Sign in to follow this  
sdldjl05

TONY WARNER

Why does he get so much stick yeah ok his kicking could do with a big improvement but i think he is a very good keeper very strong and confident with crossers and a great shot stopper id be happy if we signed him

im still not sure about him, clearly hes an alrite keeper and obviously better than gally but compared to som of the other wev had this year i think we cud do better.

obviously marshall is first choice, and wots going on with lee camp? is that still a possiblity?

he''s a good keeper, i just think that when we have seen a keeper as good as david marshall play for us this season it''s always going to be hard for warner to maintain those standards, he is however an improvement on gallacher.

i would like to see grant sign marshall and who knows maybe get warner as a back up and ship gallacher out of the club

[quote user="Cobain18"]

he''s a good keeper, i just think that when we have seen a keeper as good as david marshall play for us this season it''s always going to be hard for warner to maintain those standards, he is however an improvement on gallacher.

i would like to see grant sign marshall and who knows maybe get warner as a back up and ship gallacher out of the club

[/quote]

No keeper wants to sign as backup, and that is the reason we have him anyway, because he is currently back up (or possibly 3rd or 4th choice) at Fulham. If we''re gonna sign him as backup then he''d probably rather stay on at Fulham on a much higher wage.

Don''t think we have a hope of getting Marshall back full time. I wouldn''t mind seeing Warner come in to be honest, but where does Joe Lewis come into the equation here?

you''re probably right that marshall won''t sign and we''ll get warner - i do think he''s a good keeper just not as good as marshall. i think lewis will just have to bide his time for a short while, after all warner is quite old so he may not have that long to wait

Warners a good keeper, he controls his penalty area, is quick off his line and comes for crosses.. he uses his voice a lot and thats the most important trait for a keeper...

he knows when to throw and when to kick.. we have pace so its good we build from the back with a quick throw from him to catch teams out.. sign him up i say.

jas :)

Slightly off topic but on Sunday ,during a break in the game and whilst taking a swig of drink, he turned and fixed a withering gaze on someone among Barclay faithful,(damned glad it wasn''t me !).

If looks could have killed then somebody would have been stretchered out PDQ. Was anyone here a precipitant of said icy look ?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Warners a good keeper, he controls his penalty area, is quick off his line and comes for crosses.. he uses his voice a lot and thats the most important trait for a keeper...

he knows when to throw and when to kick.. we have pace so its good we build from the back with a quick throw from him to catch teams out.. sign him up i say.

jas :)

[/quote]

Yes, I fully agree JAS.

He''s a big lad and commands the area well. I think the defence has a lot of confidence in him.

If we can get him, I for one will be very pleased.

Yeah, I think Tony Warner has done alright. I think he looks like his heart is in it and in general he''s a good keeper for this level. There''s been a couple of times when I thought his reflexes weren''t great but then again....we''re not likely to get Casillas in goal for us.

I''d like to see Lee Camp again as I don''t think he had a good chance to prove himself and when he did play he looked very promising. But just haven''t seen enough to really judge it.

Thought David Marshall was pretty ordinary. Although lots of people seem to think he''s something special. But I have to wonder...if he''s that great why, when good keepers are hard to find, he''s only coming on loan to Norwich. Moreover...I also wonder why Martin O''Neil hasn''t been back in for him - because he''d surely know if he was up to it. In my opinion he looked quite average and didn''t look too interested.

I''d rather spend £500,000 on bringing in David Marshall than sign Warner on a free.

But should we fail to bring in Marshall, I''d be happy to see Warner join us on a permanent deal as Jas pointed out.