Sign in to follow this  
foxile

Leicester fan here

Been reading around your forum and there seems to be some confusion, just like to clear up Worthington is only here for the remaining 5 games thankfully. Leicester fans are gutted by the news, but we trust Milan to make a fine appointment in the summer for whom he will give his backing financially.

I am posting to hear your views on Saturdays game and Worthington himself, any feedback much appreciated.

P.S  - cheers for Martin O''Neill, they were five great years. 4 visits to Wembley, 2 League cup wins, 4 consecutive top 10 finishes in the Premiership. Strange how his worst sigining was in fact from you guys, Darren Eadie, 3million looked a fair price but unfortunately injuries ruined his time here.

sorry to spoil your thunder but i think you''ll find worthington & dangerous doug are with you for keeps. Why would Milan want to bring in somebody and their choosen back room staff if it was only short term?

i would start worry my friend!!!

you also won''t to pray that milan doesn''t give the guy money because it will be wasted!! expect the worst.

you''ll also find Darren Kenton wanting to leave as worthy was the reason he left us!!!

and for the record Eadie was and still is a god in these parts! enough said..

I can''t see Worthy getting the permanent job, but I expect he''ll do a good job for you over these last 5 games.

His downfall, in my opinion, was always his choice of transfers, and failure to revive the team when things were going bad. A lot of people got fed up with him for his ''corporate robot'' response to any match result - he always said the same thing, and never really made any clear comment on the match (much like Steve McClaren!!!)

He had several good years at the City, and was our most successful manager for some time.

Nigel Worthington was never a good manager in my opinion, he was a lucky one. And that luck ran out at the end of our Premiership season. People have mistaken his lucky success with good management - far from it. Some of the signings he made (Jarrett, Robinson, Hughes, Thorne) were mindless and this season, with players like Huckerby and Earnshaw, he managed to lead us to 17th place before getting the boot.

Now, I would like to see him do well for you for the remainder of the season (not Saturday, mind!) but I can''t see it. Unless, that is, he finds his luck again!

From a personal note, I hope you stay up this season.

Martin O''Neil would of left us anyway.. regardless if he had signed Dean Windass or not at the time...  he was using us as a stepping stone to a bigger club.

as for worthington.. he occasionally spots a good player in the treansfer market but his post gam interviews are clueless! he will spout the same piffle about "passion, commitment, and work rate" every week, win lose or draw... and would do for the next 3 years if u appointed him for that long.

He''ll do well to keep u up.. and thats not a sleight at Leicester either...

jas :)

[quote user="foxile"]

Been reading around your forum and there seems to be some confusion, just like to clear up Worthington is only here for the remaining 5 games thankfully. Leicester fans are gutted by the news, but we trust Milan to make a fine appointment in the summer for whom he will give his backing financially.

I am posting to hear your views on Saturdays game and Worthington himself, any feedback much appreciated.

P.S  - cheers for Martin O''Neill, they were five great years. 4 visits to Wembley, 2 League cup wins, 4 consecutive top 10 finishes in the Premiership. Strange how his worst sigining was in fact from you guys, Darren Eadie, 3million looked a fair price but unfortunately injuries ruined his time here.

[/quote]

You need to ask yourself why Nigel Worthington would risk 5 games if there wasn''t a contract at the end if he keeps you up. I know people around here think he is a fool but he is not that stupid!

[quote user="The Pit of Snakes"]

Nigel Worthington was never a good manager in my opinion, he was a lucky one. And that luck ran out at the end of our Premiership season. People have mistaken his lucky success with good management - far from it. Some of the signings he made (Jarrett, Robinson, Hughes, Thorne) were mindless and this season, with players like Huckerby and Earnshaw, he managed to lead us to 17th place before getting the boot.

Now, I would like to see him do well for you for the remainder of the season (not Saturday, mind!) but I can''t see it. Unless, that is, he finds his luck again!

