Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

Women Commentators? Monkey Tennis!!!!

Cluck, if women are so feeble and need the protection of us real men, then why do you feel so threatened by them? Even to the point of having delusional paranoid fantasies about a race of Amazonian super women that are somehow going to subjugate the male population in the next century or so, lol! [:D] And yes this does explain your attitude towards Delia.   

"Do you honestly, hand on heart, believe that it was a notion of political correctness which allowed the Nazis to commit their atrocities? If so, I am concerned."

Let''s put history aside awhile and talk about present day: do you, hand on heart, seriously believe that everything is hunky dory within todays society? Political Correctness is to restate the crucial importance of plain speaking, freedom of choice and freedom of speech; these are the community''s safe-guards against the imposition of tyranny, indeed their absence is tyranny, which is why any such restrictions on expression such as those invoked by the laws of libel, slander and public decency, are grave matters to be decided by common law methodology; not by the dictates of the leftist mob.

The declared rational of this tyranny is to prevent people being offended; to compel everyone to avoid using words or behaviour that may upset homosexuals, women, non-whites, the crippled, the stupid, the fat or the ugly. This reveals not only its absurdity but its inspiration. The set of values that are detested are those held by the previous generation (those who fought the Second World War), which is why the terms n*** ers, c**ns, d*gos, w**s, p**fs, sp****cs and sheilas, have become heresy, for, in an act of infantile rebellion, their subject have become revered by the new generation. Political Correctness is merely the resentment of spoilt children directed against their parent''s values.

I said I wouldn''t comment on this ''debate'' again and I am not but I do wish to assure Cluck and Smudger that most of us all know that you are vain wind-up merchants who crave stringing people along and nothing more. You enjoy spouting off ridiculously prejudiced and extreme views on every topic just to ''make a name'' for yourselves and become ''celebrities'' of the site. Tragic.

I don''t actually believe that you two genuinely think the things that you post! You just love stirring up reaction and stroking your egos with how many times other posters quote you or mention your names. The problem with this is that you lose any weight or credibility when you post and I just glaze over your attention-seeking contributions ... it''s a shame really.  

[quote user="jetstream"]"I hate it when people quote evolution as fact...when it''s only someone''s theory"

Eh? So you''re saying that evolution isn''t true?

So how did monkeys get to play tennis?[/quote]Errr, yes....that''s right.....Creation.

[quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"]

I said I wouldn''t comment on this ''debate'' again and I am not but I do wish to assure Cluck and Smudger that most of us all know that you are vain wind-up merchants who crave stringing people along and nothing more. You enjoy spouting off ridiculously prejudiced and extreme views on every topic just to ''make a name'' for yourselves and become ''celebrities'' of the site. Tragic.

I don''t actually believe that you two genuinely think the things that you post! You just love stirring up reaction and stroking your egos with how many times other posters quote you or mention your names. The problem with this is that you lose any weight or credibility when you post and I just glaze over your attention-seeking contributions ... it''s a shame really.  

[/quote]

There is a big difference between my "wind up" posts...and the ones which I feel infringe my "rights" (yes I claim them too) as a male of the species to state.  So in answer to your enquiry...yes I do believe in what I have said on this thread and feel that folk like yourself and your fellow PC banner wavers are simple victims of the modern education system...or in other words, thoroughly brainwashed. Remember how the Nazi''s children were taught that the Russians and Jews were sub-human? Proof if it were needed as to how a monstrous "myth" can become mainstream thinking if caught young enough.

As for credibility...I don''t give a monkeys toss whether you or your pc patsies are in agreement or offended by my opinions...because that''s what freedom of thought and speech is all about. You may try to drown it...you may try to ridicule it....but a quick look at the world you are creating today compared to the world I have already experienced,  proves firmly that my generation had a fundamentally more stable and pleasant society to live in than the faffy and restrictive Big Brother environment of 2007.

If anything I feel sorry for all of those who feel the world is a better place today because of their pious political correctness...because you really don''t have a clue how good life could be given true freedom and self expression. It will all come back to haunt you one day I''m sure....but hopefully I won''t be around by that time to witness it....In the meantime I''ll just carry on living life as it suits me....and you can carry on messing society up for your children to inherit.....for which I am sure they will come to "thank" you one day.............

