Sign in to follow this  
jdungos

THE CARROW ROAD SCOREBOARDS

are a discrace, this has been buging me for some time now, the letters have got big chunks missing and there are parts of the boards illuminated that shouldn''t be (mainly the away team score, but this may be intentional, lol!!!), Also I know that these boards have always had this but that bit that seperates the team names/score from the amount of time played just looks like it puts a number 1 infront of the time (i''m not saying this confuses me before you start with the old 190 minute game etc, etc stuff, but it just bugs me). they are no where near on par with the majority of our competitors scoreboards either.The score boards look old, dated and to be honest as embarrasing as some of our results this year, they should be replaced but again this comes down to finance, surely we can afford for these to be replace or are we really that broke???

are they?

shockingly awful i must admit compaired to most teams!

are they just being replaced with exactly the same thing or something a bit more fancy?

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]They''re being replaced in the summer.[/quote]

Bang goes another big signing then!

My wife will be pleased - her first game of the season and she said they were an embarrassment.

She also thought that Chris Martin ran like a woman!  

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

My wife will be pleased - her first game of the season and she said they were an embarrassment.

She also thought that Chris Martin ran like a woman!  

[/quote]

My missus would have made me get a step ladder and change the scoreboard bulbs.........Although, she does wear a dress or skirt occasionally - as well as the trousers in the home......

I also thought that Chrissy Boy ran a bit like Penelope Pitstop from Wacky Races......No doubt I''ll be pillorised for havin'' a cheap shot at a squad member...........who runs like a girl. I wonder if he throws like one as well?[:P] 

Only Jokin''.........[:P]    But, y''know Eagle''s hair makes him look like.............

[quote]are they just being replaced with exactly the same thing or something a bit more fancy?[/quote]You probably couldn''t buy exactly the same thing these days, If I recall correctly the scoreboard at the Barclay End was put in in the early 80s, think ZX Spectrum in terms of comparitive computing power.I could have sworn that Dickson Etuhu was wearing eye-liner last game.

well i like them. abit of old fashioned tradition round the ground. why does everything hav to be flash and new, i think we should keep the old score boards

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]are they just being replaced with exactly the same thing or something a bit more fancy?[/quote]

You probably couldn''t buy exactly the same thing these days, If I recall correctly the scoreboard at the Barclay End was put in in the early 80s, think ZX Spectrum in terms of comparitive computing power.

I could have sworn that Dickson Etuhu was wearing eye-liner last game.
[/quote]

Don''t diss the ZX Spectrum!! I still use mine [;)]

And as for the scoreboard thing, I think the writing has been on the wall for some time

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/337305/ShowPost.aspx

Don''t laugh! The way things are goin'' finance wise......We''ll have Mr Cullen and Doncaster, walking round the pitch perimeter with a blackboard indicating the score and scorers. Closely followed by Delia with her tray floggin'' "sweets, crisps, drinks.............shares!" With the rest of the Board replacin'' divots with forks at halftime, and the non-selected and injured members of the playing squad serving bovril an'' stuff behind the ''cabin'' counters.

Terry the Kit-man workin'' alongside the youth-team, will be laundering the dirty strips in the Wensum......Every little helps! [:P] 

I''m tempted to buy the old scoreboard and stick it in the back garden.  The light that it produces should be about enough to compete with my next door neighbours'' solar powered 1 lumiere jobs (B&Q, 12.99).  And the heat that the bulbs knock out would make for a very pleasant effect on my patio.If it comes up on ebay I''ll bid a fiver.

"Video board in front of the hotel please"Has been asked of the Club - response was "We can''t afford it" (der...well sell some advertising and sponsorship and it will pay for itself)The reason the scorebaord looks like it does is "those bulbs are bloody expensive y''know"

I second the thoughts of Jas here, by memory I can''t remember how the windows are structured on the pitchside view, but surely this should be a possibility. Expensive, indeed, but the profile of the stadium will be of a much higher standard and I think this should at least be deeply considered.

Away from that idea, does anyone (Pete in particular) know what the current scoreboards are going to be replaced with?

No idea. Can''t imagine they''ll be much different to those already in place (apart from actually working that is) due to space constraints. Although I see no reason why the club can''t knock out a couple of executive boxes and stick in a couple of Sony Jumbotrons at each end...

I miss the scoreboard we had at the end of the 80s with the little egg men that jumped up and down each time we scored (not such a rarity back then).

Bring ''em back and let the good times roll!

(OK, so we could also do with fullbacks the quality of Bowen and Culverhouse, Crook and Phelan in midfield, and a fired-up Fleck up front, but I''m daydreaming again...)

i was thinking bout posting about this last nite in bed but have been in ipshit allday so i havnt had the time.

[quote user="Grando"]I miss the scoreboard we had at the end of the 80s with the little egg men that jumped up and down each time we scored (not such a rarity back then). Bring ''em back and let the good times roll! (OK, so we could also do with fullbacks the quality of Bowen and Culverhouse, Crook and Phelan in midfield, and a fired-up Fleck up front, but I''m daydreaming again...)[/quote]

they had them when i started going in 1991/92.. they also had 2 old codgers who would carry a board round the sidelines with the golden goal times on.. by the time they got round  another goal had been scored so they had to do it all over again! they always looked somewhat miffed! lol..

jas :)

I never understand this.  Every few months someone is banging on about the scoreboards.  Who cares!?  Can you see the score on them? Yes.  Therefore by definition they are doing their job!  They will probably cost many thousands of pounds to replace.  Stick with them until they break I say

Not down to the Club, I understand that it is an FA reg, possibly even FIFA to not allow any club to show time added on on screens or scoreboards.

[quote user="Cluck "]

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]They''re being replaced in the summer.[/quote]

Bang goes another big signing then!

[/quote]Well that made me laugh.Mainly because, it''s probably true!hogesarr

[quote user="barclay4ever"]well i like them. abit of old fashioned tradition round the ground. why does everything hav to be flash and new, i think we should keep the old score boards[/quote]

When I first started going there used to be a series of letters with hooks underneath them. If you bought a programme there was a key as to what letter corresponded to each match and at half time and full time there was a bloke came out with a bit of paper and a bucket full of numbers and he used to hang the appropriate number on the appropriate hook. I''ll never forget the day he ran out of sixes....

If you didnt buy a programme you were buggered. That traditional enough for you?

We do look a bit like a football Fawlty Towers - "Farty Owls", "Warty Towels" and all that. Norwich City becomes "Corny Witch" maybe.

[quote user="Old Boy"]We do look a bit like a football Fawlty Towers - "Farty Owls", "Warty Towels" and all that. Norwich City becomes "Corny Witch" maybe.
[/quote]

Itchy Crown.

[quote user="Old Boy"]We do look a bit like a football Fawlty Towers - "Farty Owls", "Warty Towels" and all that. Norwich City becomes "Corny Witch" maybe.
[/quote]

Or even Flowery Tw.......