Sign in to follow this  
Hotdog

Best Left Back

I have a friend who is a Man U supporter and he thinks Patrice Evra is the best left back in the world.

I don''t think he is but i couldn''t think of anyone who really stands out

Who do you think is the best in the world at the moment

was having the same debate with my friend as well.evra isnt even france no1, abidal (spelt wrong) at lyon is, and is tipped for a big move to barca, so i reckon him.other candidate is cashley, but personally dont think he is.

There''s not and isn''t usually too many outstanding left-backs around.

Evra, since he''s found his feet at Utd, does seem to be a fantastic player.

Gael Clichy?

Andy Hughes?

Cameronasi?

Roberto Carlos?

Lucas Neill?

Arbeloa?

Only one of those is a serious suggestion btw. 

when he plays on a regular basis (which obviously is not true of this season) i would say ashley cole, closely followed by zambrotta.

i have a question for everyone - do u not think that heinze is better than evra, i think although he does no offer as much in attack he is more agressive and a better defender!

i saw wayne bridge play against norwich at stamford bridge when norwich were in premier league - he was their weak link, the only way i could see us scorin was by beating him and gettin a cross in. bridge isnt as pacy as cole, doesnt offer as much in attack and cant tackle as well as cole!

[quote user="gissing canary"]was having the same debate with my friend as well.
evra isnt even france no1, abidal (spelt wrong) at lyon is, and is tipped for a big move to barca, so i reckon him.
other candidate is cashley, but personally dont think he is.
[/quote]

Hmmm. Yeah, Abidal is definitely quite a good player. Wouldn''t be at all surprised if Arsenal and Lyon had had some chats about him either.

Evra is neater on the ball though.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]Jim Brennan[/quote]

hehehe I like it ALEX...

Is your sarcasm coming from the same place as my thoughts on this one???

ie: Jim Brennan is the best left back that City have had since Mark Bowen and we let him go for Sweet FA without hardly ever playing him there???

[quote user="spud nud"]i think since heinze has found his feet at man utd he has been great for them[/quote]

.....and the positioning and tackling skills of Man Utd''s Evre on (team mate) Heinze in the Champs League match vs Milan the other night was simply awesome. Straight from the FIFA manual "idiots guide to defending".