Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

I'd replace these 4 for starters.

Croft: Is it me or is he getting fatter and slower. Flatters to deceive. Never delivers a good ball can''t beat an egg and can''t hit a barn door from 5 yards. Signing of the season. Rubbish. Effort without ability

Hughes: One of the worst players I have ever seen. Does one good tackle every other game and people who admire his effort put him up for the England right back place. Utter rubbish a mistake waiting to happen. Has no idea what to do with the ball at his feet, and even if he did he kick it in to touch. Effort without ability

Etuhu: Lazy Lazy Lazy. Oh and did I mention he''s Lazy. Yes a couple of goals of late but he''d need to get hatricks every game from now till next Christmas to make up for the lack of anything else he does or doesn''t do. Midfielders need to run the game he couldn''t run a bath. Ability without effort

Fotheringham: Rubbish, way out of his depth. He hasn''t done one impressive thing since signing. "Give him more time" Good players don''t need that much time to show their worth. No effort no ability

Please god tell me that these player are not going be part of next season in the way they have been this.

They are not good enough to be part of a mid-table championship side let alone one going for promotion. And they have proved it.

croft was only the signing of the season cos he was the only player we had brought in untill january apart from a couple of loan signings and dublin. simon lappin seams to be signing of the season now.

I would say

?

?            ?         Shackall      Drury

?         Etuhu      Safri  /?      Huckerby

Earnshaw      ?

I''m not convinced about warner, so we definatly need a new 1st choice keeper.

We need a new right back, becasue Hughes isnt the long term answer.

We need a new centre half partner for Shackall, someone with experience, in the mackay style but a bit younger because Doherty generally has been poor.

Croft is too much of a headless chicken with no class, hopefully a 100% fit chadwick will be a good player for this position but we''ll see.

We definately need another centre midfielder to compete with Etuhu and Safri, although for one reason or another i reckon at least one of them wont be here next season, plus fotheringham looks lightweight, but perhaps not fully fit.

I also think we need a new striker to partner Earnshaw, although i wouldnt be suprised to see Earnshaw leave afetr what Neil Doncaster said a few months back about players being sold, Huckerby is probably better on the left although we do have Lappin who looks solid, and i''m afraid Brown isnt good enough, the jury''s still out on Jarvis and looks like Mcveigh, Hendo and thorne are on there way rightly. If we are going to challenge next seaosn, and we still have Earny then perhaps Martin should be back up.

At least Grant has admitted we lack any kind of leadership on the pitch. A tough tackling mouthy midfielder is what we need to start with!

Martin looks the business for me, I''d like to see him start in the first 11 next yr if he can progress like he has done so far. His technique and ability to read the game are second to no one else in the team - not even Earnie or Hucks.

He lacks experience and know-how (which is why the defenders made mince-meat out of him yest) but that will come with first team action.

Croft: Is it me or is he getting fatter and slower. Flatters to deceive. Never delivers a good ball can''t beat an egg and can''t hit a barn door from 5 yards. Signing of the season. Rubbish. Effort without ability

Hughes: One of the worst players I have ever seen. Does one good tackle every other game and people who admire his effort put him up for the England right back place. Utter rubbish a mistake waiting to happen. Has no idea what to do with the ball at his feet, and even if he did he kick it in to touch. Effort without ability

Etuhu: Lazy Lazy Lazy. Oh and did I mention he''s Lazy. Yes a couple of goals of late but he''d need to get hatricks every game from now till next Christmas to make up for the lack of anything else he does or doesn''t do. Midfielders need to run the game he couldn''t run a bath. Ability without effort

Fotheringham: Rubbish, way out of his depth. He hasn''t done one impressive thing since signing. "Give him more time" Good players don''t need that much time to show their worth. No effort no ability

Please god tell me that these player are not going be part of next season in the way they have been this.

They are not good enough to be part of a mid-table championship side let alone one going for promotion. And they have proved it.

Good players dont need time....

Drogba,Shevchenko,Henry,Bergkamp,Crouch @ Liverpool,Essien,Anelka this year.......No good players dont take time!

I thought Fotheringham looked bright yesterday. Nice touch, can pass a ball (didnt have many options though as everyone was running away) and is not afraid of shooting. The last point makes a nice change for a city player.

