Sign in to follow this  
The Priest

Leicester fans on Worthy

I loved this...

According to Leicester fans, Worthy appointment really does have ''disaster'' written all over it [:P]

I remember the reaction to NW applying for the full time job here. He got 2% in an Evening News poll. Time will tell...

LeicFox Wrote:  "As ive said before ive seen what Worthington can do, he''s clueless depite getting Norwich promoted, when i was a regular at Blackpool games we had so many demonstrations to get him out, but the board never listened and he near on ruined the club before they took note."

"I hate the bloke with passion BUT if its only for 5 games, fine i accept it, but NO NO NO NO NO to a long term deal."

He must get cosy with the board at every club he manages... [:S]

to quote our majority share holder

"the best young manager in the country" hence why he is insantly loved by the fosse!

jas :)

seems to be a bit of a mixed reaction really, also i cannot belive the amount of posters who think chris coleman would go to leicester??? he''s a proven premiership manager he''s not gonna drop any lower than a play off chasing championship side.

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]seems to be a bit of a mixed reaction really, also i cannot belive the amount of posters who think chris coleman would go to leicester??? he''s a proven premiership manager he''s not gonna drop any lower than a play off chasing championship side.[/quote]

Most Leicester fans have suddenly become very big for their boots. They believe they will go up, sooner rather than later, all thanks to MM and the giant club and stadium that makes up the mighty foxes.

And as I''ve said on another thread, MM wasn''t solely responsible for Pompey''s previous success. Harry Redknapp has a certain claim on some of that.

It would be worth a snigger if it all failed (remember, MM has set himself a 3 year target for the Premiership) and even funnier if they got relegated this season...

i reckon leicester will be the championship big spenders in the summer so wouldnt be suprised if coleman gets it full time in the summer. cant see worthy being the manager next season but think he will be involved as mandaric likes the director of football role.the leicester fans are clearly not happy with the appointment, lets hope that benefits us saturday.

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]seems to be a bit of a mixed reaction really, also i cannot belive the amount of posters who think chris coleman would go to leicester??? he''s a proven premiership manager he''s not gonna drop any lower than a play off chasing championship side.[/quote]

We are a completely different proposition now that Mandaric has taken over. No doubt we are a big club and would not look out of place in the premiership, it has been the worst three years in the clubs history. Chris Coleman would have financial backing to take us into the premierhsip and keep us there. It would be a great opportunity to prove himself.

It is alot more realistic than when Norwich fans were suggesting Alan Curbishley would be interested in your hotseat when Worthington left.

[quote user="foxile"]

We are a completely different proposition now that Mandaric has taken over. No doubt we are a big club and would not look out of place in the premiership, it has been the worst three years in the clubs history. Chris Coleman would have financial backing to take us into the premierhsip and keep us there. It would be a great opportunity to prove himself.

It is alot more realistic than when Norwich fans were suggesting Alan Curbishley would be interested in your hotseat when Worthington left.

[/quote]

A big club would fill their ground occasionally......

[quote user="foxile"]

[/quote]I have to agree with this - Curbishley was pie in the sky. And if Mandaric came here we''d be equally optimistic about getting promoted and with good reason. Chairman that achieved what he did with pompey are few and far between and this will not be lost on Chris Coleman. I''m frankly staggered that Fulham have given him the boot -  if they think they can go further with someone else they should have sacked him in the summer. He was the best person to get them out of their current predicament whereas now they''re left up in the air and with a resurgent West Ham and Charlton breathing down their necks and a Wigan who look far from relegation fodder. I''d worry big time if i was a Fulham fan.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="foxile"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

In the premiership or at the top of this division we get 32,000 everyweek. Averaging 23,000 this year in the position we are is decent. And we are a big club. Just ten clubs have never dropped out of the top two divisions - Man utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton, West Ham, Tottenham, Newcastle, Leeds and Leicester. We have spent more seasons in the top division than second tier as well. I suppose Leeds are a small club because they have averaged around 17,000 this year?

[quote user="foxile"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="foxile"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

In the premiership or at the top of this division we get 32,000 everyweek. Averaging 23,000 this year in the position we are is decent. And we are a big club. Just ten clubs have never dropped out of the top two divisions - Man utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton, West Ham, Tottenham, Newcastle, Leeds and Leicester. We have spent more seasons in the top division than second tier as well. I suppose Leeds are a small club because they have averaged around 17,000 this year?

[/quote]

Of course I don''t remember Norwich ever dropping out of the top two divisions either. But the times where you finished bottom there was no relegation which you conveniently forget to point out. Origial yoyo club is Leicester.

