Sign in to follow this  
jjohnny

darren ward

sunderland get darren ward we get chris brown can someone explain this to me.It seems someone at norwich is a very bad judge of players

[quote user="jjohnny"]sunderland get darren ward we get chris brown can someone explain this to me.It seems someone at norwich is a very bad judge of players[/quote]

Not sure of the relevence jjohnny, but if you said we gave Sunderland Darren Ward and yet chose to keep Gallacher I would agree that someone had been a poor judge.

Howabout ...... Villa got Chris Sutton but we got Dion Dublin? [li]  [st] [um]

i personally think we should have kept Ward instead of Gallacher,

Colchester have Cureton

Wigan have Jackson

Coventry have McKenzie

Stoke have Russell

Watford have Francis

Where do you want me to stop naming ex city player who are still playing and are better than the current dross.

[quote user="Grumpy "]

Colchester have Cureton

Wigan have Jackson

Coventry have McKenzie

Stoke have Russell

Watford have Francis

Where do you want me to stop naming ex city player who are still playing and are better than the current dross.

[/quote]

And you look at those players. Only Francis and arguably McKenzie have gone on to do better straight away.

Cureton has taken nearly ten years to prove that we could have done with him at this level. Jackson had to work hard to get to where he is now and it is only through injury to other players that he has been in the Wigan side so much this season. In my mind people whinge about Malky but Jackson was by far the better player we let go.

Russell again its this season he is showing more promiss. I thought he was good enough to keep back then but you have to feel for the guy, there was very little chance of him breaking the Francis/Holt midfield combo and with Mulryne also in the wings his chances were slim. His only real option was to go on and get more games somewhere else.

I have to say I find it amusing that we let two players go for size reasons only, Zamora at the time was deemed to small as was Cureton and they have both gone on to be consistant goal scorers. Just proves my point that some kids are late developers and there are still some good players to be found out there even at a non-league level.

Ian Wright is a prime example of that.

[quote user="Grumpy "]

Colchester have Cureton

Wigan have Jackson

Coventry have McKenzie

Stoke have Russell

Watford have Francis

[/quote]

Cureton is better than Earnshaw and McKenzie is better than Huckerby then.

The relevence being  roy keane has only been a manager 8 months yet he is sitting at the top of the league with a norwich reject in goal.If they go up(i mean when they go up) is darren ward going to be told he can leave i think not

[quote user="jjohnny"]The relevence being  roy keane has only been a manager 8 months yet he is sitting at the top of the league with a norwich reject in goal.If they go up(i mean when they go up) is darren ward going to be told he can leave i think not[/quote]

So we all agree Ward would have been a better choice than Gallacher then.

[quote user="jjohnny"]The relevence being  roy keane has only been a manager 8 months yet he is sitting at the top of the league with a norwich reject in goal.If they go up(i mean when they go up) is darren ward going to be told he can leave i think not[/quote]

Do we have to have this every time an ex-City player does well at another club, it really is quite tedious. Were you posting on here at the end of last season that it would be a huge mistake to let Ward go? Was there a groundswell of opinion that Gallagher should be released instead of Ward? No, everybody was jumping on the back of a couple of half-decent performances from Gallagher and boasting about how we wouldn''t miss Greeno because Gallagher was a better keeper!

Jamie Cureton''s the other favourite at the moment, "why on earth did we let him go?". As somebody else pointed out, he''s been scratching about in the lower leagues ever since he left here, I think he even ended up playing in South Korea at one stage, and now he finally feels at home playing for Colchester. Good luck to him I always liked him as a player, but you can''t just assume that he''d be banging in 20+ goals a season for us if he''d have stayed here. Football doesn''t always work like that, it''s not as simple as some would like to think.

As a footnote Sheffield United once passed up the chance to sign Diego Maradona, I wonder if he ever turned out to be any good?