Sign in to follow this  
scotty is here LOL

The team lineup i would like to see next season?

HI canary fans i was thinking the other day what lineup i would like to see next season thats with the current squad not future targets LOL.

lewis

cave-brown       spillane         shackell      drury 

chadwick         Etuhu           safri           huckerby  

martin          earnshaw   

subs: Arnold , Colin, lappin, R jarvis, R jarvis

Let me know your views

come on city

Drury ahead of Lappin? That looks a good line up but we are yet to see how good spillane and cave-brown are. They definitely deserve a try. Chadwick would be best on the right if fit. Etuhu and Safri are the best central partnership but imo still a weak one as Etuhu is terribly inconsistent and Safri often injured.

Myself I would like to have:

Lewis

Cave-Brown  Spillane Shackell(captain) Drury

Croft (New midfielder) Safri Huckerby 

Martin Earnshaw   

subs: Gallacher, Lappin, Chadwick, Etuhu, Renton

We need a new attacking midfielder to pass the ball well, also used the young center half we have and made Shacks the captain!!!

not being funny, i''d love to see the youngsters come through, but to play cave-brown, spillane and lewis who all have NO EXPERIENCE and jason shackell who only really has 2 years worth would be asking for trouble... in my books yes you can play 1 or 2 inexperienced youngsters if theyre good enough, but you must have an experienced centre back to partner shackell who''s done it all before and knows how to handle the situation like many people have said before if we brought primus at the time he would have been an excellent signing

IMO:

I would like to have:

Marshall or Warren

Hughes               (New Defender)               Shackell (captain)          (New Defender)

Hucks               (New Midfielder)             Etuhu                  Chadwick

Martin             Brown

Bench - Dublin, Lappin, Fothringham, Spillane.

OUT: Safri (too injury prone and Grant doesn''t rate him.)  Earnie (don''t want him to go but we need the money to re-build)
         The Doc, Dury, Mcviegh, Thorne, Jarvis Brothers, Eagle.

IN: Two new midfielders, one spare and on to replace Safri, New full back/centre backs and New Left Back.

Time for a change. We look a shadow of 2003/4.

Go, go, go the city.

Cheeers All

All I can say is thank god that Granty is manager (even though I don''t rate him) rather than those that have named teams on this thread so far!!!

All the team line-up''s above would mean a certain relegation scrap (one which we would probably not pull away come April/May).

[quote user="koimatsuba"]

IMO:

I would like to have:

Marshall or Warren

Hughes               (New Defender)               Shackell (captain)          (New Defender)

Hucks               (New Midfielder)             Etuhu                  Chadwick

Martin             Brown

OUT: Safri (too injury prone and Grant doesn''t rate him.)  Earnie (don''t want him to go but we need the money to re-build)

IN: Two new midfielders, one spare and on to replace Safri, New full back/centre backs and New Left Back.

Go, go, go the city.

Cheeers All

[/quote]

Why midfielder Hughes ahead of right-back Colin or Caveb-Brown on the "right-back position"?

Joe Lweis hasnt even featured against Tin pot sides in the cup.. yet pepole want him as number 1!

he''s been around the first team for 3 years and never played.. that says something about him...

wouldnt be suprised if Lewis and Gallagher are both out in the summer....

Id like to see...

Warner/Marshall

Colin                     Shacks            New CB            New LB

Chadders               Safri               Spillane               Huckleberry

Earnshaw            Martin

subs Warner/Marshall (whoever isnt number 1), Drury, Ryan Jarvis, Eagle, Renton

Out: thorne, MLJ, Lewis, Gallagher, Brown, Etuhu, Rossi Jarvis, Hughes

jas :)

Id have to say...

Lewis

cave-brown       spillane                    shackell       drury

chadwick          etuhu                        safri             huckerby

(more threatening goal machine attacker) Earnshaw

[quote user="XXL16"][quote user="koimatsuba"]

IMO:

I would like to have:

Marshall or Warren

Martin             Brown

Go, go, go the city.

Cheeers All

[/quote]

Why midfielder Hughes ahead of right-back Colin or Caveb-Brown on the "right-back position"?

[/quote]

And why are so few people naming Croft?  Not even on the subs bench for a few people!

[quote user="Smudger"]

All I can say is thank god that Granty is manager (even though I don''t rate him) rather than those that have named teams on this thread so far!!!