Foxile wrote "I suppose Leeds are a small club because they have averaged around 17,000 this year?"

No, Leeds are a small club because they''re heading for League 1 just like you, lol[:D]. And to think, before you appeared on this board I was rooting for Worthy to turn it around for you - and he probably still will - won''t it be hilarious if he doesn''t though!?

give the guy a break .. he hasnt come on here to slag us off like some binnie would.. he has come to discuss worthington...

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="foxile"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="foxile"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Of course I don''t remember Norwich ever dropping out of the top two divisions either. But the times where you finished bottom there was no relegation which you conveniently forget to point out. Origial yoyo club is Leicester.

[/quote]

If you do your research you will find that stat is completely true, and i agree we are yoyo club between the top two divisions. In the past having there seemed to be a pattern of 5years in each on average. Norwich have played in the third tier of English football. You clearly know your club. 

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It maybe 9 in a few weeks...a defeat on Saturday and Leicester will be really in the reckoning for the drop!

Being a BIG club counts for nothing....there are bigger clubs than Leicester in the Championship now! Sunderland, Leeds, Sheff Wednesday... and only one of them looks like getting promoted.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Norwich have the potential to be a far bigger club than Leicester Foxile...

Leicestershire is quite a small county and there are many teams to choose from close by in the midlands...  Norwich however have a captive audience of over a million people who live in Norfolk and no other professional football team within 40 miles of them.

With regards to Leicester never having a worse season than this one... how about 1990/91?  They stayed up after struggling for most of that year by getting a result against Swindon was it on the very last day of the season in front of about 15,000 at Filbert Street???

[quote user="foxile"]

Although the club itself hasn''t set too many records it is part of an exclusive club of ten teams never to play outside the top two tiers of English football. The other nine are Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, Leeds United, Liverpool, Manchester United, Newcastle United, Tottenham Hotspur and West Ham.

thats from Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leicester_City_FC

[/quote]

That''s beacause there were only two tiers of English Football when Leicester joined the league. Impressive record though it is it doesn''t really tell the whole story as the times that Leicester finished in the relegation places they obviously had to apply for re-election back into the league in the same way clubs at the bottom of Division Four used to do. This system has never been fair as was seen the season when Leicester finished bottom of Division Two only to retain their status while Stockport County, who finished five points above them, were relegated.

Anyway, looks like you will hang on to that record for now just as we will be the only English side ever to have beaten Bayern Munich in the Olympic Stadium. However both our clubs haven''t got the history that us supporters would love to be bragging about.

Good luck to you for the rest of the season AFTER Saturday. If you end up with Worthy permanently I think you could soon be challenging at the right end of this division.

[quote user="foxile"]

If you do your research you will find that stat is completely true, and i agree we are yoyo club between the top two divisions. In the past having there seemed to be a pattern of 5years in each on average. Norwich have played in the third tier of English football. You clearly know your club. 

[/quote]

Norwich joined the league when there were more than two divisions so of course they have played outside the top two tiers. They also got relegated from the second tier in 1939, finishing a whole 14 points in front of the bottom club but beneath Nottingham Forest on goal average. .55 as opposed to .60!

Of course the year Leicester finished bottom a team 5 points above them were relegated!

How well do you know your club?

Foxile, as I''m sure you realise, I''m afraid you''ve bitten off more than you can chew with Nutty Nigel when it comes to footballing knowledge, lol! Anyway, good luck with the rest of the season (after Saturday, obviously!), I think that Worthington could be good for you, he was great for us until we won the Championship and he started to believe the hype.

Why all the slagging of Worthy? He gave City some of our finest times and is a good man who always tried his best...the Leicester fans are condemning him even before gets started...I hope they get their just rewards and he takes them down, bunch of whiners. I wish Worthy the best of luck at a club where he is appreciated.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="foxile"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="foxile"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Norwich have the potential to be a far bigger club than Leicester Foxile...

Leicestershire is quite a small county and there are many teams to choose from close by in the midlands...  Norwich however have a captive audience of over a million people who live in Norfolk and no other professional football team within 40 miles of them.

With regards to Leicester never having a worse season than this one... how about 1990/91?  They stayed up after struggling for most of that year by getting a result against Swindon was it on the very last day of the season in front of about 15,000 at Filbert Street???

[/quote]

Sorry to disappoint you but there are more people living in Leicestershire than Norfolk. 915,800 people currently in the county of Leicestershire.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leicestershire 824,200 in Norfolk http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norfolk - your estimation of over a million is way off the mark.

Yes we did avoid the drop on the last day, but i stated earlier it has been the worst 3 seasons collectively, not just the one.

