Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

time to stand up and be counted fans

Sunday will see a team full of kids in the Biggest game of their careers.

They will be wanting to win, most of the lads are local and know what it feels like to see the team beat Ipswich. however, they will also be terrorfied of making a mistake that will cost us the match, of being barracked by the crowd, of the atmospher (which could be hostile) and just of the occasion of playing in the east anglian Derby for the first time.

We need to be behind them on Sunday... if someone near u slags one of them off for a poor pass or a bad decision shout them down! we need to chant for the full 90 minutes, even before the game.. make as much noise as possible to show the youngsters we are behind them, that they should give it their best and to play with no fear.

Ipswich will be fielding more seasoned pros but we can beat them... Our youth players are still developing in the game.. some might never make the grade at Norwich and drop down the divisions (or end up non league) some might end up in the premiership, playing for england and becoming a household name.

But on Sunday they are playing for us... they are Norwich City Football Club. Im sure Grant will have an idear of his formation and his tactics already but the rest is up to us.. and if the game doesnt go our way and we get spanked Keep singing for those kids! dont stop all game.. show them that, although its a heart breaker, they will all live to fight another day.. they will all come back bigger, stronger, better players.. and that there will be a next time for all of them at Norwich City or elsewhere.

We need to raise the roof on sunday, if we could re create the atmosphere of the wolves playoff game, of beating Manchester untd or of the promotion season then as far as im concerned we have already won.

Sod Danny Haynes if he plays. Sod Alan Lee. Sod alex Bruce. Lets get behind the team and show the binmen that our team is better, our fans our better.. and that we fully support the 11 out on the pitch.

it might be short notice but can Archant print up yellow and Green cards to hand out on the day? Fans should bring scarves, banners, flags, get your faces painted.. wear your shirts.

and if 16 year old Kris Renton does score.. savour it all! Savour every moment.... and at the end of the game.. win, lose, or Draw show the "fledglings" how proud we were of their efforts on the day.

Its game on Lads! Bring on the blue scum!

jas :)

Give Jas a microphone 5 minutes before kick off, get him on the pitch, and make him read this out...

I agree. Let everyone in the ground give it 150% from 10 to 12 onwards, and make this a hostile environment for ipswich to visit.. haraass their players at every turn, and bellow at the referee at every marginal decision, and try to intimidate and influence the result.. every one of us, no matter where we stand on the Delia and boardroom (lack of) ambition thing... give it everything weve got. then if the players let us down again - there can be no more excuses. Were owed this one - lets make it happen. Whos in?  

Agreed.Whatever team we play, whatever mistakes we make, the fans must stay behind the team 100%.It would have been nice if the EDP and club officials had done a "wear yellow" day thing for this derby like the Korean''s do every time they play in the World Cup. Instead of giving out cheap bits of card, why not put plain yellow shirts on sale outside each of the turnstyles of the ground for a fiver each or something. It''d make a little extra cash for the club and that way pretty much everyone in the ground would have a yellow shirt on.

Very inspiring post Jas, I nearly stood up and was singing OTBC but couldn''t be bothered, I bloody well hop it is like this on Sunday, I''am so looking forward to it and I will be singing till I can not sing any more.

Come on boy''s, girl''s and folk sing so we can win and stuff their taunts down the throat.

YELLOWS, YELLOWS, YELLOWS.

[quote user="winchmorehill canary"]

Very inspiring post Jas, I nearly stood up and was singing OTBC but couldn''t be bothered, [/quote]

thats not the attitude young man! lol

brilliant post Jas, just need to hope that enough people see this and react to it. raise the roof!

Great post Jas and we''re with you all the way.

Lets bring the roof down,,lets help them to victory and then lets celebrate for days and days afterwards.

CMON YOU YELLOWS [:)]

[quote user="mbncfc"]

Give Jas a microphone 5 minutes before kick off, get him on the pitch, and make him read this out...

[/quote]Lol, agreed - awesome stuff Jas! Delia take note!

Good stuff, Jas... all it needed was a podium, a big Canaries flag unfurling behind you and a slow trumpet lament of On The Ball City... [:)]I''ll be singing from here, I hope you''ll be able to hear me! [:D]

This is the best post i have read on here for a long time. It actually makes me feel positive about this board again.

Being positive makes such a difference and lets all be positive for the lads on sunday!

Yarmy!

Proud to be a yellow whatever the score.  We may lose this one, but we know over the years we will win many more. 

From all of 2 rows behind you, I''ll be screaming me head off....Come On City!

Thats the stuff.  We can show them who are the best fans, in season tickets AND noise.  Sing even if we go behind, urge the team, give the ref a hard time, all as it should be.

Cmon City, On the Ball, STAND UP, BE COUNTED AND LETS SHOW THE S**M OF EAST ANGLIA WHO THE PRIDE IS! Do it for the fans, the team, yourself, and most of all show ipswich up, lets make them look like a bunch of old girls on a nice little day out!!!! COMON CITY   WEAR YELLOW, BE PROUD  CUMON CITY!!!!!!! LETS DO EM!!!

[quote user="Safri15"]From all of 2 rows behind you, I''ll be screaming me head off....Come On City!
[/quote]

nice one! beers on me if u catch me at half time.

This is music to my ears Jas, OK its been a shit season but for this game lets sing our hearts out and get behind the lads.Wear your yellow and green with pride and lets give the scum a damm good hiding.I will be doing my best to keep the ''Snakepit'' singing and lets keep off the players backs.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Safri15"]From all of 2 rows behind you, I''ll be screaming me head off....Come On City!
[/quote]

nice one! beers on me if u catch me at half time.

[/quote]

im close by where are ya,,,,,i will catch ya!

I''m so up for this that I couldn''t sleep last night, goodness knows what I''ll be like tonight [:)]

Cmon everyone, lets sing together

We''ll beat the Scum 3-1

3-1

We''ll beat the Scum 3-1

3-1

Cant believe none of you read it well enough to notice he put this:But on Sunday they are playing for us... they are Norwich City Football

Club. Im sure Grant will have an idear of his formation and his tactics

already but the rest is up to usNice one Jas!! Totally agree but just incase you had not noticed? Roeder will pick the team from now on!!

[quote user="cityangel"]

I''m so up for this that I couldn''t sleep last night, goodness knows what I''ll be like tonight [:)]

We''ll beat the Scum 3-1

3-1

We''ll beat the Scum 3-1

3-1

[/quote]

Is it just me or what?          [:|]

[quote user="cityangel"]

We''ll beat the Scum 3-1

3-1

We''ll beat the Scum 3-1

3-1

[/quote]errr no... 3-0 3-0 3-0and doesnt kris renton have a broken leg? get em martin!

[quote user="NEIL CLUCKCASTER"][quote user="cityangel"]

We''ll beat the Scum 3-1

3-1

We''ll beat the Scum 3-1

3-1

[/quote]

Is it just me or what?          [:|]

[/quote]

Sorry to disappoint you Cluck but it was never you about anything, so it must be "or what?"

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Cant believe none of you read it well enough to notice he put this:

But on Sunday they are playing for us... they are Norwich City Football Club. Im sure Grant will have an idear of his formation and his tactics already but the rest is up to us

Nice one Jas!! Totally agree but just incase you had not noticed? Roeder will pick the team from now on!!
[/quote]

Suggest you check the date of the original post.........