Sign in to follow this  
tilly

THE MISSING DIRECTOR

Without naming him because i am sure numerous people at yesterdays game who sit in and around the directors box were aware that he was not in attendance maybe will be surprised to learn that the attraction of Fakenham races had far more of a pull.When spoken to by a friend of mine as to why he was not at Carrow Road the reply given were words to the effect that he had seen enough at Colchester last week to make him miss the WBA game.Whilst accepting this may have been a tongue in cheek remark i just wonder what our chief executive,the club media men or even my old friend Truthseeker would have made of it had it been said by any naughty Archant reporters or any arch enemy supporters groups ?And i thought negative comments only came from outside the corridors at Carrow road !

Roman Abramovich missed 6 weeks worth of games.  He''s still a committed director.I''m sorry, but I just can''t see what you''re trying to acheive.  If his non-appearance caused you such personal grievance, why didn''t you raise it with the man in question yourself ?  Why bring it up in a public forum ?

Does this mean that you can only be a director of NCFC if you attend every single game then ?????

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Roman Abramovich missed 6 weeks worth of games.  He''s still a committed director.

I''m sorry, but I just can''t see what you''re trying to acheive.  If his non-appearance caused you such personal grievance, why didn''t you raise it with the man in question yourself ?  Why bring it up in a public forum ?
[/quote]

Oh God....here we go again. If you could see how lame this "squeaky clean" protectionism appears to the majority of normal folk you really wouldn''t bother.

Get a life sunshine and accept that you and your comfy little PC brigade are not beyond criticism....although looking at the stupidly high gate against WBA I''m beginning to think that you''re all bloody clueless....or at best habitually stuck in your ways.

You and your ilk in particular fully deserve the crap club we now have to support...and I''m so glad I''ve finally moved on from being "there" come what may. Enlightenment at last!

You are such a wind up merchant, Cluck, I just love it [;)]

[quote user="Cluck"]Get a life sunshine[/quote]Cluck - Member for 7 months, 1,875 postsMyself - Member for 11 months, 1,385 posts.I consider myself fairly prolific on here, but the sites own stats show that your verbal c. difficile puts mine to shame.  So is it me that needs to get a life, sunshine ? [:)]

I bet he was chuckling in to his glass of champers too???

Because whether he won at the horses or not... he has certainly come up trumps in betting on how many fools would turn up to witness yet more c**p at Carrow Road next season!!!

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Cluck"]Get a life sunshine[/quote]

Cluck - Member for 7 months, 1,875 posts

Myself - Member for 11 months, 1,385 posts.

I consider myself fairly prolific on here, but the sites own stats show that your verbal c. difficile puts mine to shame.  So is it me that needs to get a life, sunshine ? [:)]

[/quote]

Yes Blah...but I use my fingers when posting.  The mind truly boggles where most of yours eminate.

I am however grateful to you for pointing out above stats (so it''s you who actually notices them is it?).  At least these ones would appear to be factual...unlike the Walter Mitty stuff from the CR "spin machine" you usually rely on to get by.

[quote]Yes Blah...but I use my fingers when posting.  The mind truly boggles where most of yours eminate.[/quote]I dictate mine using an Internet phone which is transmitted direct into the ears of labour camp employees of the Double Happiness Dictation and Laundry Service of Shienzhen, Guangshou province, China.  I thought you''d approve.Walter Mitty ?  Was he in a Shakespeare play ?

Maybe the Director was with our ''missing'' midfield?

I noticed that a certain Director was missing.........but, I can''t remember or really care for the life of me - who, it actually was?

Fakenham races in preference to Carra Rud? No contest! 10/1 on that young filly in the 1:30 Delia Derby Classic, "Prudence with Attrition" ridden by that ever faithful - but underachieving jockey, Major (ret''d) Marketing......

Who gives a sh*t if the directors attend a match or not ?  what matters is that the players attend !!   and there are times when you wonder where the hell they are .....   [:''(]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Yes Blah...but I use my fingers when posting.  The mind truly boggles where most of yours eminate.[/quote]

I dictate mine using an Internet phone which is transmitted direct into the ears of labour camp employees of the Double Happiness Dictation and Laundry Service of Shienzhen, Guangshou province, China.  I thought you''d approve.

Walter Mitty ?  Was he in a Shakespeare play ?
[/quote]

It''s pleasing to learn that you too are exploiting our third world friends....but suspect you haven''t yet grasped that the Chinese write from right to left.  This may well explain many of your indecipherable offerings in relation to htimS aileD (hope that helps) and her insidious destruction of our once proud club.

