Sign in to follow this  

I posted a message on here about 4 months back with comparative attanedance league tables. Thought I''d do an update.

If we were in the German Budesliga we''d be the 12th best supported club

If we were in Spain''s Primera Liga we''d be the 11th best supported club (bigger attendances than both Deportivo and Real Sociedad)

If we were in Fance 1st Division we''d be the 7th best supported club

And if we were in Italy (which admittedly is in a total mess) we''d be the 5th best supported club (beating attendances for Palermo, Lazio, Torini and Sampdoria)

By the way, I went to the recent Real Madrid vs Osasuna game at the Santiago Bernabeu. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. About 65,000 there, but little atmosphere, dull football (other than a stunning Robinho goal) and just, well, flat. Van Nistelrooy seemed to be asleep most of the time. The so-called ''Ultras'' area consisted of about 500 people (there were more empty spaces in this section than any other), the loudest noise coming from the man with the drum. After about 10 minutes I could have killed him. I would guess that the average ''kop'' end of most Championship grounds consists of 2-3 times more people and makes 5 times more noise.

Theres''s been lost of comments about whether La Liga or The Premiership is the best league in the world recently, with three English teams through to the semis of the Champions League. Well, if this game was anything to go by in terms of atmosphere and excitement I''d say Division 2 in England would win hands down.

And 3rd in the Championship

And 14th in the Premiership.

Conclusions: [1] the supporters are performing, [2] the team is underperforming, [3] the club owners and board are not performing.

Obvious, innit?[:^)]

OTBC 

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

And 3rd in the Championship

And 14th in the Premiership.

Conclusions: [1] the supporters are performing, [2] the team is underperforming, [3] the club owners and board are not performing.

Obvious, innit?[:^)]

OTBC 

[/quote]and i''d imagine we have to pay more to watch our footy than in the rest of europe.