Sign in to follow this  
stan the man

NEW SIGN KEVIN COOPER!!!!!!!!!

Just got the offical text that says City sign kevin cooper on loan from wolves til the end of the season. I think he will be a great addition to the squad. What do you think?.
Worthy does it again, saying in todays EDP "i will not be signing anyone before saturday" next thing you know he signs someone. We love you worthy!!!! OTBC

Note to self, check that you have written everything in the thread before clicking ok. It meant to read "new signing kevin cooper"
He is a player which can play on the left, centre or right of midfield and hopefully can cross a ball. OTBC

hmmm, not sure about this one. If he''s not good enough for the wolves side and not good enough to get in the sunderland side who had him on loan (made one substitute appearance) is he going to be good enough for us? We shall see I guess.

Well he scored a stunning goal against us in the away leg of the play off semi v Wolves.
As for him not getting into Wolves/Sunderland side, don''t read too much into that. He may just not fit in to the present team. Ring any bells Leon!

Good player. Scores goals, gets stuck in and bags of experience at this level. Can play anywhere in midfield so i expect he will go to the right. Just the sort of player we need at this stage of the season to keep things ticking over.

Yep, thought so too. Maybe NW switches him to the right side of midfield (hope so). Every time we''ve played against Cooper I think he has been rather good player. He''s got pace, he''s experienced and got some trickery. All in all good addition to the squad, well done Nige.

Anything that shakes up our current midfield has to be good however we do now seem overloaded with left sided players - unless Francis'' attitude has meant that he siees Cooper playing in the middle with Holt?

With the only cover being Mullers then Easton in centre midfield this is a sound signing but what i really really want to see is a right sided midfield.

As far as not playing in Wolves or Sunderland he is behind Kennedy at Wolves and the simply superb Arca at Sunderland so hardly a disgrace in that.

OTBC

It seems to be another case of us signing a player that has played very well aggainst us in the past.

Brennan, Huckerby, Kevin Harper, Edworthy..... Hopefully Bergkamp next!!!

Not that I''m saying its a bad policy

This guy''s name doesn''t exactly leap off the page...but a naturally left-footed Premiership player on the right-side of our midfield has got to be a positive move. Well done Nigel...your a star!

Canary Boy, Isle of Wight

the main thing is that he''ll be able to fit ito the squad immediately, as he will be working down the right with his former teammate edworthy. what we didnt want to do was get a player who would take a few weeks to settle. hopefully that wont apply with cooper

Just thinking about the timing ... when did Wolves sign Cooper, hmmm March 2002. When did Wolves start to bottle it? Hmmmm, let me think. I''m going to have a lie down now. It doesn''t mean anything, it doesn''t mean anything. 1st Wiz''s hex thread was a joke, it WAS A JOKE.

I was just thinking and Edworthy couldn''t get in the Wolves team and then he came to us and he has been pretty consistant, so why can''t Cooper do the same?

For me this is a good signing. It''s all about options.

Bringing Cooper in gives more choices in midfield. If you perm two from Cooper, Hendo, Brennan, McVeigh or even Jarvis for the two wide midfield positions, that leaves Mulryne, Holt and Francis scrapping for two centre midfield positions. That can only be good. Not only does it give instant options from the bench, it also lets whoever might be first choice know they have serious competition. If you throw in Easton and Rivers as last resorts, thats ten midfielders fighting for four positions. I reckon most Clubs in the First Division would kill to be in that position!

We already have four strikers vying for two positions, Briggs and Shackell offering good defensive cover (Shackell is more than cover in my opinion, but you get my point...)

Not a bad position to be in is it really?

And if Cooper doesn''t make the grade, he goes at the end of the season.

A good signing.

Good signing for me. Worthy has obviously done his homework on the players character so as to not upset the team spirit. Here is a guy with a point to prove, but experienced at the business end of a promotion campaign - and thats what we need now as the pressure turns up a notch, game by game.

Will you forgive him by score the Wolves goal against us?

I will, since his goal didn''t harm us much...:O)

Do you really think Cooper is good enough for Norwich. He is rubbish. How often has he actually played this season. Why is Worthy thrying to change the winning formula. Wait till the summer and then start buying players who are actually worth buying. The reason teams get relegated is because they sign useless pieces of rubbish like Cooper. We have the foundations that could become a decent side. I just hope worhty doesn''t mess it up on past it players.

Man it was UNFAIR to comment somebody who HAD NOT YET play for us as rubbish, it was too harsh mate. Kevin was only on loan to us and not sign permanently. No need to be overreacted.

What absolute crap Ipswich Fan. The one position we need to have a little more cover for is midfield, what with Francis, Mulryne and Mcveigh all showing one or two worrying signs, the jury out on Hendo and Rivers and Easton both out of favour. It is only a loan signing till the end of season and Worthy wants a couple more options if things get a bit jittery towards the end of season. A good signing!

Will someone please tell that Ipswich fan to p*** off! He''s beginning to get on my nerves! Cooper has benn injured, and you can''t judge a player when you haven''t seen him play!

"Do you really think Elliott is good enough for Ipswich. He is rubbish. How often has he actually played well this season. Why is Fathead thrying to change the losing formula. Wait till the summer and then start buying players who are actually worth buying. The reason teams get relegated is because they sign useless pieces of rubbish like Elliott."

I''m sure this is what ''Local Ipswich Fan'' meant to write.... :-)