Sign in to follow this  
arrdee

Free bet this weekend

Yes Posters i am out and about , thanks for the fine regards , never worry i wont let my fellow poster pickers down , i had drawn up contingency plans in the event of staying in hospital longer , these have no need to be evoked now , the future maybe,  but cannot worry about that now. all is in hand . so its down to G Jim this week to win the Academy some money , my selections are ,one which most will pick Lincoln , Dunbarton look nailed on , my next two are both aways , which is the hardest result to call , Dundee as Partick have not scored a goal for yonks and E. Fife, my two best bets of the day are crazy ones Palace to beat Wolves , and my nap of the day is Macclesfield , i can well understand if you don''t pick them G.Jim but good luck all , and thanks G Jim . R.D.

I''m glad whatever it is need not be worried over this weekend Ray.

I''m still trying to recover and after picking 6 certs, and only 2 coming in, I''m following my gut more these days. So:

Luton to beat Plymouth
Oldham to beat Cheltenham
Hereford to beat Boston
Brechin to beat Peterhead

No naps in those though...

Hi Ray,

I am glad to see you are back, silly me just posted on the original thread because I didn''t see this one.(senior moment)

Anyway as we have had not had many selections posted yet  I will do the pick tomorrow morning if that is not too late.

Welcome back, RD, and glad everything is tickety-boo... [Y]My picks this weekend are:Leeds vs BurnleyBristol City vs Yeovil (sorry, Catherine)Stafford Rangers vs YorkEverton vs Charlton (I feel the wheels may come off Charlton''s escape bandwagon on Sunday)

Yep thats fine G.Jim. take your time , i know all City fans will try an help you as much as they can because we all love our team , we want to win some money for our Academy , its all free thanks to Dixmar Racing , Evil whats this with you and York? let me in on it some time.Oh i do have to nip to the Hospital by 10 0clock sat (part of the deal to let me out early plus they wanted my bed) but will be back well before kick off to get the bet on , good luck all you pickers , and again thanks G Jim , i know you can do it. R.D.

Very glad to see you back Ray,

I think that:

West Ham will beat Sheff Utd

Colchester will beat Hull

This one sounds a bit mental but it''ll be good odds if it comes off - i think that QPR will beat Sunderland.

Forest will beat Brentford.

Yep good selections Jersey , you say "Not a great return" but perhaps it would be with Dixmar Racing , I feel its just breaking the ice with that first win and we will be away ,i know the season is getting late but i shall be doing all i can to get us something with Dixmar Racing next season , lets get our fingers crossed on that one , thats if you city fans want me to, remember its your free bet, so come on use it, good luck all, do your best for the team we all love, R.D.

Very long odds that look good:

Bolton to beat Arsenal (A) - 79/17 - always a tough match for l''arse, and with bolton wanting that champions league spot and arsenal''s form....

Fulham to beat Reading (A) - 10/3 - I rate Lawrie Sanchez very highly and feel he may cause an upset in his first match.

Short odds that look good:

Bristol City to beat Yeovil - 5/6 (H)

Stanrear to beat Forfar - 4/7 (H)

Lyon to beat Sedan  - 2/5 (H)

VfB Stuttgart to beat Hannover ''96 - 4/6 (H)

Barcelona to beat Mallorca - 1/4 (H)

Inter Milan to beat Palermo - 4/9  (H)

These are the shortest odds I could find, on results I liked, from all over europe.  The short odds provide a return of just £121.37

Good to see you here Ray.

My two for this week are:-

Arsenal to beat Bolton

Leeds to beat Burnley

Good luck all especially Gorleston Jim.

OK then, I have looked very long and very hard at all of the above and eventually came to the following :-I tried to rule out the shortest odds but couldn''t resist Man.Utd to beat Watford  (Jersey), surely if they reproduce a fraction of their midweek display they must be nailed on, my number one choice.I couldn''t fancy any of the Scottish matches, they all seemed to be the bad versus the very bad. Sorry about that to those who picked them.I''m very reluctant to back teams to win away, I did fancy all of Mac''s Perm''s picks but wasn''t brave enough to pick them for us, sorry Mac. However I did think  Jersey''s Liverpool to beat Man City away was worth a punt. My second choice.So of the rest only one fixture was picked by two people, Bristol C to beat Yeovil was mentioned by both 7Rew and Evil Monkey so I go for this even though Bristol''s promotion bid has been stuttering lately.Luton v Plymouth and Oldham v Cheltenham mbncfc both looked good homes to me , Luton will be bouyed up by their new owner and Oldham have good home form. Finaly Arsenal v Bolton from Nutty looks likely, Arsenal should end their run of bad results I feel.Man Utd to beat Watford  @  1/4Luton to beat Plymouth      @  5/4Oldham to beat Cheltenham @ 8/13Bristol C to beat Yeovil       @  4/5Liverpool to beat Man City  @ 4/6Arsenal to beat Bolton  @  4/6Which would return £227 at the above odds.Good luck to us , a win would give Ray some additional medicine  for his current problems.

All i''m going to say is

Monkerhostin is my tip for the Grand National. (20-1)

Also Hedgehunter (14-1), Billyvoddan (16-1) and Royal Auclair (40-1)

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]

All i''m going to say is

Monkerhostin is my tip for the Grand National. (20-1)

Also Hedgehunter (14-1), Billyvoddan (16-1) and Royal Auclair (40-1)

[/quote]

My method of backing horses amounts to the Norwich City colours and coincidence names, so how about this :-

News items this morning on radio, Prince William breaks off engagement and Greg Rusedski (the Canadian) packs up tennis.

Now Prince Will is ROYAL and AUCLAIR is a Canadian provence.

ROYAL AUCLAIR colours are yellow and green. Sorted eh ? Who needs a form book !

Yep the bet is on G Jim the odds are ,

Man U-------------3-10

Luton--------------11-8

Oldham------------8-11

Bristol C-----------5-6

Liverpool----------10-11

Arsenal------------8-11

Which will win the Academy £302-40p with Dixmar Racing, very good selections G Jim , every thing looks right , are you going to be the first winner? i think so , as you can see with the odds Billy Dixon gives us, Dixmar Racing are doing all they can to get us some money . well done G. Jim and thanks , good luck all , get ready for the kick off , exciting times R.D.

3 outta 6, never mind guys... those 6 looked like certainties to me, so we''re a tad unlucky there!Oh well, onto next week! [:D]

Sorry guys, two of those failures were mine.

They looked good on paper.
But sadly, football isn''t played on paper... [:P]

If it makes you feel better, I''m losing my own money on my selections too! (although I did win some back on Silver Birch - hurrah [<:o)])

Anyways, I''m sure we''ll get one win before the end of the season...