Sign in to follow this  
barclay headhunter

Linvoy Primus

Did anyone see Match of the Day on saturday where Portsmouth beat the great Man United 2-1?

Did anyone notice Linvoy Primus ploughing into Wayne Rooney, knocking him clear off his feet, yet still getting the ball, in the penalty area!!

Weren''t we once after this defensive rock (Primus)??

But, instead we bought the Unpenetrable, Colossus *cough* that is Gary Docherty!

If we had Primus at the back, we could be in such a different posistion right now!

Any thoughts?!?!

I think that Primus never wanted to move away from his family, he just used Worthingtons'' interest  to get more money from Portsmouth. The talk at the time was that Primus was on 5k a week when we wanted him, and Portsmouth doubled that to keep his attention.  The people that knocked Primus when we were interested were wrong about him though, he''s still playing alongside Sol Campbell after all.

You are exactly right Headhunter.

Worthington tried very hard for some time after our last promotion to get Primus on board for the ensuing Premiership season. Whether it was really Harry Rednapp''s refusal to let him go or our boards'' unwillingness to push the boat out far enough, I''m still not clear. But there is little doubt that if we had got both Ashton and Primus on board that close season, we would not have got relegated.

I have seen Primus play at least a dozen times since then and he rarely has a bad game. Apparently he used to play in the same youth team as Sol Campbell.

The failure to secure the services of Linvoy Primus in 2004 and Dean Windass in 1996 have been to my mind the two biggest failures in City''s recent history.

One led to the departure of Martin O''Neill and the other hamstung Worthington with Doherty as a last gasp option for the last Prem season.

OTBC

Linvoy Primus signed a new deal at the time Worthy wanted to sign him.. he had no intention of joining Norwich city...

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Linvoy Primus signed a new deal at the time Worthy wanted to sign him.. he had no intention of joining Norwich city...

[/quote]

Quite right - by all accounts there was never any chance of us signing him, Pompey fans all said at the time that we were on to a loser in trying to sign him....and I seem to recall plenty on this very board suggested he was overrated and not what we needed!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Quite right - by all accounts there was never any chance of us signing him, Pompey fans all said at the time that we were on to a loser in trying to sign him....and I seem to recall plenty on this very board suggested he was overrated and not what we needed!

[/quote]

He was/is over-rated... but not as over-rated as the Doc... even by those of us who have always stated that the Doc is utter sh.*te!!!

[quote user="blahblahblah"]I think that Primus never wanted to move away from his family, he just used Worthingtons'' interest  to get more money from Portsmouth. The talk at the time was that Primus was on 5k a week when we wanted him, and Portsmouth doubled that to keep his attention.  The people that knocked Primus when we were interested were wrong about him though, he''s still playing alongside Sol Campbell after all.[/quote]

Exactly right bx3, he is very well settled into this area. He does a lot of work in local schools, I think he actually has a "Linvoy Primus" soccer school set up and does loads of presentations etc. He did get an improved contract to fend off our interest but I believe ''Arry was very happy to give him it as he was one of Pompeys lowest paid first teamers. Whilst I think there is some recognition that he has very much been the benificiary of Sol Campbells arrival, he has been consistently good over the last few seasons and is extremely popular amongst the Pompey fans. He is a religious man and does not drink, party etc so I suspect he still has a couple of seasons left in him.  Unless there is a dramatic change though, I can see him finishing his career at Pompey.

Mark .Y.

"He was/is over-rated"

If you think that after those two amazing goal-saving tackles on Saturday then I''m thinking you didn''t see them.  I''m imagining that you must stand outside your home protesting about whats on TV.  Is that as satisfying for you as standing outside the ground moaning? 

[quote user="barclay headhunter"]

Did anyone see Match of the Day on saturday where Portsmouth beat the great Man United 2-1?

Did anyone notice Linvoy Primus ploughing into Wayne Rooney, knocking him clear off his feet, yet still getting the ball, in the penalty area!!

Weren''t we once after this defensive rock (Primus)??

But, instead we bought the Unpenetrable, Colossus *cough* that is Gary Docherty!

If we had Primus at the back, we could be in such a different posistion right now!

Any thoughts?!?!

[/quote]Spooky - although you posted this first BHH, i didn''t read it beofre posting this myself:http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/3/919363/ShowPost.aspx#919363

[quote user="August 64"]

"He was/is over-rated"

If you think that after those two amazing goal-saving tackles on Saturday then I''m thinking you didn''t see them.  I''m imagining that you must stand outside your home protesting about whats on TV.  Is that as satisfying for you as standing outside the ground moaning? 

[/quote]

I saw them...

So two fairly lucky tackles mean that Linvoy Primus is the reggae boy''s Bobby Moore does it???

As for the TV...  maybe I should just stop paying my licence???  There is some awful c**p on nowadays!!!  [:P]

Spot on.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]I think that Primus never wanted to move away from his family, he just used Worthingtons'' interest  to get more money from Portsmouth. The talk at the time was that Primus was on 5k a week when we wanted him, and Portsmouth doubled that to keep his attention.  The people that knocked Primus when we were interested were wrong about him though, he''s still playing alongside Sol Campbell after all.[/quote]

Honestly Linvoy Primus is a Premiership defender with lots of strength, can''t see us can get him when we are in the Championship

We wouldn''t get him anyway. He believes God told him to sign for Portsmouth from AC Milan (I think it was them) so there was never any chance of him leaving them. 

(This is unless Cluck is very wrong and Delia is in fact God)

[quote user="7rew"]

We wouldn''t get him anyway. He believes God told him to sign for Portsmouth from AC Milan (I think it was them) so there was never any chance of him leaving them. 

[/quote]

AC Milan???,

Try Reading my friend [:)].

[quote user="FormallyGreenoForEngland"][quote user="7rew"]

[/quote]

AC Milan???,

Try Reading my friend [:)].

[/quote]

hahaha Linvoy Primus and AC Milan... now that has to be the funniest thing that I have heard all week!!!!