[quote user="cludger"]yes I do believe in what I have said on this thread and feel that folk

like yourself and your fellow PC banner wavers are simple victims of

the modern education system...or in other words, thoroughly

brainwashed. Remember how the Nazi''s children were taught that the

Russians and Jews were sub-human? Proof if it were needed as to how a

monstrous "myth" can become mainstream thinking if caught young enough.[/quote]Whereas the modern education system teaches that nobody is sub-human.  White middle-class people feel that they are being treated as sub-human, when in fact they are treated just the same as everyone else.  I can understand why this adjustment might ruffle a few feathers, so to speak, even if I can''t understand your unwillingness to take part in a meritocratic world.[quote user="Shmuck"]I don''t give a monkeys toss whether you or your pc patsies are in agreement or offended by my opinions.[/quote]I shouldn''t worry cluck, speaking for myself, I spend too much time laughing at your opinions to be offended by them.

where are u then Fudger???? we are all waiting to see if u have the balls to accept the challenge set by Baldyboy?  failure to do so is accepting defeat to a female....

jas :)

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="cludger"]yes I do believe in what I have said on this thread and feel that folk like yourself and your fellow PC banner wavers are simple victims of the modern education system...or in other words, thoroughly brainwashed. Remember how the Nazi''s children were taught that the Russians and Jews were sub-human? Proof if it were needed as to how a monstrous "myth" can become mainstream thinking if caught young enough.[/quote]

Whereas the modern education system teaches that nobody is sub-human.  White middle-class people feel that they are being treated as sub-human, when in fact they are treated just the same as everyone else.  I can understand why this adjustment might ruffle a few feathers, so to speak, even if I can''t understand your unwillingness to take part in a meritocratic world.

[quote user="Shmuck"]I don''t give a monkeys toss whether you or your pc patsies are in agreement or offended by my opinions.[/quote]

I shouldn''t worry cluck, speaking for myself, I spend too much time laughing at your opinions to be offended by them.
[/quote]

Far too busy being pious to ignore it though eh blah?  Classic "dismissive" last word syndrome of the PC brigade who cannot bear have their moral crusade questioned I fear.  Unfortunately for you, some of us don''t follow the crowd and can still think independently of the "spin"....a bugger that isn''t it?

Not this old flannel again!

Evolution is backed up by mountains of evidence in Cosmology, Geology, the fossil record and more recently through DNA and genetics. It is even observable at microscopic levels within our lifetimes, Seen the news about the “new” hospital super-bug today? Any knowledgeable person would consider this evidence amounts to fact.

What annoys me is the unquestioning faith of the religious, who deny evidence because it does not fit in with their dogma. Creationist claptrap.

Kolin and Putney Canary - thanks for expressing what I was thinking. I am obviously a ''PC patsy'' and have no brain of my own.

Canaryboy - creation?! So the world is just 6000 - 10,000 years old??? Sorry, I don''t buy your belief in a ''sky-daddy'' but that''s probably a topic for a whole different thread.

I would refer to Cluck as a dinosaur but according to creationism they cannot have existed.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

where are u then Fudger???? we are all waiting to see if u have the balls to accept the challenge set by Baldyboy?  failure to do so is accepting defeat to a female....

[/quote]

get Delia to seek him out Jas!

Smudger...

where are you???? WHERE ARE YOU????? LET''S BE ''AVIN'' YOU!!!!!!!!

Its not a ''bugger'' at all Cluck, as I have already mentioned, reading your posts provides me with exactly the kind of amusement that I usually only get from watching Alan Partridge or David Brent. Long may it continue!  

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]

Evolution is backed up by mountains of evidence in Cosmology, Geology, the fossil record and more recently through DNA and genetics. It is even observable at microscopic levels within our lifetimes, Seen the news about the “new” hospital super-bug today? Any knowledgeable person would consider this evidence amounts to fact.

What annoys me is the unquestioning faith of the religious, who deny evidence because it does not fit in with their dogma. Creationist claptrap.

[/quote]Quick...duck, here comes another one called Hairy Canary. Scientists have not yet found life on any of the planets of our solar system except the earth...all the available evidence indicates that the other planets are barren. Our planet is the wonder of the universe, and unique. It is at just the right distance from the sun for human life, and it moves at just the right speed to be held in orbit. The atmosphere is made up of just the right proportion of gases to sustain life. Light from the sun, carbon dioxide from the air, and water and minerals from the soil combine to produce food for us. Do you think it all come about as a result of some uncontrolled explosion in space? Let me ask you, have you ever dropped an egg?

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]

The bbc would be breaking the law if they discriminated against her on the basis of gender, this is 2007 not 1957 everybody gets treated equally nowadays and quite right too!