I also believe that him and Safri cant play together as proved at Col U. The are both similar because they both want to be played through. Fozzy will make a good playmaker but the fact of the matter is give him games. I think next year after a good pre season he will be an asset.

Agree entirely with Hardhouse 44 especially about Etuhu, he has had better games of late and scored a couple of goals but it is too little too late. Croft spot on, flatters to decieve, Fotheringham should have stayed away he''s not good enough for this league and has done absolutely nothing to convince me otherwise. Hughes at times looks the part then he does something and you wonder if he''s ever played football in his life seemingly having 3 left feet or more like webbed feet. Let''s face it guys Grant brought in Fotheringham and Lappin and I know the latter looks more the part but not entirely convinced about him. Also what is Grant actually doing about the goalkeeping situation long term, the Ashdown saga was a joke, complete mistake and others have been tried. Sorry I add Grant to my list to go, don''t think he has the first idea what he''s doing there have been far too many mistakes in terms of selections and substitutions since he arrived, he has no more tactical nous than Worthington, in my view, and at the end of the day what has changed? the inconsistency is still there.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

Drogba,Shevchenko,Henry,Bergkamp,Crouch @ Liverpool,Essien,Anelka this year.......No good players dont take time!

I thought Fotheringham looked bright yesterday. Nice touch, can pass a ball (didnt have many options though as everyone was running away) and is not afraid of shooting. The last point makes a nice change for a city player.

I also believe that him and Safri cant play together as proved at Col U. The are both similar because they both want to be played through. Fozzy will make a good playmaker but the fact of the matter is give him games. I think next year after a good pre season he will be an asset.

[/quote]

This is silly talk. They are and were proven players at the highest level. Some bedding in time in the hardest league in the world, maybe. But to compare any of them to any of the 4 players I mentioned in the league we are in is ludicrous.

[quote user="tel"]Agree entirely with Hardhouse 44 especially about Etuhu, he has had better games of late and scored a couple of goals but it is too little too late. Croft spot on, flatters to decieve, Fotheringham should have stayed away he''s not good enough for this league and has done absolutely nothing to convince me otherwise. Hughes at times looks the part then he does something and you wonder if he''s ever played football in his life seemingly having 3 left feet or more like webbed feet. Let''s face it guys Grant brought in Fotheringham and Lappin and I know the latter looks more the part but not entirely convinced about him. Also what is Grant actually doing about the goalkeeping situation long term, the Ashdown saga was a joke, complete mistake and others have been tried. Sorry I add Grant to my list to go, don''t think he has the first idea what he''s doing there have been far too many mistakes in terms of selections and substitutions since he arrived, he has no more tactical nous than Worthington, in my view, and at the end of the day what has changed? the inconsistency is still there.[/quote]

Lappin is also a doubt as far as I am concerned. He isn''t a left winger for one reason he can''t out run anybody. He has no pace. This will be Eagle''s problem along with his lack of physical stature. Fullback is probably the place for Lappin if he can improve his defensive side of the game. Imagine that a fullback who can get forward once in a while knows what to do with the ball at his feet and can deliver a decent cross. Wait, now I''m just getting silly!!!

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]

Lappin is also a doubt as far as I am concerned. He isn''t a left winger for one reason he can''t out run anybody. He has no pace. This will be Eagle''s problem along with his lack of physical stature. Fullback is probably the place for Lappin if he can improve his defensive side of the game. Imagine that a fullback who can get forward once in a while knows what to do with the ball at his feet and can deliver a decent cross. Wait, now I''m just getting silly!!!

[/quote]

I think Lappin has been quite impressive so far.  Although I think everyone likes a winger with a bit pace sometimes speed of thought can be just as much of an asset and I do think Mr Lappin is quite an intelligent player. He''s definitely a player who has improved our squad and I think, if used correctly, he will become a quality player for Norwich

