Sign in to follow this  
irishcanary

Man City/Huckerby

Reports suggest huckerby could make the bench for man city''s game on monday against leeds. Despite NW a passionate interview today as to why we should chase him, things are looking worse by the minute.

I won''t shoot you, but I certainly believe it''s an easy statement to make when you''re not holding the purse-strings and you have nothing to lose.

we know who is to blame, a board who have sat here for three months when they could be working things out - it is not just them, obviously Man City are equally guilty

have just read the piece on here with darren interviewed after the game, even today that has the power to bring tears to my eyes. We love you too Darren, come back soon

We know that in life we don''t always get what we want, but that player wants to come here, he accepts there will have to be a wage cut, he knows it will take some working out.

From the day he argued with his agent, I was convinced he wanted to be here. So for the sake of a few negociations and some money he will sit out another 18 months in Man City reserves? How tragic and what a waste when he could be winning us promotion, and driving shirts sales to an unknown level

To add to the one i bought with his name on in September. Go for it Doomcaster, pull this one off and I will publically kiss the lot of you!!

For a big outlay, i know it''s big mook, i acknowledge that, but the rewards are so much greater. He is magic, he is streets ahead of anyone else in this division and if we really, really mean to get promotion, we have to buy him.

Gazza how much of what I post below is not correct ? Please tell me as there appears to be little or no common sense from the Carrow Road Flat Earth Society.

We are fully stretched at the moment. The bank WON''T lend us any more money. So please explain where it is to come from. Despite all the shouting never once have any of the luddites came any where near to providing a coherent answer.

As to Huckerby''s much trailed pay cut that is meaningless. He knows that joining a First Division club will mean a contract of less than what he has now. Leaving to join us would mean Man City having to pay up his contract. Man City would look to us to do that ergo it is up to Huckerby to walk away from Man City''s contract and sign for us.

Given that he would lose the difference between what he is getting at Man City and what he could expect from us (about £750,000) you are either exceedingly naive or have very limited mathematical abilities if you think he is willing to take that kind of wage cut.

Were this to be removed then I''m sure we could afford his wages and Man City would take a structured transfer deal based on future appearances, goals, promotion, sell on fee etc

So get off the back of the board. Recognise who brought this all about and start giving them a bit more support because at the moment you are playing right into the hands of those who wish to see our club torn apart by futile dissent.

God the binners must be rubbing their hands with glee.