The commentry wasn''t great but lets be fair it was her first match hopefully she will improve and pave the way for more women to get involved with football.

[/quote]

Give me strength....... I''m so glad I didn''t fight a war like my father did to end up with a faffy society based purely on "discriminatory rights" above all logic.

Had you lived in the 1950''s and 60''s you might have knowledge of just how pleasant the world was then...and how equal the sexes actually were within society. Since this time women have become ridiculously aggressive in their quest for superiority....and the male gender of 2007 don''t have the guts to stand up for their own status or claim the validity of their existence.

Equality my backside...it''s all about control and you''re simply walking into the valley with your eyes closed.  I wish you luck...but in 100 years time you''ll end up just as subservient as women were in Victorian times....and the circle of "male rights" will then replace the feminist movement.

Men and women are NOT the same....and "equality" is just a scam perpetrated by feminists on the road to domination. Order your large size Marigolds in preparation....as there may well be a shortage looming.

[/quote]

I don''t for one second think that feminism is about a quest for domination by all women, but answer me this if it was and if they succeded so what?

last time i looked us blokes aren''t exactly doing a great job of running the world are we? all of the worlds problems are created by men, how many wars have been started by women? how many women have commited genocide? how many women commit murder compared to men? why not give them a chance at power, they can''t do much worse than us!

If men had treated women fairly and with respect in the first place then maybe women would not have needed to fight to get to where they are today and maybe they would feel no need to carry on fighting for superiority as you suggest?

[/quote]

mmm let me think...  Maggie Thatcher ring any bells???

Great post about the marigolds Cluck!!!

[quote user="baldyboy"]smudger, i run a ladies team here near kings lynn and they said you arewelcome to come and show your talents and prove no woman can run rings round you, just name the date and they look forward to it, so are you up for it?[/quote]

Yeah name the date if it is an expenses paid free trip...

Then again I assume I have to be part of an equally poor ladies team to prove my point???

Rather defeats the object...  As city have proven for the past few seasons...  Class players like Hucks and Earnie playing with c**p around them just look as bad as the rest of them.

[quote user=jetstream]"I hate it when people quote evolution as fact...when it''s only someone''s theory" Eh? So you''re saying that evolution isn''t true? So how did monkeys get to play tennis?[/quote]

The whole point of the phrase exactly JET...

Monkeys probably got to play tennis the same way that women got to play football... 

Monkeys are probably as good at tennis as ladies are at football too!!!

I remember when I was at school... the school footie team played the girls hockey team at football and hockey...

During the footie match the lads had to play 3-legged and/or in wellies I think...  the game was called off just after half time because the lads were so far ahead...

Then just to rub salt in to the girls wounds we played them at hockey also...  We absolutely brushed them aside in that too (the game that they were supposed to be experts at that most of the lads had never or hardly ever played before).

[quote user="Putney Canary"]

This has got to be the most unbelievable thread I have ever read on this board. Is it really 2007?

Cluck / Smudger, I can''t believe your attitude to women. If you aren''t making yourselves a laughing stock because of your outdated beliefs, I will really dispair at the state of this message board. Women have proven themselves more than capable in so many fields previously thought to be mans'' domain, this is just one more. Its not a question of women trying to be men, or of women trying to control men, its a question of women living their life to the full as they wish to. I certainly don''t feel threatened by this, why do you?

Life might have been better for you in the 50s/60s Cluck, but I know of many many women growing up during those decades who would have loved the chance to follow the career of their choice. They look upon the new generation of women with a touch of jealousy for what they have been able to achieve, but also huge amounts of pride. I''m sure you enjoyed having the little woman controlling her kitchen and balancing the housekeeping , but women these days balance global budgets. My girl has an MBA, a very succesful career in IT sales management to a very senior level, and is now starting her own business and I am VERY  proud of her. Why is her fulfilling her potential in life ''political correctness''?

I''m not knocking women who are home makers, a career isn''t for everyone. I also know couples where the man is a house husband and the woman builds her career and earns the money, and this suits them just fine. What we are talking about here is the right for people to live their life as they chose, fulfilling their ambitions and dreams, without the outmoded restrictions placed on people based on the shape of their genitals.

At least we now fully understand your attitude towards Delia. Its just not a woman''s job, being on the board of a football club, is it? Should she just stick to the cooking?

