kick. there was that slight delay between it going in and us going mental.....ahhh that goal probably saved us from going down....

Except you weren''t right all along were you Cluck, because you said we would be relegated. Lets not forget (in your moment of hubris) that you were actually very, very wrong, lol!

Sadly its probably the Lappin free kick, which is a shame to say.

Must admit I can''t even remember the start of the season anymore, its been that long and painful!

Did enjoy those first 45 against Cardiff though, and also the third goal against Luton, that was enjoyable in the moment but shouldn''t really be ranking as a season high!

[quote user="Cluck "]Seeing the results of the transfer window and knowing that I''d been right all along....[/quote]

I know this season has been a disapointment but surely you must have some positive memories from the games we''ve played? Surely you can''t take that much satisfaction from a negative outcome

i personally don''t understand this though as i was pleased with our business in the transfer window 4 permanant signings and a loan not bad really.

i think beating barnsley 5-1 was my highlight not just for the performance but also the fact that after that game there was still a belief we could do it this year, then everything went terribly wrong of course.

Living where we do wins at Birmingham and West Brom are rare jewels to enjoy - and almost getting the treble at Molineux too!

That said the Lappin goal was undoubtedly the high as it was just so valuable and after the previous Sturdays no show so unexpectedly vital too.

macdougall''s perm....Except you weren''t right all along were you Cluck, because you said we would be relegated. Lets not forget (in your moment of hubris) that you were actually very, very wrong, lol!

I think the question related to the personal "high" of the season?....so getting the pathetic transfer prediction correct wasn''t far off the mark. Next up it''s waiting to see Shrek''s "own team" playing rather than Worthington''s misfits out there. As far as relegation is concerned...it''s purely a delay of the inevitable under this regime and we''ll suffer big time next year with Huckerby knackered and Dublin in an old folks home by then. With no money for replacements...it''ll be Brown and Fotheringham all the way irrespective of results.

Enjoy!

[quote user="Cluck "]Seeing the results of the transfer window and knowing that I''d been right all along....[/quote]

''chirpy'' lil thing arent you cluckk? =-P

Sadly, my personal high was watching Norwich make play-off candidates Preston look very ordinary very early in the season.  We looked like a disciplined, communicative and effective outfit then.  Then the wheels fell off, half of the squad played like turkeys voting for Xmas for a few months and we got a new manager as a result.  Grant knows what he is doing though, and has addressed a lot of the concerns that fans had under Worthington, as I''m sure away fans will testify.  It''s good to know that if / when we can get the home form back, we''ll be there or thereabouts next season.  I just hope we can hold onto Earnshaw.

[quote user="Cluck "]

macdougall''s perm....Except you weren''t right all along were you Cluck, because you said we would be relegated. Lets not forget (in your moment of hubris) that you were actually very, very wrong, lol!

I think the question related to the personal "high" of the season?....so getting the pathetic transfer prediction correct wasn''t far off the mark. Next up it''s waiting to see Shrek''s "own team" playing rather than Worthington''s misfits out there. As far as relegation is concerned...it''s purely a delay of the inevitable under this regime and we''ll suffer big time next year with Huckerby knackered and Dublin in an old folks home by then. With no money for replacements...it''ll be Brown and Fotheringham all the way irrespective of results.

Enjoy!

[/quote]

We signed 5 players in the transfer window three of them marshall, brown & chadwick have been injured for most of the time they''ve been here so how you can pass jugement on them is beyond me.

Lappin has been a success especially considering the bargain price we signed him for & admitedly foteringham has looked a bit dodgy but he was free and only given a 6 month contract anyway.

I think it''s too early to say whether or not these signings were poor ones you should never judge a player until he''s had a decent run in the team, just look at what evrybody said about dublin when we signed him.

I do feel sometimes that you will try and put a negative spin on absolutly everything, which is quite uneccesary as we get enough misery and disapointment supporting city already why not at least embrace the few positive things about this season? that was the point of this thread after all.

Beating sunderland 1-0 at Carrow road after being Crap all game and deserving a stuffing from them.. up yours Keano!

jas :)

[quote user="hogesar"]

''chirpy'' lil thing arent you cluckk? =-P

[/quote]

hoggy sweetie...it does work both ways you know. If some of the eternal optimists on here would ocassionally see the writing on the wall and actually question events rather than avoid looking at them...maybe a few of us critics wouldn''t get so verbal!  The club belongs to all of us at the end of the day....so critical views are just as valid as optimistic ones.  It''s purely a question of personal standpoint.

[quote user="The Canary"]ill go with the lappin free kick. there was that slight delay between it going in and us going mental.....ahhh that goal probably saved us from going down....[/quote]

would everyone please stop reminding me of my experience at luton (due to a chain of unfortunate circumstances I left at 2-1 down etc etc).

My high would have to be eventually seeing an way win at hull at the 8th time of asking!

So lets sum things up, judging by the replies to this post it''s pretty obvious there weren''t any highs to the season, another abject failure!