[/quote]

you don''t win champioships over 46 games on luck alone.

Us Leicester fans are pretty confident he wont be here, Milan is a chairman that listens and we have already had the pleasant experience of this, i''m sure he has had a number of e-mails already of anti-worthington content. Hes a clever and cunning man, he dodges questions about the possibility of him being hired and i feel he has played this well. With Kelly we certainties for relegation, he knew we need a change and has acted, we will hopefully (fingers crossed) benefit from a honeymoon period all managers seem to have and therefore giving us the required points to stay up. Its sad to see us in the current situation, we are one of only ten clubs never to drop out of the top two divisions - we would be devastated if this came to an end.

Pretty pleased Kenton wont be playing if that is the case, a very disappointing purchase by Rob Kelly, not surprising as he has only made one worthy signing.

Not expecting a thriller on saturday, pretty sure you will get a result, Huckerby looks dangerous at the moment and will cause us problems. 1-1 final score.

Does anyone know how many tickets you have sold?

[quote user="hucks4england"]

sorry to spoil your thunder but i think you''ll find worthington & dangerous doug are with you for keeps. Why would Milan want to bring in somebody and their choosen back room staff if it was only short term?

i would start worry my friend!!!

you also won''t to pray that milan doesn''t give the guy money because it will be wasted!! expect the worst.

you''ll also find Darren Kenton wanting to leave as worthy was the reason he left us!!!

and for the record Eadie was and still is a god in these parts! enough said..

[/quote]"hucks for england"  thats a joke.tell me where are we at the moment top 6 of championship and with windmiller in charge i feel we will still be in the bottom half next season.

what has changed ?

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="The Pit of Snakes"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

no he did well in convincing our totally inept board to sign the reason we got promoted Darren Huckerby - with the help of the external buisinessman...  god we are run by a bunch of country bumpkin morons.

[quote user="foxile"]

Does anyone know how many tickets you have sold?

[/quote]All of them, as we always do (at least for the last 4 or 5 years)You mean you don''t?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Martin O''Neil would of left us anyway.. regardless if he had signed Dean Windass or not at the time...  he was using us as a stepping stone to a bigger club.

as for worthington.. he occasionally spots a good player in the treansfer market but his post gam interviews are clueless! he will spout the same piffle about "passion, commitment, and work rate" every week, win lose or draw... and would do for the next 3 years if u appointed him for that long.

He''ll do well to keep u up.. and thats not a sleight at Leicester either...

[/quote]

hey?  Leicester a bigger club than us???  Show''s how much you know JAS!!!  [8-)]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"][quote user="The Pit of Snakes"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

no he did well in convincing our totally inept board to sign the reason we got promoted Darren Huckerby - with the help of the external buisinessman...  god we are run by a bunch of country bumpkin morons.

[/quote]

couldn''t agree with you more CJF!!!  [:@]

Also agree with King of Latvia...  A more true word has not been spoken recently... VERY LITTLE HAS CHANGED and yet again we will find ourselves mid-table to bottom half (at best) again next season... Utter c**p that so many of our bumpkins are happy to beg for more of!!!

Despite what many say on here, Worthy was a good manager for a few seasons for us turning around a relegation bound team to a Premiership team. You can''t do this through good fortune alone. Unfortunately, since then he has gambled on squad size prefering to spend the money he was given on a few players on high wages. Most of those players haven''t worked out, and now we need to totally rebuild our squad as we are losing parachute payments and we find ourselves in a worrying position. At promotion, we lost 3 very important players who have never been replaced (Iwan Roberts, goal scoring talisman and leader on the pitch, Malkay Mackay leader in defence and Gary Holt midfield workhorse who just couldn''t cope with our Premiership season). Very, very few of those now labling him as ''rubbish'' were doing so when we got promoted. We gave a decent account of ourselves in the Premiership, our injury crisis has been largely forgotton which was for me the reason we got relegated (tied to our small squad). Our 6-0 loss at Fulham left a very bitter aftertaste in everyone''s mouth.