[/quote]

That isn''t political correctness PUTNEY because that is your lady using her brain to achieve her position in life and she may be more capable than most men in doing this.

However when it comes to somebody achieveing a commentary slot as the voice of a male game just because she has a nice pair of boobs, blonde hair and a nice smile then that is political correctness gone mad!!!

Not one person on this thread has yet stated that she deserves her chance to commentate on mens football because she has a great voice, great timing and a thorough knowledge of the game and it''s history (these are all qualities that are needed to make a good commentator and this lady has none of them)....

Kind of proves my point really don''t you think???

[quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"]

[/quote]

A classic quote that show''s just how PC and brainwashed you have become Konstantin...

Because whether you believe it or not...  I can assure you that there are thousands of people all over the UK (probably just as many, if not more than those of you with their feet in the PC camp)... 

The thing is that those in the PC camp, the media and others that are unwilling to (or scared to speak up) have created such a facade that it gives the impression that those in the PC camp are in the vast majority when in reality that is far from the truth... 

The reasoning for this is that people are just not allowed to say what in in all likelihood the vast majority of people in the UK and around the world still believe anymore.

Like many notorious people have stated during the last 50 years... these PC beliefs will eventually lead to our downfall...  if you and others are foolish enough to believe otherwise then that does not surprise me in the slightest!!!

Jas of the Barclay - you shouldn''t start thinking professional female football is a good standard - it patently is not! No professional female team I''ve seen (and I''ve seen international teams and the female FA Cup final on tv a few times) would beat a semi-professional male team, and to say otherwise is a slight to all those who have played at that level (i.e. me). The guys who play at that level are all the guys who used to run rings around people on the playground, but just lacked the strength, height or the speed (or simply the luck) required to make it as a pro. They are all fine players though. And in my opinion, right down to the Conference North/South level they would be able to beat a professional female team. A well disciplined sunday morning male team with a bit of fitness might also fare well against them, but it''d be much closer. Granted there are star players in the female game, but they''re no better than a Robbie Blake, and the overall standard of the team is pretty dreadful. This is just an example of the fact there is not in fact equality between the sexes (or even within the sexes i.e. some of us are rubbish at football, some of us are good, and some brilliant (Hucks!). To treat people equally is a different matter,no one can argue against equailty of opportunity but equality of outcome is a completely different matter. To simply engineer equality of outcome when it is not warranted (which is I think what riles Cluck and Smudger so much) is not fair. It should be earned on merit, and some of us are more predepossed to be better at some things than others. Find what you''re good at and do it!

As to the whole ''PC'' debate, personally I find pc culture depressing. 7rew your example is not a good one as I didn''t think that actually was an example of PC, because no one would take offence at someone saying "white men can''t jump". Personally I''m sure a 6 ft 8 + black guy who''s probably played basketball for years will be a much better player than I am, I''m not mad at someone making fun of my lack of aptitude at the game. A better example is when someone dares say something which is true but distasteful about say an ethnic minority because they think it may offend them, and is branded a racist. It kills debate, and now so many people are scared of being called racist they cannot say simple truths (politicians especially so), and some people yell racist even when people aren''t being racist! Hence PC kills debate on certain issues and prevents freedom of speech and expression. As others have metioned - the PC culture is not healthy, and it must be stopped. It''s like this debate, Cluck and Smudger have been attacked for being non pc throughout this whole thread, that''s the PC culture coming to the fore - they''re called names like ''old dinosaur'' etc to beat their way of thinking down - effectively to kill debate.

And oh -  I didn''t like her commentry - her voice was too high pitched!

So basically if we don''t agree with Smudger or Cluck on everything, we are ''PC patsys'', ''sheep following the herd'' and ''brainwashed''. Sounds like pathetic posturing by people who can''t win the debate. I''m not PC, far far from it, but I believe this woman has the right to pursue the career of her choice and the BBC have the right to employ her. You have the right to switch off. You need to go back to the drawing board on how you debate this one.

The best example of political correctness gone mad that I can give is as follows. I used to work for an American software company, as a regional director - my region included Israel and the Middle East. It is tradition to send Christmas cards to customers, the marketing team wouyldn''t let me send cards saying Happy Christmas in case it offended someone of another religion. So all the cards said ''happy holidays''. I did, however, get cards saying ''happy christmas'' from all my jewish and muslim clients who wern''t in the least bit offended by our religious holidays. That is political correctness gone mad.