Interesting thread, and one that shows that 24,500 fans see 24,500 different games. My candidates for the chop (or the bench, anyway) are Drury (sorry - he''s a good pro, but he hardly ever makes a tackle and allows too many threats to develop on the left side), Doherty (an accident waiting to happen), Hughes (another accident waiting to happen, for all the 110% endeavour), and Gallacher (accidents go in threes). I don''t think we should keep Warner, and I''m not sure about Fotheringham, though Monday was the best I''ve seen him play. Lappin I like - he may not be quick, but he''s got a really sweet left foot and I think he''s worth building a role for. Croft is worth persevering with - his attitude is good, but he needs to develop a cutting edge - but I hope Chadwick can get fit and stay fit. Eutuhu and Safri should be a mighty central midfield pairing, and Hux and Martin up front is mouth-watering. But above all (and Grant is right about this) we lack character.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="can u sit down please"]

[/quote]

This is silly talk. They are and were proven players at the highest level. Some bedding in time in the hardest league in the world, maybe. But to compare any of them to any of the 4 players I mentioned in the league we are in is ludicrous.

[/quote]

but it does re-iterate the fact that players need a settling in period. !5,25,45 minutes here or there aint no good, Fozzy needs a decent run. Next year is the time to judge him.

Unless a player has a sensational start at this club they are no good!

[quote user="can u sit down please"][quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="can u sit down please"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

but it does re-iterate the fact that players need a settling in period. !5,25,45 minutes here or there aint no good, Fozzy needs a decent run. Next year is the time to judge him.

Unless a player has a sensational start at this club they are no good!

[/quote]

How many minutes of football at this level did our scouts and manager watch "fozzy bear" play before whacking him on several K a week. Whose asking for sensational just any meaningful contribution would do. As for Judging him next year I very much doubt he''ll be at carrow rd.

[quote user="Old Boy"]Interesting thread, and one that shows that 24,500 fans see 24,500 different games. My candidates for the chop (or the bench, anyway) are Drury (sorry - he''s a good pro, but he hardly ever makes a tackle and allows too many threats to develop on the left side), Doherty (an accident waiting to happen), Hughes (another accident waiting to happen, for all the 110% endeavour), and Gallacher (accidents go in threes). I don''t think we should keep Warner, and I''m not sure about Fotheringham, though Monday was the best I''ve seen him play. Lappin I like - he may not be quick, but he''s got a really sweet left foot and I think he''s worth building a role for. Croft is worth persevering with - his attitude is good, but he needs to develop a cutting edge - but I hope Chadwick can get fit and stay fit. Eutuhu and Safri should be a mighty central midfield pairing, and Hux and Martin up front is mouth-watering. But above all (and Grant is right about this) we lack character.[/quote]happy to agree with most of that.  imo drury still has enough to convince me though.  i think grant has given the players every chance to prove their worth - but they haven''t gelled into a side that could mount a top 6 challenge next season - summer signings are a must.

has he really had a chance for any meaningful contribution? Luton away springs to mind and Monday wasnt bad either. In all fairness him coming here has coincided with Etuhu''s good form so he has been a bit part player.

I for one believe he will be useful.....

Everyone seems to wear anti-Etuhu glasses these days. If he plays well; "well he''s lazy and he was rubbish the rest of the season" - i didn''t see any laziness at all yesterday and recently he''s done very well and in the rest of the season, particually the start and when grant came in he was our best player so lay off all that rubbishIf he plays bad; "he''s lazy and rubbish and never does anything, we should play hughes he''s well good!" - says it all reallyIf he plays fair/alrite; "he''s mediocre and average fotherigham is better he is such a good passer/shooter tackler" - i hope thats tongue in cheek.

macdougall''s perm.......I think Lappin has already gone a long way towards proving himself to have been a good buy. I have been impressed with him.  

Rather like saying a half rotten apple is a good buy because you couldn''t afford a proper one? The whole transfer window was a complete shambles and yet more wasted money.  Brown (the gunslinger) should have stuck to paintballing....Chadwick would be far better employed in Holby City....Fotheringdick (The Smurf) went to Belgium for obvious reasons....Marshall couldn''t get back to Jockland fast enough and Lappin is a shortarse wannabe who can''t run.

If this is an indication of what Grant can acquire with a few quid available....God help us when he really scrapes the barrel in the summer.  No parachute money next season and a further tightening of the belt in oreder to maintain "prudence" (especially with the expensive scoreboard upgrade).  I think the word "journeyman" will then be a word attached to the "Good Old Days" when the likes of Thorne and Jarrett roamed the hallowed Carrow Road turf.