Walter Mitty (yttiM retlaW)?  It''s an old Danny Kaye movie about a man who lives out a life of fantasy...not so dissimilar to what the NCFC club Board are doing right now.

[quote]but suspect you haven''t yet grasped that the Chinese write from right to left.[/quote]It is true, they write that way in Mandarin and Cantonese, but they are kind enough to stick to the conventional left to right for English.[quote]Walter Mitty (yttiM retlaW)?  It''s an old Danny Kaye movie about a man

who lives out a life of fantasy...not so dissimilar to what the NCFC

club Board are doing right now.[/quote]Surprisingly, I beg to differ with your opinion.  There is a very real difference between commenting on change and effecting change.  You and I are the fantasists old chum. [:)]  

Yes they damn well should be there!  They are paid to manage our club from the top and show leadership, holidays and family stuff should not clash with matchdays.  LEADING BY EXAMPLE.  Something that does not happen on and off the pitch.

[quote user="sheded"]Who gives a sh*t if the directors attend a match or not ?  what matters is that the players attend !!   and there are times when you wonder where the hell they are .....   [:''(][/quote]

[quote user="JC"]

Yes they damn well should be there!  They are paid to manage our club from the top and show leadership, holidays and family stuff should not clash with matchdays.  LEADING BY EXAMPLE.  Something that does not happen on and off the pitch.

[quote user="sheded"]Who gives a sh*t if the directors attend a match or not ?  what matters is that the players attend !!   and there are times when you wonder where the hell they are .....   [:''(][/quote]

[/quote]

No they''re not paid !!!!

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]but suspect you haven''t yet grasped that the Chinese write from right to left.[/quote]

It is true, they write that way in Mandarin and Cantonese, but they are kind enough to stick to the conventional left to right for English.

[quote]Walter Mitty (yttiM retlaW)?  It''s an old Danny Kaye movie about a man who lives out a life of fantasy...not so dissimilar to what the NCFC club Board are doing right now.[/quote]

Surprisingly, I beg to differ with your opinion.  There is a very real difference between commenting on change and effecting change.  You and I are the fantasists old chum. [:)]  
[/quote]

Disagreeing with me now and again has to be a healthy situation....otherwise how will you ever learn what it''s like to be wrong?       [:)]

No confusion on my part "The Poster formerly known as ?".

The question to Tilly remains the same. Does he think that the directors of NCFC have to attend every single game?

I think you will find the Secret Life of Walter Mitty was a book by James Thurber long before a film with Danny Kaye in it.

[quote user="Cluck "]

Disagreeing with me now and again has to be a healthy situation....otherwise how will you ever learn what it''s like to be wrong?       [:)][/quote]

Sooner or later, you''re bound to be right I suppose.  Call it a monkeys and typewriters thing. [;)]

Forget the attending every game it was the stupid reason given that conveyed negative vibes from boardroom,something in times before Peter Grant that Mr Doncaster and others accused the likes of NCISA and Balls,Aiken and Gedge of. You cannot accuse supporters of being negative when idiotic remarks like those made at Fakenham are heard.

[quote user="tilly"]Without naming him because i am sure numerous people at yesterdays game who sit in and around the directors box were aware that he was not in attendance maybe will be surprised to learn that the attraction of Fakenham races had far more of a pull.
When spoken to by a friend of mine as to why he was not at Carrow Road the reply given were words to the effect that he had seen enough at Colchester last week to make him miss the WBA game.
Whilst accepting this may have been a tongue in cheek remark i just wonder what our chief executive,the club media men or even my old friend Truthseeker would have made of it had it been said by any naughty Archant reporters or any arch enemy supporters groups ?
And i thought negative comments only came from outside the corridors at Carrow road !
[/quote]

Was his wife with him?

[;)]

OTBC

Come on then Commander Tilson, just for us oiks in Barclay E who are too far away to see, name and shame please!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Come on then Commander Tilson, just for us oiks in Barclay E who are too far away to see, name and shame please!

[/quote]

I think the clue is in Blylybabes post Nigel.

[quote user="Kathy"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

awww.. and I like him! I thought he was a proper fan like what we are!

Maybe he was trying to win enough money to make up the parachute payments? Bettings a mugs game, just ask that guy who bet me a fiver we would be relegated!!

I''ve tried hard to resist replying to this, but hey, I wouldn''t be me if I didn''t.Have you ever tried self-deprecating humour before tilly ? Give it a go some time, some people don''t get it, but others think it''s worth a punt.

[quote user="Kathy"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He''s married then [:)]