Sign in to follow this  
Stevie-Devine

Youngsters

Yeh, Agree.. They are no use to have sitting on the bench and not getting a game

And next season loan dem out, let them get first team experience and when they come back they will b ready.

Good or bad they will be the first team regulars next season....so the sooner they get blooded the better. No Huckerby (Leicester or Celtic)...no Earnshaw (sold to pay for new quiche dishes)...no Dublin (rigamortis)...and no money...equals no experience and fragile confidence.

I''m all for playing kids...but ours aren''t good enough for a promotion challenge...which should be the prime ambition of our painfully "prudent" Board. Can''t see it happening myself...and Squealia will consider it a great success if we somehow stay up without spending a penny (on the squad that is). Table cloths?  That''s another matter altogether.      [N]

I agree that they should definately be given a shot, but you just know people are going to think "brilliant! They''re all gonna do what Chris Martin''s done!" Ummm, no. Chris Martin has done well, yes; but come on, if it was as easy as playing your youngsters then we would be promoted and have no problems whatsoever.

There are youngsters that definately have potential: Spillane, Cave-Brown, Lewis and Eagle have all been tried and tested; loaning them surely is the best option for the short term future. Maybe what the coaches should do is load up footy manager and see what they make of the Norwich youth team [:P]

I pretty much agree that we should be blooding a lot more of the youngsters, but and its a big but, we have to make sure that there confidence will not be effected if we lose some, I do think PG is getting the blend and mix of youngsters right, I would give Spillane and Cave Brown a few more games, lets not forget that all important local derby we have to contend with and we do not want to be risking it with them for me.

The youngsters have to be given a chance. Now that we are mathmatically safe from relegation I see no reason why we should  not give as as many youngsters as possible a game.

How else are you going to find out whether they can cut it or not.