Sign in to follow this  
Savenell

The River End

i was sittin in the river end yesterday and i was suprised to hear all of the songs sung there. there wasnt many i admit but there was still alot more singing than wat i thought there might be. and the atmosphere was good aswell in there. any one else notice this or not?

it was my first time sitting in the river end yesterday  (sat there with wife and the boy} it normally seems quiet however agree that the atmostphere was very good and people were in the "derby mood"

I hate the river end! u can tell it was built in the 70s!

I hate the city stand too.. say "dang and blast it" in there and they give u funny looks!

jas :)

[quote user="kneeelo 74"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

I hate the city stand too.. say "dang and blast it" in there and they give u funny looks!

[/quote]

Only just 70''s isnt it?, was finished december 79

[/quote]

before my time... Ask Kevin Reeves.. he was sold to build it.

i, im annoyed to say am stuck in the upper river as i cant get a decent seat in the lower Barclay, gold dust my boys. the noise of which you speak as only been around since that odd up in the air corner dealy was finished and it seems to be full of school/club groups judgin by the high pitch of the majority of the noise, that or Smudger has been sneaking in [;)].

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="kneeelo 74"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good deal then!

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="kneeelo 74"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good deal then!

OTBC

[/quote]

lol! i have the centenary DVD and the local rag interview people about thwe sale of Reeves... then it cuts to an interview, Reeves looks like he hanst slept in a week, Arther South has a greedy "we''ve made a mint" look in his eye and John Bond loosk like he is about to swing a right hook at Souths rather large face!

its quite comical actually.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="kneeelo 74"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good deal then!

OTBC

[/quote]

lol! i have the centenary DVD and the local rag interview people about thwe sale of Reeves... then it cuts to an interview, Reeves looks like he hanst slept in a week, Arther South has a greedy "we''ve made a mint" look in his eye and John Bond loosk like he is about to swing a right hook at Souths rather large face!

its quite comical actually.

[/quote]

I think we could well do with a good dose of Bondy these days!!

Panache and passion.

OTBC

I was a season ticket holder there from 1999-2002. [N]

I managed to sing up the River End in my final game there, when we beat Wolves 3-1 in the play-offs with the follow the boys in yellow song.

Altogether now...