Otherwise his biggest fault for me is his old fashioned approach to squad discipline, and he seemed to alienate a good few players here. However, those players haven''t exactly set the world alight elsewhere (as you have seen with Kenton). I don''t think players these days respond to his approach when he ''gets tough'', their egos just can''t handle it.

I have a bit of a soft spot for the Foxes, two good mates support them. Good luck, I hope you stay up. I''m sure Worthy will do a good job for you for 5 games and even to possible promotion, but unless he has learnt from his mistakes he won''t take you further.

IMO Worthy is a good manager who made some bad decisions, in other words he is human. He is also a man of integrity, unlike Leicester fans who don''t even give the guy a chance...right now you need all the help you can get, especially with Mandaric in charge...and incidentally, our fans will out sing yours, as always, and we will also beat you on the pitch...

[quote user="ManchesterCanary"]IMO Worthy is a good manager who made some bad decisions, in other words he is human. He is also a man of integrity, unlike Leicester fans who don''t even give the guy a chance...right now you need all the help you can get, especially with Mandaric in charge...and incidentally, our fans will out sing yours, as always, and we will also beat you on the pitch...[/quote]

chears for the feedback everyone.

although i dont recall you outsinging us at Carrow Road earlier on in the season, but we all have our off days.

jas the barclay king:

martin o`neil would not have left us anyway for a bigger club like leicester. thats like saying peter grants using us as a stepping stone for stoke?

foxile:

good luck with worthy but if hes brought his own staff in hes staying on in some sort of role. be ready for his press conferences and enjoy playing spot the difference with his others as the guy repeats himself  constantly,energy levels, positives etc. also if you are a goal or 2 up at half time expect to watch leicester sit back and defend the lead then lose or draw. expect negative football and strange subsitions and expect a 3-1 win for norwich on saturday.

[quote user="Bob M"]

jas the barclay king:

martin o`neil would not have left us anyway for a bigger club like leicester. thats like saying peter grants using us as a stepping stone for stoke?

foxile:

good luck with worthy but if hes brought his own staff in hes staying on in some sort of role. be ready for his press conferences and enjoy playing spot the difference with his others as the guy repeats himself  constantly,energy levels, positives etc. also if you are a goal or 2 up at half time expect to watch leicester sit back and defend the lead then lose or draw. expect negative football and strange subsitions and expect a 3-1 win for norwich on saturday.

[/quote]

believe me, i am definetely expecting a 3-1, or worse, defeat now.

Worthington has come out today and said he wants us to pass the ball around and that he had a passing side with you guys, i was confused by this as many of you canary fans are saying he plays hoofball.

[quote user="foxile"]

[quote user="ManchesterCanary"]IMO Worthy is a good manager who made some bad decisions, in other words he is human. He is also a man of integrity, unlike Leicester fans who don''t even give the guy a chance...right now you need all the help you can get, especially with Mandaric in charge...and incidentally, our fans will out sing yours, as always, and we will also beat you on the pitch...[/quote]

chears for the feedback everyone.

although i dont recall you outsinging us at Carrow Road earlier on in the season, but we all have our off days.

[/quote]

off days? every day is an off day for norwich fans, especuially away from home, i hate the fact we dont seem to sing anymore!!!!!!

[quote user="foxile"][quote user="Bob M"]

jas the barclay king:

foxile:

[/quote]

believe me, i am definetely expecting a 3-1, or worse, defeat now.

Worthington has come out today and said he wants us to pass the ball around and that he had a passing side with you guys, i was confused by this as many of you canary fans are saying he plays hoofball.

[/quote]

My advice foxile is keep an open mind and form your own opinion.  Take what''s said on here with a pinch of salt, there are some sadcases around with an axe to grind who''d take enormous pleasure from inciting Leicester fans to get on Worthy''s back before he''s even kicked a water bottle . . . 