I wasnt trying to get in an argument or upset any of you guys, i was just stating if we did relegated we would be upset we would lose that proud record. Although the group of ten will hopefully be down to 9, not because of us, but because of Leeds. We have always had a rivalry with Leeds and Dennis Wise being manager just adds to it.

[quote user="foxile"]

Sorry to disappoint you but there are more people living in Leicestershire than Norfolk. 915,800 people currently in the county of Leicestershire.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leicestershire 824,200 in Norfolk http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norfolk - your estimation of over a million is way off the mark.

[/quote]

Ha ha haaaa! This is brilliant! Well done Foxile. Smudger is a clown who seems to think that because we were brilliant between 89 - 93 we still deserve to be a Premiership club and that our fans are the "best in the world" (at moaning, maybe) and we are being let down. Booo hooo.

He also thinks that running a team is easy, just a simple case of "magic-ing" up a few gazillion and "off we go to the premiership".

And furthermore, he seems to believe that Norwich are the only "fringe" team with the possibility of being a "big" team and that fans of Leicester, Wolves, Derby, Forest, Bradford, Sunderland, West Brom, Birmingham, Cardiff, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds, QPR, Ipswich, Crystal Palace, Southampton, Coventry and Ipswich *spit*  are clearly delusional as they are just small towns in the middle of nowhere.

Good luck after Saturday, Worthington will do well with your team. He just needs a kick up the arse if his life gets too cosy.

at the end of the day both norwich and leceister are small clubs who have no hope of gettin newhere until they have a dramatic change. much like huckerby coming to norwich. if we made a similar sort of signing when we were in the premiership we would have stayed up. i think that if bentley hadnt got injured we would still be in the prem. 

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="foxile"]

[/quote]

Ha ha haaaa! This is brilliant! Well done Foxile. Smudger is a clown who seems to think that because we were brilliant between 89 - 93 we still deserve to be a Premiership club and that our fans are the "best in the world" (at moaning, maybe) and we are being let down. Booo hooo.

He also thinks that running a team is easy, just a simple case of "magic-ing" up a few gazillion and "off we go to the premiership".

And furthermore, he seems to believe that Norwich are the only "fringe" team with the possibility of being a "big" team and that fans of Leicester, Wolves, Derby, Forest, Bradford, Sunderland, West Brom, Birmingham, Cardiff, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds, QPR, Ipswich, Crystal Palace, Southampton, Coventry and Ipswich *spit*  are clearly delusional as they are just small towns in the middle of nowhere.

Good luck after Saturday, Worthington will do well with your team. He just needs a kick up the arse if his life gets too cosy.

[/quote]

Sorry to put a stop to your mirth at a fellow City supporters expense but Smudger is basically right in that most of City`s support comes from Norfolk and North Suffolk which does indeed have a combined population of well over 1 million-with sod all in the way of competition from other clubs or even other major sports. If you go to leicester or leeds you are as likely to meet a rugby fan as a football follower.

Facts are facts Mook and if you look at most of the clubs you have listed their support falls off a cliff when the going gets tough whereas ours just seems to get bigger. What does this tell you?

[quote user="foxile"]

Although the club itself hasn''t set too many records it is part of an exclusive club of ten teams never to play outside the top two tiers of English football. The other nine are Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, Leeds United, Liverpool, Manchester United, Newcastle United, Tottenham Hotspur and West Ham.

thats from Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leicester_City_FC

[/quote]

Leeds are already doomed.. that leaves 8 in that group. good riddance Leeds!

Have you noticed how the great managers go back to their old clubs to get their best players they signed ? Brian Clough -- Mcgoven, Martin O''Neill--Lennon, John Bond--Macdougall , Nigel Worthington--Thorne,?

Aren''t we forgetting something?  Leicester now have the Mandaric millions.  Pompey weren''t a big club and still aren''t but look what he did for them. 

Leicester, like Norwich, is a medium sized club.  They''ll never be a big club and nor will we.  Within the next three years they will however be a medium sized club in the Premiership, I predict.  Heaven only knows where we will be if our present decline continues.

[quote user="mystic megson"]

Aren''t we forgetting something?  Leicester now have the Mandaric millions.  Pompey weren''t a big club and still aren''t but look what he did for them. 

Leicester, like Norwich, is a medium sized club.  They''ll never be a big club and nor will we.  Within the next three years they will however be a medium sized club in the Premiership, I predict.  Heaven only knows where we will be if our present decline continues.

[/quote]

He does have a lot of money, that MM, MM (see what I did there?!?) but what he may have to go without is Harry R.

And when  Milan has been without HR in the past, he hasn''t been that successful...

We shall see.