Sign in to follow this  
tilly

THE MISSING DIRECTOR

[quote user="ob1"]

You can''t expect everyone to attend every game. Director or not.

Will you lot grow up... please!?

[/quote]

why not?

I went from 1996-2005 without missing a single home game.. i went to games with the Flu, Concussion, after Dislocating my knee cap, with stomach problem, a chest infection where the doctor dmenaded total bed rest...

We played Barnsley and drew 2-2 in about 1999 i think... i nearly passed out when we got the second goal due to the flu and spent most of the 2nd half propped against my seat dripping with sweat hadrly able to stand up.. still managed to swear at craig Hignett though...

if i had the money id go to EVERY away game too... a board member can afford it... theres no excuse to not be there...

jas :)

I wonder who he gave his seat to? Bet it wasn''t charity.

And as he appeared to have his wife with him, there would actually have been two seats freed up rather than one.

Now........................[^o)]

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

I wonder who he gave his seat to? Bet it wasn''t charity.

And as he appeared to have his wife with him, there would actually have been two seats freed up rather than one.

Now........................[^o)]

OTBC

[/quote]

Are you sure they weren''t sitting amongst the fans as they regularly (allegedly) like to do?

Just askin'' like........      [:)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Kathy"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Come on then Commander Tilson, just for us oiks in Barclay E who are too far away to see, name and shame please!

[/quote]

I think the clue is in Blylybabes post Nigel.

[/quote]

awww.. and I like him! I thought he was a proper fan like what we are!

Maybe he was trying to win enough money to make up the parachute payments? Bettings a mugs game, just ask that guy who bet me a fiver we would be relegated!!

[/quote]

Was that me Nutty???

If it was and U can trawl up the post, then I will buy you a pint or two one day!!! [B]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="ob1"]

[/quote]

why not?

I went from 1996-2005 without missing a single home game.. i went to games with the Flu, Concussion, after Dislocating my knee cap, with stomach problem, a chest infection where the doctor dmenaded total bed rest...

We played Barnsley and drew 2-2 in about 1999 i think... i nearly passed out when we got the second goal due to the flu and spent most of the 2nd half propped against my seat dripping with sweat hadrly able to stand up.. still managed to swear at craig Hignett though...

if i had the money id go to EVERY away game too... a board member can afford it... theres no excuse to not be there...

[/quote]

Business interests elsewhere...perhaps he had a horse running? Entertaining clients etc. The races may have been planned before the fixtures came out? Lots of reasons why he couldn''t attend...For goodness sake one game out of a "meaningless" season wouldn''t kill them. I seem to recall that Delia didn''t make the Tamworth game for "business reasons".

[quote user="yellow blood"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="ob1"]

[/quote]

why not?

[/quote]

Business interests elsewhere...perhaps he had a horse running? Entertaining clients etc. The races may have been planned before the fixtures came out? Lots of reasons why he couldn''t attend...For goodness sake one game out of a "meaningless" season wouldn''t kill them. I seem to recall that Delia didn''t make the Tamworth game for "business reasons".

[/quote]

her business... she was getting flack in the lead up to tamworth.. she was escaping humiliation through possible defeat

I personally expect a Director, unless ill, to make every game.  They run the club and have a duty to put other affairs aside for one day a week.

Oh, and to the person who said they do not get piad, Doncaster does it for free does he..?

[quote user="ob1"]

[/quote]

Besides one or two dissenting voices, this thread sums up perfectly why I don''t post on here as much anymore - all you see on here is witch-hunting and finger-pointing dressed up with snide comments towards other posters.

Indeed Temp. Should anyone dare to say anything positive then some plonker will come down on you like a ton of bricks suggesting you are an apologist with your head in the sand, and if you pose anything negative or critical someone else will accuse you of supporting a team down the A140. Its those cheap snide comments which constitute a lazy and cowardly approach, if this was a real face to face discussion they''d be getting some large bloke to ram your head down the toilet and say its all tongue in cheek.

But hey, the sun''s shining (nearly) and while polar bears might be drifting out to sea it looks like being a warm weekend for us all to enjoy rather than sending electronic bile down the fibre optic communications network.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Kathy"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Come on then Commander Tilson, just for us oiks in Barclay E who are too far away to see, name and shame please!

[/quote]

I think the clue is in Blylybabes post Nigel.

[/quote]

awww.. and I like him! I thought he was a proper fan like what we are!

Maybe he was trying to win enough money to make up the parachute payments? Bettings a mugs game, just ask that guy who bet me a fiver we would be relegated!!

[/quote]

Was that me Nutty???

If it was and U can trawl up the post, then I will buy you a pint or two one day!!! [B]

[/quote]

Wasn''t you mate, cuz the bet was struck inside the ground [;)]

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]

Indeed Temp. Should anyone dare to say anything positive then some plonker will come down on you like a ton of bricks suggesting you are an apologist with your head in the sand, and if you pose anything negative or critical someone else will accuse you of supporting a team down the A140. Its those cheap snide comments which constitute a lazy and cowardly approach, if this was a real face to face discussion they''d be getting some large bloke to ram your head down the toilet and say its all tongue in cheek.

But hey, the sun''s shining (nearly) and while polar bears might be drifting out to sea it looks like being a warm weekend for us all to enjoy rather than sending electronic bile down the fibre optic communications network.

[/quote]It wouldn''t be the same without people claiming the moral high ground though, eh Tumbleweed ? [:)]And don''t get me started on Polar Bears.  If they survived previous bouts of global warming they''ll manage this time.  The earth has been warmer than it is now, and we''re all here aren''t we.

[/quote]

Stick to Mothercare my friend.  Out in the big wide world people say what they feel and take what comes back without this kind of girlie whinging. Strange how when I arrived your little pack were jumping on anything you disagreed with...now I''d say it''s even stevens. Get used to it.

It''s a tough world....and if you can''t handle lively adult banter I suggest you ignore it and stick to picking flowers in this lovely sunshine and leaving peanuts out for the drifting polar bears. 

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"]Besides one or two dissenting voices, this thread sums up perfectly why I don''t post on here as much anymore - all you see on here is witch-hunting and finger-pointing dressed up with snide comments towards other posters.[/quote]

Yeah............sad, isn''t it.[:(]

But, it''s "Jolly good fun!"........[:P]

In the wide world cluck I just love the delicious irony in the way you responded. Andy Hughes'' passing is more reliable than your ability to properly debate a point, but hey I''m not going to rise to your bait any more than that. I''m sure we''ll have a good few exchanges on whatever topics arise over the coming years. At least its never dull supporting this club.

[quote user="ob1"]One director missing one game and 1/2 this board has a tantrum... it''s beyond belief.[/quote]

its these part time supporters..

alot of fans pay to go to EVERY game.. why shouldnt a board member?

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]In the wide world cluck I just love the delicious irony in the way you responded. Andy Hughes'' passing is more reliable than your ability to properly debate a point, but hey I''m not going to rise to your bait any more than that. I''m sure we''ll have a good few exchanges on whatever topics arise over the coming years. At least its never dull supporting this club.[/quote]

That''s the attitude Tumbleweedyourpants.  I''m sure we would be the best of friends in the real world.....if I could actually be bothered to talk to you that is........         [Y]

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"]Besides one or two dissenting voices, this thread sums up perfectly why I don''t post on here as much anymore - all you see on here is witch-hunting and finger-pointing dressed up with snide comments towards other posters.[/quote]

I really must read Animal Farm again.

OTBC

[/quote]

Here we are then Temp and TWeed.

A little light for your darkness 

ernst

Knut or Ernst?

The choice is yours.

Lighten up a little.

OTBC