I''m sure this woman is just the first to do commentary for football. Frequently the pioneers in life are mocked, but in a few years it will be accepted and won''t feel at all strange. Women have faced this in all walks of life and us men have to adjust. I didn''t hear it, maybe I would have been put off by a higher pitched voice, I don''t know. Personally I''m put off by Waller constantly getting names wrong, Andy Gray and others not knowing the laws of the game (why don''t they understand IT DOESN''T MATTER if a player gets the ball, a tackle from behind has been outlawed for YEARS!) and BBC pundits building their ego rather than give an accurate measure of the game. I would much rather listen to a higher pitched voice if the speaker isn''t talking bollox all the time.

I detest political correctness. But the world IS a better place because women and minorities are given the rights they should have been born with. What annoys/worries me about the modern world (in no particular order) is US expansionism in a quest for oil (which our government supports), capitalist globalisation at the expense of the starving, the resulting pressure on our environment, and Pop Idol.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="baldyboy"]smudger, i run a ladies team here near kings lynn and they said you arewelcome to come and show your talents and prove no woman can run rings round you, just name the date and they look forward to it, so are you up for it?[/quote]

Yeah name the date if it is an expenses paid free trip...

Then again I assume I have to be part of an equally poor ladies team to prove my point???

Rather defeats the object...  As city have proven for the past few seasons...  Class players like Hucks and Earnie playing with c**p around them just look as bad as the rest of them.

[/quote]

there u go Baldyboy.. the games a-foot.... My £50 to charity stands as well.. if any of the girls fail to beat Smudger twice i pay up!

Jas?

Wouldn''t it be more appropriate for you to raise money for charity by throwing a Tuppaware party or some such? [;)]

Well I watched the said game on Match of The Day and I am sorry but I don''t care what all of you in favour of female commentators say but to me it just did not sound right.  The commentary sounded as if she was in a studio watching the TV and commentating on that.  When she got the least bit excited it made me laugh and to be honest it completely ruined the game.  When Lee Dixon said she done OK then that was a joke in itself.  There are some things just left alone and male commentators on football (and sport in general) is I am afraid one of them.  Also I fully agree with a post earlier mentioning the womens football teams.  Don''t know if anyone has watched womens football on the TV but even the best of them are pretty atrocious and to be honest would not compare against the Conference teams.  And before you all start - no I am not against woman - I am married to one and have two teenage daughters but I just believe that some things should be left alone.  Some things they do better than us and some thing we do better than them so why can''t people leave it at that.

[quote user="Canary Boy"]Quick...duck, here comes another one called Hairy Canary. Scientists have not yet found life on any of the planets of our solar system except the earth...all the available evidence indicates that the other planets are barren. Our planet is the wonder of the universe, and unique. It is at just the right distance from the sun for human life, and it moves at just the right speed to be held in orbit. The atmosphere is made up of just the right proportion of gases to sustain life. Light from the sun, carbon dioxide from the air, and water and minerals from the soil combine to produce food for us. Do you think it all come about as a result of some uncontrolled explosion in space? Let me ask you, have you ever dropped an egg?[/quote]You obviously missed this week''s news on an Earth-like planet being discovered... certainly doesn''t sound like we''re all that "unique"...Allow me to refresh your memory:

New ''super-Earth'' found in space

The new planet is not much bigger than the Earth

Astronomers have found the most Earth-like planet outside our Solar

System to date, a world which could have water running on its surface.

The planet orbits the faint star Gliese 581, which is 20.5 light-years away in the constellation Libra.

Scientists made the discovery using the Eso 3.6m Telescope in Chile.

They say the benign temperatures on the planet mean any

water there could exist in liquid form, and this raises the chances it

could also harbour life.

"We have estimated that the mean temperature of this

''super-Earth'' lies between 0 and 40 degrees Celsius, and water would

thus be liquid," explained Stephane Udry of the Geneva Observatory,

lead author of the scientific paper reporting the result.

''Is there life anywhere else?'' is a fundamental question we all ask

Alison BoyleLondon Science Museum

"Moreover, its radius should be only 1.5 times the Earth''s radius, and

models predict that the planet should be either rocky - like our Earth

- or covered with oceans."

Xavier Delfosse, a member of the team from Grenoble University, added: "Liquid water is critical to life as we know it."

He believes the planet may now become a very important

target for future space missions dedicated to the search for

extra-terrestrial life.

These missions will put telescopes in space that can

discern the tell-tale light "signatures" that might be associated with

biological processes.