Worthy is well respected inside football I believe, and is what you might call a "managers'' manager".  He''s anything but a media-generated "Manager as Celebrity" type.  I know that''s what some fans want now, viz. the negative comments on here about his post-match interviews. 

He''s not wedded to a particular style of football.  He''s a "points before performances" man, but if he can get results by playing good football then so much the better - in that respect he''s not unlike Martin O''Neill.  We didn''t win the Championship in 2004 by playing hoofball. 

Mandaric is no fool.  He''ll either back him or sack him, don''t worry about that. 

[quote user="mystic megson"]

My advice foxile is keep an open mind and form your own opinion.  Take what''s said on here with a pinch of salt, there are some sadcases around with an axe to grind who''d take enormous pleasure from inciting Leicester fans to get on Worthy''s back before he''s even kicked a water bottle . . . 

Worthy is well respected inside football I believe, and is what you might call a "managers'' manager".  He''s anything but a media-generated "Manager as Celebrity" type.  I know that''s what some fans want now, viz. the negative comments on here about his post-match interviews. 

He''s not wedded to a particular style of football.  He''s a "points before performances" man, but if he can get results by playing good football then so much the better - in that respect he''s not unlike Martin O''Neill.  We didn''t win the Championship in 2004 by playing hoofball. 

Mandaric is no fool.  He''ll either back him or sack him, don''t worry about that. 

[/quote]

Excellent post regarding Worthy mystic... [Y]

where as our board Dithered.... and i diasgree with the Comments about Worthys post match interviews... they insult the fans intelligence.. when the side played badly he''d come out and say "the passion, commitment, and work rate was 2nd to none" he never stated what we all could see... which just angered the fans even more....

Yes he took us up and the playoff final etc.. but the way we played during his tenure didnt change 1 jot... im no Worthy fan and never was... i still say he got lucky for the majority of his career.. and the promotion season was from a very poor championship.. Hucks made the difference... he''s older now and the championship is better.. worthys "athletes" he favours wont bring success.. he needs footballers...

Two great last posts there guys, cheers.

I really dont know what to think of the man, yesterday i was dissappointed with the appointment, but felt Milan had done well to get a manager in for such a short space of time as we needed a change. Personally i dont think he will be here next season has Milan just dodges questions when asked about it. Its a matter of just wait and see.

where as our board Dithered.... and i diasgree with the Comments about Worthys post match interviews... they insult the fans intelligence.. when the side played badly he''d come out and say "the passion, commitment, and work rate was 2nd to none" he never stated what we all could see... which just angered the fans even more....

Yes he took us up and the playoff final etc.. but the way we played during his tenure didnt change 1 jot... im no Worthy fan and never was... i still say he got lucky for the majority of his career.. and the promotion season was from a very poor championship.. Hucks made the difference... he''s older now and the championship is better.. worthys "athletes" he favours wont bring success.. he needs footballers...

[/quote]and grant just slags players off in front of cameras ,on the radio what must this do to the players.

have you never heard of respect thats what worthy had for the people around him .

hucks made the difference who signed him.

[/quote]

The Championship is better?  Where did you get that idea from???

In my opinion  this season has shown the Championship in a worse light than ever before.... the standard of football by every team in it has been terrible!!!

As things stand you have Sunderland top of the table (who if winning all their remaining games will finish with 91 points).  If you are trying to tell me that this Sunderland team is better than Reading last season, us or West Brom when we went up, Portsmouth 2002/03, Man City 2001/02, Fulham 2000/01 or Charlton 1999/2000 then you are having a laugh.

Whoever wins the league this year is likely to do so with a very low points tally and imo will be the worst team to win this league for a number of years... 

As for teams like Preston, Wolves, Stoke and Colchester still being in with a shout of promotion via the play-off''s well I will say no more... the Championship is in a worse state than what it has ever been... yet the majority of City fans are still content with finishing in the lower reaches of it!!!