Sign in to follow this  
yellow hammer

Scum word is so offensive

[quote user="alex_ncfc"][quote user="barclayendboy"][quote user="Cluck "]

It depends on how you define "scum". It could also relate to the "la de da" modern "kickyball" enthusiasts who have hijacked this club and turned it into the laughing stock it is now. They too are scheming against the success of NCFC....so in a way are they equally entitled to the label perhaps?

We all have our idea of scum...it just depends on how we perceive certain factions of society.

[/quote]

Trust you to hijack another thread with your petty war on Norwich city fans give it a rest.
[/quote]

Erm thing is, he does have a point.

[/quote]

He certainly does!!!  [Y]

So Cluck, re your logic whereby Ipswich are better than us because we dropped four points against them - I assume, therefore, that it follows that we are better than Birmingham because they dropped SIX points against us?? 

[quote user="macdougallsperm"]So Cluck, re your logic whereby Ipswich are better than us because we dropped four points against them - I assume, therefore, that it follows that we are better than Birmingham because they dropped SIX points against us?? [/quote]Woah...we must be mp! =-)

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]So Cluck, re your logic whereby Ipswich are better than us because we dropped four points against them - I assume, therefore, that it follows that we are better than Birmingham because they dropped SIX points against us?? [/quote]

Wasn''t Cluck''s logic more based on the fact that after 44 games played of a 46 game league season Ipswich have 1 point more than us and have a much better goal difference (so effectively making it 2 points) MP????  [*-)]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]So Cluck, re your logic whereby Ipswich are better than us because we dropped four points against them - I assume, therefore, that it follows that we are better than Birmingham because they dropped SIX points against us?? [/quote]

Wasn''t Cluck''s logic more based on the fact that after 44 games played of a 46 game league season Ipswich have 1 point more than us and have a much better goal difference (so effectively making it 2 points) MP????  [*-)]

[/quote]

My logic is that we are far better than Luton as we took 6 points off them and are 20 points above them with a far superior goal difference, effectively making it 21. Yours seems to be that only Lappins last minute free kick seperates the two sides! [8-)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

My logic is that we are far better than Luton as we took 6 points off them and are 20 points above them with a far superior goal difference, effectively making it 21. Yours seems to be that only Lappins last minute free kick seperates the two sides! [8-)]

[/quote]

Think that is stretching what I said a little don''t you Nutty???

Maybe I have stated that I see that late goal at Luton as being the single factor of giving us the confidence boost that sees us where we currently find ourselves in league and maybe scrapping it out with Leeds and a couple of other clubs for avoiding that last relegation spot.

Since that night the effect on Luton has also been obvious too!!!

Scum word , well offensive  ? maybe , but what about the day that will go down in history , the day of the sand pails do" they "want to talk about that ? no i didn''t think "they" would . a day that will live in our memories  for ever .

I consider myself to be a fairly modern man, I''m in no way racist, sexist or any other ist except Ipshitist. Can''t help it, guess I was brainwashed at an early age by a whole Green and Yellow family (well, except for that glory hunting Liverpool bro). I see the logic and reasoning of the original poster, proliferation of violence and intolerance et al. I also have many friends who support ''them'', but well, I just can''t help it, and ultimately I guess I don''t want to, they''re the scum. and always will be.

As has been mentioned, it''s definitely down to the collective tribal instinct, not hating the individual with me, and boy does it make the derby an exhilarating / agonising and highly stressful experience.

Having written the original post, I am amazed by the level of not just hostility but hatred, and in one case, a poster who wants to start some fisticuffs with our neighbours.

I surely am missing something here So I get to thinking what can possibly be the motivation for such hatred. Well:

1. Posters have been on the receiving end of some Ipswitch bashing. Either you''ve been walking up Prince of Wales road and have been set upon by a bunch of town hooligans; or perhaps the results on the pitch have been the equivalent of a physical beating up. I don''t buy it though; although the past couple of seasons have been pretty dire, we have had some very good results against the Suffolk outfit - top of the league at Portman Road for example.

2. Jealousy that Ipswich have produced two successful England Managers and have won the First Division title, whereas we are unlikely ever to do so. If you are a Cluck-guy and enjoy living in the past then the motivation is there; but Norwich have been by far the more successful of the two sides the the past twenty-five years, so there is no reason to be jealous.

3. Not a true City supporter. Perhaps you harbour some doubts over the depth of your passion for the Club, or maybe you are a Johnny-come-lately to the team in our Premiership year. Perhaps you are not a local at all but have moved to the City from another part of the country. And you promote a hatred of Ipswich in order to counterweight the insincerity of support for Norwich. In other words, "I must love City coz I hate Town so much"

4. Low self-esteem. Come on admit it, you are not looking forward to the close season because NCFC is all that you have in your life. You don''t get out much except to the pub and the shops. You have to channel your negativity somewhere and hating Ipswich is a convenient hook.

Sad really.

I would not discount No 1 so easily Mr Hammer, I remember when the derby was, well, bordering on gang warfare.  Massive arranged fights, unprovoked attacks in the streets / pubs, as has been mentioned riotous is almost an understatement. Nowadays it''s so tame by comparison it''s unbelievable. In  my rebellious youth I was involved in numerous scuffles with them, never looking for trouble but felt compelled to wade in when seeing my brothers in arms being setup upon. When you and a few mates receive a right royal kicking just for having the courage not to hide your colours (well, maybe a few taunts as well!) when a mob of the scum walked pasted after beating them it kind of encourages you to return that hate in spades.

[quote user="ray ducker"]Scum word , well offensive  ? maybe , but what about the day that will go down in history , the day of the sand pails do" they "want to talk about that ? no i didn''t think "they" would . a day that will live in our memories  for ever .[/quote]

I wasn''t present on "The Day Of  The Sand Pails" but I have heard the story quite a few times from those that were.

Cheating scum that day for sure. Offensive or not!