Sign in to follow this  
VoiceoftheJarrold

Dickson Etuhu - Could go in summer - Show him the love

I have heard a rumour that prem clubs are watching him.  Colchester proved how important DE is to us - I believe PG is looking to build his team around Dickson.  Dickson is obviously a confidence player and wants to be loved by the fans- We need to give him a song - A good one not generic - Any Ideas?

The prem clubs i herd are sheff utd , fulham , watford, he wont leave coz them clubs could be playing us next season LOL i hope he does''nt leave on his day he is better than any1 in this league he matched  ballack & lampard in the chelsea game mind u i don''t rate lampard he is only a goal getter does''nt do much else  

[quote user="VoiceoftheJarrold"]I have heard a rumour that prem clubs are watching him.  Colchester proved how important DE is to us - I believe PG is looking to build his team around Dickson.  Dickson is obviously a confidence player and wants to be loved by the fans- We need to give him a song - A good one not generic - Any Ideas?[/quote]

Great point buddy. Dickson is a top bloke aswell, but his self esteem is low. If we stick with him, he will be an amazing asset next season. We need to give this guy the support that will obviously enhance him to perform consistently.

We need a top Dickson Tune, i''m sure this will help.

I''d probably agree with the 7 figures.

He can be bloody important for us though, and does seem to be doing it more often now. We may miss him if he goes.

I hope that we can keep him. Admittedly, he has had a tendency to go AWOL at points though I think that this has been far less noticable in the last few weeks. I think he is important to us and despite all of the glib comments I think we would miss him if he went.

We need better midfielders than Etuhu. If a club came in with a decent offer, I''d be happy to see him replaced. Central midfield is one area where you just can''t pick and choose your games.

Dickson is as important to us at this moment in time - as Mr D Francis was, in the last few games he represented NCFC.

Y''know, it wouldn''t really bother me one iota, if there was to be a masseeeve clear-out at the club, including the ''half-attempters'' perkin'' up a bit, as it''s "CONthemTRACT Time".......Three years of Veja Doh! And, if it isn''t addressed by a ruthless change of personnel......maybe, another 3 years?

Oh, and a little ''shuffle of the board'' wouldn''t go amiss..........Naw, let''s go SUPER SIZE! Get shot o'' the lot![:P]

You can''t have a central midfield player who plays well one week and disappears the next. The position is so important to the team that for me it goes a long way towards explaining why we are so inconsistant. Sorry but he either turns up every week or he goes, We cant risk it any other way if we want to challenge next year. 

Now ... come ON , Dickson  suddenly decides  to turn it on  in the last few weeks  !     the only song that I think fits the occasion   , is that WW1  song  " Oh we don`t want to lose you ,  but we think you aught to go  , to serve your agent  and your wallet  , your next club  is confo ?  [:D]

since the cardiff game, dicko has been playing alot better - he now knows what the required standard is, and for me today, in the first half, he fell below it.  2nd half, he looked more like it.  the boy is coming into his prime - it sounds like he has a good relationship with grant - can he be trusted enough to produce good performances week in, week out - which if we are to gain promotion - he must do???

I agree totally with Hairy Canary, Etuhu''s inconsistency is unacceptable as far as I am concerned he can go and I hope he takes Fotheringham (who was a libility in my opinion today) with him. From today''s evidence a few more should also leave and I include Grant. Sorry I know that is not popular but frankly I don''t think he is much of an improvement over NW too inexperienced and it shows at time what on earth was Eagle even on thr bench for, 20,000 season ticket holders deserve better than him.

I am tired of being embarassed by teams who are better than us mainly because they all seem to want the points more than we do. Having seen all the sides except Southampton this year, the only team I have seen who really give up so easily is us.

Just as well we have got 53 points (though at this moment in time we are not mathematically safe) cos I can''t see us getting too many more. Leicester are in some trouble so they will roll us over next week, so are Burnley ditto (we never seem to beat them anyway) Ipswich will want it more than our lot, Southampton need play off points. That leaves Sheffield Wednesday, I certainly hope Leeds and or Barnsley slip up at least once before then.

Dickso is awesome you must be joking. Most of the time players like Thierry Henry, Wayne Rooney, Ronaldinho, Drogba etc are awsesome not someone who most of the time is non existent in an inferior league. Nobody at Carrow Road at the moment can be described as awesome including Huckerby, regrettably  as I am a firm City supporter but I am also a realist, Etuhu is one of those players who must leave if we are to make any sort of progress. A lot of rubbish was made about the fact he was missing at Colchester through injury, well he was back at Hull and yesterday and yes he had a decent game scored a magnificent goal but don''t tell me he was awesome he did not exactly boss the midfield, which is what we need him to do WBA rolled straight past him most of the time, which is why tht deserevedly won, I regret to say.

oh come on people, Etuhu has played more games than anyone this season, so there''s no excuse for his lack of improvement

i''m tired of waiting for him to decide when we wants to play, let alone make a name for himself

Some interesting points and it''s fairly obvious that Etuhu''s not lived up to his potential in his time here. I''d like to see him stay because deep down I think that he has the potential to be a very good player for us. There also seems to be almost continual rumours about Premiership teams being interested in him, so it would seem that better judges of footballing ability than us rate him.