The observatories would seek to identify trace

atmospheric gases such as methane, and even markers for chlorophyll,

the pigment in Earth plants that plays a critical role in

photosynthesis.

''Indirect'' detection

The exoplanet - as astronomers call planets around a

star other than the Sun - is the smallest yet found, and completes a

full orbit of its parent star in just 13 days.

EXOPLANET GLIESE 581 C

Infographic, BBC

Mass: Five times Earth''s mass

Orbit: 13 days

Temperature: 0C - 40C

Distance: 20.5 light years

Constellation: Libra

Indeed, it is 14 times closer to its star than the Earth is to our Sun.

However, given that the host star is smaller and colder

than the Sun - and thus less luminous - the planet nevertheless lies in

the "habitable zone", the region around a star where water could be

liquid.

Gliese 581 C was identified at the European Southern Observatory (Eso) facility at La Silla in the Atacama Desert.

To make their discovery, researchers used a very

sensitive instrument that can measure tiny changes in the velocity of a

star as it experiences the gravitational tug of a nearby planet.

Astronomers are stuck with such indirect methods of

detection because current telescope technology struggles to image very

distant and faint objects - especially when they orbit close to the

glare of a star.

The Gliese 581 system has now yielded three planets: the

new super-Earth, a 15 Earth-mass planet orbiting even closer to the

parent star, and an eight Earth-mass planet that lies further out.

Gliese 581 (Digital Sky Survey)

Gliese 581 is much cooler and dimmer than our own Sun

The latest discovery has created tremendous excitement among scientists.

Of the more than 200 exoplanets so far discovered, a

great many are Jupiter-like gas giants that experience blazing

temperatures because they orbit close to hot stars.

The Gliese 581 super-Earth is in what scientists call

the "Goldilocks Zone" where temperatures "are just right" for life to

have a chance to exist.

Commenting on the discovery, Alison Boyle, the curator

of astronomy at London''s Science Museum, said: "Of all the planets

we''ve found around other stars, this is the one that looks as though it

might have the right ingredients for life.

"It''s 20 light-years away and so we won''t be going there

anytime soon, but with new kinds of propulsion technology that could

change in the future. And obviously we''ll be training some powerful

telescopes on it to see what we can see," she told BBC News.

"''Is there life anywhere else?'' is a fundamental question we all ask."

Professor Glenn White at the Rutherford Appleton

Laboratory is helping to develop the European Space Agency''s Darwin

mission, which will scan the nearby Universe, looking for signs of life

on Earth-like planets. He said: "This is an important step in the

search for true Earth-like exoplanets.

"As the methods become more and more refined,

astronomers are narrowing in on the ultimate goal - the detection of a

true Earth-like planet elsewhere.

"Obviously this newly discovered planet and its

companions in the Gliese 581 system will become prominent targets for

missions like Esa''s Darwin and Nasa''s Terrestrial planet Finder when

they fly in about a decade."

Why do I get the feeling that once further research has shown yet more indicators of Earth-like planets, the religious leaders will suddenly turn around and say "Oh, didn''t we mention? God has a brother, you know..." [:P]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]

Why do I get the feeling that once further research has shown yet more indicators of Earth-like planets, the religious leaders will suddenly turn around and say "Oh, didn''t we mention? God has a brother, you know..." [:P]

[/quote]

I assume we''re all breathing a huge sigh of relief God doesn''t have a sister then?...

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]

The bbc would be breaking the law if they discriminated against her on the basis of gender, this is 2007 not 1957 everybody gets treated equally nowadays and quite right too!

The commentry wasn''t great but lets be fair it was her first match hopefully she will improve and pave the way for more women to get involved with football.

[/quote]

Give me strength....... I''m so glad I didn''t fight a war like my father did to end up with a faffy society based purely on "discriminatory rights" above all logic.

Had you lived in the 1950''s and 60''s you might have knowledge of just how pleasant the world was then...and how equal the sexes actually were within society. Since this time women have become ridiculously aggressive in their quest for superiority....and the male gender of 2007 don''t have the guts to stand up for their own status or claim the validity of their existence.

Equality my backside...it''s all about control and you''re simply walking into the valley with your eyes closed.  I wish you luck...but in 100 years time you''ll end up just as subservient as women were in Victorian times....and the circle of "male rights" will then replace the feminist movement.

Men and women are NOT the same....and "equality" is just a scam perpetrated by feminists on the road to domination. Order your large size Marigolds in preparation....as there may well be a shortage looming.

