Sign in to follow this  
Freeza

Derby losing it's passion?

Hey guys, i''ve posted the new edition of Freeze Frame and i''m afraid it''s a bit of a rant but I hope it will provoke some opinions!!

Click here to read it http://new.pinkun.com/content/columns/freezeframe.aspx 

Thanks to everybody for taking the time to read Freeze Frame, my ''number of read''s'' column has shot up recently and i''m really chuffed, so i''ll try to keep coming up with the goods!

Cheers

Its funny how Ipswich have failed due to there Board gambling too much on the basis of one good Premiership season (Wet Sham anyone) and Norwich have failed due to our board taking less than zero risks and being a bunch of country bumpkins...  From next season we are both going to spend around a similar amount, with Ipswich having the basis of a marginally better squad.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Its funny how Ipswich have failed due to there Board gambling too much on the basis of one good Premiership season (Wet Sham anyone) and Norwich have failed due to our board taking less than zero risks and being a bunch of country bumpkins...  From next season we are both going to spend around a similar amount, with Ipswich having the basis of a marginally better squad.

[/quote]

Sorry CJF but I can''t accept Norwich fans using piswich as a stick to beat our club with.

We have Huckerby, Earnshaw and Etuhu as a basis to our squad. They do not have that quality!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

Sorry CJF but I can''t accept Norwich fans using piswich as a stick to beat our club with.

We have Huckerby, Earnshaw and Etuhu as a basis to our squad. They do not have that quality!

[/quote]

At the moment their squad is 1 point better off than us.  Therfore it is maginally better - well not really.  Whatever quality we do have in those 3 players is obviously being outweighed by poorer general players, squad size, management decisions, many injury prone players, the fact they can''t play together and perhaps luck, having said that I have seen our woodwork rattled a fair few times at carrow road recently, so we are obviously getting our fair share of luck.  As for Etuhu, as I keep saying he has only had half a decent season, and went missing on the pitch for much of the season.  If he plays next season like this season we are going nowhere.  The fact he may be the best of Safri (because he is too injury prone), Hughes (Whom was a disaster), the awful Bobinson and the substandard Fotheringham doesn''t say much really.

Anyway I am only stating the fact Ipswich have been in financial trouble for years now unyet still perform as well as us. and still manage to pick up points and players.  In fact until quite recently they reguarly made the play-offs after relegation, something we havent even challenged for since our own shambolic relegation.

Burnley have 5 of the top 100 players btw, as much as that means... 

I don''t think the East Anglian derby is losing its passion.

But I do think there will be an electric atmosphere if the kick-off time is switched to 3pm Saturday, which lets face it will never happen!

I have to say that a mid-week evening kick-off always adds a bit of spice for me, that''s why atmosphere''s for European games are always good, Anfield is going to be unbelievable next week!