It''s really no surprise that teams from the lower reaches of the Premiership might be interested in him because he''s the type of player who if he''s in the right frame of mind has the potential to get you about 10 goals a season. The smaller teams in the Premiership can''t afford to go out and buy proven 25 goal a season strikers so they often look to buy a goalscoring midfielder to bridge that gap. It''s probably the reason that two promoted sides have bought Damien Francis, who Etuhu was obviously bought to replace.

The problem with Etuhu is the words in bold, how long can he survive here on potential alone? Can Peter Grant be the one to get inside his head and get the best out of him, or is the name Dickson Etuhu destined only to pop up on one of those tedious threads (probably started by one of the posters who wants to get rid of him) about how we should have never let him go when somebody else unlocks his potential.

apart from his goals yesterday just what else did he do?

its near the end of the season, the time where clubs start looking for summer targets..  so dickson has decided to play football.. funny that!

get rid!

jas L)

Etuhu is only 24. He certainly still has several seasons of improvement in his game before he reaches his peak.

There is time and I think it would be foolhardy just to get rid of him, unless someone really wanted to spend some serious (championship standard) money on him. 

[quote user="mbncfc"]

Etuhu is only 24. He certainly still has several seasons of improvement in his game before he reaches his peak.

[/quote]I think Peter Grant will lose his sanity long before then. The amount of times WBA has free shots and free headers on goal when a certain someone was supposed to be marking or closing them down was unbelievable. After WBA rattled the crossbar for the first time, Grant went completely ballistic at Etuhu.Of course when Etuhu can be bothered he does well, as the goal proved. But how frustrating a player he must be for Grant to manage.

No - I dont think he needs to be shown the door;  unlike WLY he still has a couple of years to improve and we are not blessed with enough central midfielders.   What he does need is to realise that his place is not guaranteed and that he has to compete for his place;  whichis why signing another central midfield is essential this summer.  Hopefully dickson will rise to the challenge and perform more consistently to keep his place in the team,  if not the new guy gets his spot - a win win for everyone methinks.  

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

apart from his goals yesterday just what else did he do?

its near the end of the season, the time where clubs start looking for summer targets..  so dickson has decided to play football.. funny that!

get rid!

jas L)

[/quote]

I must have gone to a different game JAS.

I thought he was our best player by a mile. Plenty of tackles, box to box running, some good passes and a goal. Can''t really ask for much more.

I would agree he hasn''t done it enough this season but to critisize yesterdays performance is more than a bit unfair.

I would keep Dickson and show Safri the door...

Dickson is not the best Central Midfielder in the world but he is the best that Norwich City currently have!!!

Are people blind in this city? Do they go to norwich city games or norwich united games. The unfair critisism of etuhu is riducolous.1. Last time i checked when the strikers are shooting at goal it''s the defences duty to stop them, not the midfield. You complain that the midfield don''t help getting back and then moan we are too deep, it''s stupid2. Potential? So i assume match winning performances against: Preston (H), Cardiff (H), Sunderland (H), Hull (A) and numerous performances at the start of the season are not good enough for you? To be honest i can''t remember the last time croft won us a game, did anything of any not infact. Etuhu is a good player who is suffering from niggiling injuries and low esteem. He gets back in form and people still want him out, whats the deal? what has he got to do? Score a hatrick? Do 3 goal line clearances? His job is an attacking midfielder, it''s not his job to defend inside his own penalty area. He does his job well, he scored, started many good plays, didn''t give koren anytime and tracked back well. I see though thats not good enough i want him to get back and play in goal too now.3. It seems that everybody thinks, end of the season, he''s only playing well because he''s after a contract/move etc. Rubbish. It seems people only play well for Norwich when they want a move. I see huckerby''s after a move to as well. Oh well guess thats the reason we can''t get rid of any players then.4. How do you know grant went mad at him? Grant goes mad at everyone (including the officals) every 2 minutes. He could equally have been having a go at any of the four players who just watched the ball hit the post and do nada.My two cents.

[quote user="Smudger"]

Dickson is not the best Central Midfielder in the world but he is the best that Norwich City currently have!!!

[/quote]

Right! I''m seriously worried now Smudger because I totally agree with this part of your post! [;)]