[/quote]

I don''t for one second think that feminism is about a quest for domination by all women, but answer me this if it was and if they succeded so what?

last time i looked us blokes aren''t exactly doing a great job of running the world are we? all of the worlds problems are created by men, how many wars have been started by women? how many women have commited genocide? how many women commit murder compared to men? why not give them a chance at power, they can''t do much worse than us!

If men had treated women fairly and with respect in the first place then maybe women would not have needed to fight to get to where they are today and maybe they would feel no need to carry on fighting for superiority as you suggest?

[/quote]

mmm let me think...  Maggie Thatcher ring any bells???

Great post about the marigolds Cluck!!!

[/quote]

Hey up smudger        [:)]       Rather like pi**ing into the wind on here isn''t it?  As suspected though when the PC brigade can''t rely on drowning by numbers...the child like individual personal asides take over.  It''s a shame that they can''t realise free thinkers are just that....free....and no amount of packing or trivialising can win their case.

I still maintain that this whole sexism business is a reflection on modern family breakdown and the ensuing mother fixation it causes. No father figure in the home to make a case for the male gender, so the female psyche prevails and becomes the norm for our children to take forward.

It''s very sad for the males of this generation that they don''t know who or what they are....but that is a battle for them to fight in the future.  However when they do eventually see how their status in the world is no longer relevant, they may just be too subservient and foppish to do anything about it. Happily I won''t be around to watch them become the "suffragettes" of the 21st. century, fighting against the repression of men in the home, workplace and public life.

Just remember you heard it here first. Lose too much freedom now and you''ll lose it all in time....just as the lefties of old denied their people simple democracy. Society crumbles and anarchy follows....and rather like the football club you''re busy destroying today.....once it''s broken there is no easy way back.

[quote user="Canary Poirot"]

Jas of the Barclay - you shouldn''t start thinking professional female football is a good standard - it patently is not! No professional female team I''ve seen (and I''ve seen international teams and the female FA Cup final on tv a few times) would beat a semi-professional male team, and to say otherwise is a slight to all those who have played at that level (i.e. me). The guys who play at that level are all the guys who used to run rings around people on the playground, but just lacked the strength, height or the speed (or simply the luck) required to make it as a pro. They are all fine players though. And in my opinion, right down to the Conference North/South level they would be able to beat a professional female team. A well disciplined sunday morning male team with a bit of fitness might also fare well against them, but it''d be much closer. Granted there are star players in the female game, but they''re no better than a Robbie Blake, and the overall standard of the team is pretty dreadful. This is just an example of the fact there is not in fact equality between the sexes (or even within the sexes i.e. some of us are rubbish at football, some of us are good, and some brilliant (Hucks!). To treat people equally is a different matter,no one can argue against equailty of opportunity but equality of outcome is a completely different matter. To simply engineer equality of outcome when it is not warranted (which is I think what riles Cluck and Smudger so much) is not fair. It should be earned on merit, and some of us are more predepossed to be better at some things than others. Find what you''re good at and do it!

As to the whole ''PC'' debate, personally I find pc culture depressing. 7rew your example is not a good one as I didn''t think that actually was an example of PC, because no one would take offence at someone saying "white men can''t jump". Personally I''m sure a 6 ft 8 + black guy who''s probably played basketball for years will be a much better player than I am, I''m not mad at someone making fun of my lack of aptitude at the game. A better example is when someone dares say something which is true but distasteful about say an ethnic minority because they think it may offend them, and is branded a racist. It kills debate, and now so many people are scared of being called racist they cannot say simple truths (politicians especially so), and some people yell racist even when people aren''t being racist! Hence PC kills debate on certain issues and prevents freedom of speech and expression. As others have metioned - the PC culture is not healthy, and it must be stopped. It''s like this debate, Cluck and Smudger have been attacked for being non pc throughout this whole thread, that''s the PC culture coming to the fore - they''re called names like ''old dinosaur'' etc to beat their way of thinking down - effectively to kill debate.

And oh -  I didn''t like her commentry - her voice was too high pitched!

[/quote]

Fantastic post Canary Poirot and sums up perfectly everything that agitates people like myself in this thread...

It was plainly obvious to anybody that even listened to her commentary for 2 mins (prior to finding the remote and switching the sound off) that she was extremely poor... like I have said we have yet to see anybody say that she done a good job... which proves the point that her voice was too high pitched, she was out of time and she knew little about the game and it''s history...  all facts that I am sure everybody that has posted on this thread will agree should be important factors when choosing a new commentator...

