Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

PAUL McVIEGH WTF!!!

why is he playing so well for burnley? my grandad says he saw him on tele and he was running like a fresh young player and scoring!!!

Lets face it - apart from the promotion season, in his long time here, when has McVeigh actually  gone out and performed week in week out?

I know its this inconsistency curse that runs throughout the whole club, but he has to be up there with Francis and Ethuhu as one of the most disappointing players of recent seasons. We know he IS capable, its just that he doesnt choose to put it in on a regular basis.

Burnley can have him. Best of luck to the chap, lets hope he can make something out of his career up there - Norwich just hasnt been the place for him to show what he is made of week in week out. But my guess is that we wont be cursing ourselves having let him go.

Like Pete says, once he gets pen on paper from Burnley on a contract, they will most probably get more of the same that we have seen - flashes of greatness, large periods of  anonymity, lack of effort, and pie munching.  

I''m not remotely surprised. He''s playing for his future. But i was more interested to see that even among all the admiring comments on a Clarets message board that someone posted a link to on here, there were comments like "didn''t notice him until he scored", "good goal but was in and out of the game too much", "would like to see him do more". Sound familiar!!!?I do think he could form a good partnership with Andy Gray though a la Iwan.

he''s naturally talented but unprofessional and not very bright so he doesn''t have the potential to improve his game and he doesn''t have the work ethic to play to a consistent level week in week out. Peter Grant knows this and will get rid of him in the summer. I think most mangers and fans will tear their hair out over PMV but perhaps somewhere there is a club and a manger with whom he can thrive. It''s just never gonna be NCFC.on the ball city!

[quote user="jonercanary"]he''s naturally talented but unprofessional and not very bright so he doesn''t have the potential to improve his game and he doesn''t have the work ethic to play to a consistent level week in week out. Peter Grant knows this and will get rid of him in the summer. I think most mangers and fans will tear their hair out over PMV but perhaps somewhere there is a club and a manger with whom he can thrive. It''s just never gonna be NCFC.

on the ball city!
[/quote]

NO... because NCFC has too many stupid fans...

McVeigh is scoring (and has turned around Burnley''s fortunes) because he is playing upfront...

HE IS A CENTRE FORWARD ffs!!!

When did he last play anything like a full game upfront for City???  oh yeah December 2005/Jan 2006.... 5 goals in about as many games I seem to remember....  When was the last time previous to that???  Play-off season on the run-in.

I don''t see Alex Ferguson playing Wayne Rooney out on the wing and wondering why he ain''t getting the best out of him, do you???

I cant believe people are still getting on his back. He has rarely been given the opportunity to play upfront for Norwich and certianly not for a a run of games. I would get cheesed off with being thrown on the wing and as soon as I get an opportunity to play upfront the manager goes out and buys or loans other strikers the same as him. He was excellent the promotion season and that was mainly on the wing. he has fantastic ball control, probably the best at the club, but you dont much of an opportunity to use it running up and down the wing.

It is no surprise to me that both he, Jarvis and cureton are all doing better at other clubs as they are being given the opportunity to play in their best positions regularly. I just wish our previous manager had the same outlook on loaning out players, instead of loaning so much crap in.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="jonercanary"]he''s naturally talented but unprofessional and not very bright so he doesn''t have the potential to improve his game and he doesn''t have the work ethic to play to a consistent level week in week out. Peter Grant knows this and will get rid of him in the summer. I think most mangers and fans will tear their hair out over PMV but perhaps somewhere there is a club and a manger with whom he can thrive. It''s just never gonna be NCFC.on the ball city![/quote]

NO... because NCFC has too many stupid fans...

McVeigh is scoring (and has turned around Burnley''s fortunes) because he is playing upfront...

HE IS A CENTRE FORWARD ffs!!!

When did he last play anything like a full game upfront for City???  oh yeah December 2005/Jan 2006.... 5 goals in about as many games I seem to remember....  When was the last time previous to that???  Play-off season on the run-in.

I don''t see Alex Ferguson playing Wayne Rooney out on the wing and wondering why he ain''t getting the best out of him, do you???

[/quote]Totally inaccurate yet again smudger. Remember when McVeigh''s contract was due to run out last time and all of a sudden we had a different player on our hands, full of energy and wanting to play for us?.....No....because you don''t attend games.