Like I have stated before it is plainly obvious that she got given the job because she is a woman FULL STOP.... and it is this stupid politically correct PR stunt that has back-fired on the BBC and made them look like a bunch of wallies to an extremely high percentage of their audiences for sports coverage.

It is a role reversal of the days when ladies couldn''t get jobs because of the sex that they were... and is pretty similar to how Jobcentre Plus and places of that nature are keen on employing those with disabilities and from ethnic minorities just to say hey look at us we have a token invalid/muslim (or whatever terms I may be able to get allowed with there).

It is quite frankly pathetic!!!

As for the gulf in class between male footballers and female footballers you are spot on my friend...  I have played a few semi-pro games myself... and without doubt could say (even at my age with my legs shot to pieces... not having played for years) I could still hold my own against any two-bit tin-pot ladies team...  and if I had the levels of fitness I had 5 or so years ago then I would of been able to hold my own against most of the players who play for the English International Ladies Team... and so would a large number of players that I have played alongside over the years.

I have played against and with players that have been on the books of profesional clubs...  one who played for England Schoolboys, then had the good sense to turn down signing for them down the road and who eventually went on to become a football coach in the States...  another who was on Stoke City''s books quite recently... and my brother played against somebody (in a team that I played against a couple of year later) who went on to play for and captain his country (playing for such teams as PSV Eindoven, Ajax and Barcalona amongst others)...  So like you say Poirot the margins between some of those who make it in the game and some of those that don''t for one reason or another can indeed often be very minimal... and are often a case of having god fortune amongst many other things!!!

The problem with your argument, Cluck, is that you rely very heavily on this idea of ''freedom'' without ever stopping to explain what you mean by this. It is historically evident that freedom means something different to everyone and in every different time and place. One man''s freedom is another man''s restriction - by protecting our own idea of liberty we are all too often treading on somebody elses. The trick, I would think, is to find a balance through compromise between parties whose interests seem very often to contradict each others - it is a complex problem and the main reason that simplistic solutions are inadequate. You paint such a one sided picture of the whole situation which simply isn''t realistic. The ''salad days'' that you remember from the fifties were simply a period in which your (and my) ''group'' enjoyed uncontested dominance backed up by centuries of theological, political and cultural conditioning - its not surprising that you remember it with such nostalgia. As Corporal Jones might have said of us, "they don''t like it up ''em, sir".   

And, by the way, I know you don''t care and think that this is just a load of ''leftie clap trap'', just thought I''d add my two penneth anyway. [;)] 

[quote user="Canary Boy"][quote user="Hairy Canary"]

[/quote]

Quick...duck, here comes another one called Hairy Canary. Scientists have not yet found life on any of the planets of our solar system except the earth...all the available evidence indicates that the other planets are barren. Our planet is the wonder of the universe, and unique. It is at just the right distance from the sun for human life, and it moves at just the right speed to be held in orbit. The atmosphere is made up of just the right proportion of gases to sustain life. Light from the sun, carbon dioxide from the air, and water and minerals from the soil combine to produce food for us. Do you think it all come about as a result of some uncontrolled explosion in space? Let me ask you, have you ever dropped an egg?
[/quote]

First point Canary Boy. Why are you happy to accept scientific evidence when it suits your argument but ignore it when it doesn’t?

As for your statement. Let’s try some basics facts first. Our Solar System is one of over 100,000,000 in our galaxy (the Milky Way). The Milky Way is one of over 10,000,000 galaxies in the observable universe. I’ll let you multiply the figures together to calculate the total number of Solar Systems but it is beyond comprehension.

With numbers that large there will be millions of planets with the right atmosphere, distance etc to support life. They will all receive light and heat from the star they orbit (ours being the sun) so I’ll ignore that point. All these millions of earth like planets have had billions of years for evolution to produce life through the mechanics of Natural Selection. It’s very basic if you open your mind to the facts and discard the dogma.

As for the explosion in space you mention, I presume you mean the big bang? It''s actually the expansion of space-time produced by converting mass into energy (no explosion at all I’m afraid). That’s Einstein’s E=MC2 to you and me. His views (like Newton’s and Hawkins’) are not so easy to duck as mine! Maybe that’s another piece of scientific evidence that doesn’t fit?

Fancy discussing plate tectonics, geology, the fossil record or genetics next? They all show the fact of evolution if you take off the blinkers.