All the team line-up''s above would mean a certain relegation scrap (one which we would probably not pull away come April/May).

[/quote]

Ok Smudger whats your choice then?

We all know its time for a change of players at the club, why is it when ever someone puts forward an idea or statement about THEIR opinion of the current state of NCFC that YOU slate everything they say. Trying to make out that they are a joke or don''t understand anything? Oh well never mind .....

Next ...

[quote user="XXL16"][quote user="koimatsuba"]

IMO:

I would like to have:

Marshall or Warren

Martin             Brown

Go, go, go the city.

Cheeers All

[/quote]

[/quote]

IMO Hughes has shown this season that  he is quite capable of playing in that poistion. In fact he is a better player in that position than in Midfield. I don''t mind Colin, but Cave - brown is an unknown to me. I just think that Hughes can now state his claim to that position. His midfiled skills also help city when moving forward as he can pass the ball forward as well. Cheers.

and why are so many picking cave-brown? how many have seen him play in the championship this season.

anyway what''s the point in choosing a side when we don''t know which new players will arrive in the summer. On second thoughts, given our board''s prudence and their massive outlays last summer/this jan you might as well.

1. new player

2 new player

3 " "

4 ""

5 ""

6  Huckerby

7 New player

8 ""

9 ""

10 Earnshaw

11 New payer

marshall

colin       new defender   shackell    drury

chadwick    etuhu             safri          hucks (capt)

earnie   new striker/ martin

i dont go to a lot of matches but can someone tell me whats happend to colin cus i was told he was playin fantastic and then all of a sudden hughes is 1st choice??

[quote user="The Canary"]

1. new player

2 new player

3 " "

4 ""

5 ""

6  Huckerby

7 New player

8 ""

9 ""

10 Earnshaw

11 New payer

[/quote]

hehehe I like it.... and they say that I am negative regarding all things NCFC

Even I would of kept a few more players than Huckerby and Earnie!!!

Would also keep Shacks & Etuhu...  anybody else has not done enough to warrant a place in my opinion and I would be looking to strengthen in all areas!!!

Realistically I would say:

Lewis

(New RB) (New CB) Shackell Drury

Croft (New CM) Safri Huckerby

Martin Earnshaw

Subs from: Gallacher, Cave-brown, Hughes, Spillane, Dublin, Etuhu, Chadwick, Lappin, Eagle, Renton,

what has etuhu done to warrant a place next year? consistantly poor, lazy and all you whimps who say hes "got it in him" - well maybe but i havent seen it on a regular enough basis

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="The Canary"]

1. new player

2 new player

3 " "

4 ""

5 ""

6  Huckerby

7 New player

8 ""

9 ""

10 Earnshaw

11 New payer

[/quote]

Would also keep Shacks & Etuhu...  anybody else has not done enough to warrant a place in my opinion and I would be looking to strengthen in all areas!!!

[/quote]

Well then Fudger....what would your XI be?

Warner/Marshall

Colin     (New CB)    Shackell    Lappin

Chadwick  (New CM)  Safri   Huckerby

Earnshaw         Martin

Bench: Warner/Marshall, Drury, Etuhu, Croft, Dublin.

Ideally we could do with a new right back aswell, but I''m pretty sure we wont have the dosh for it.

1. new player

2 new player

3 " "

4 ""

5 ""

6  Huckerby

7 New player

8 ""

9 ""

10 Earnshaw

11 New payer

[/quote]

You''ve hit the nail on the head with that selection Canary. I would probably also keep Shacks, Lappin, Martin and Etuhu

With some of the selections I''ve seen so far then I would have to agree with Smudgers analysis, " certain relegation"

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="The Canary"]

1. new player

2 new player

3 " "

4 ""

5 ""

6  Huckerby

7 New player

8 ""

9 ""

10 Earnshaw

11 New payer

[/quote]

[/quote]

I would replace # 1 and 2 with different new players though. Number 9 looks like a good prospect.  10/10 [Y]

Oh dear, i''m agreeing with Smudger. I haven''t seen muchfor me to want many of you fellow fans as manager!

I would go for

Marshall

New Player      New Player   Shackall      Drury

Chadwick     Etuhu      Safri / New Player      Huckerby

Earnshaw      Martin/Newplayer

I don''t think warner''s good enough to be honest, i''d like to see Marshall. I am happy with Drury and if he doesnt perform we have Lappin. At Centre Half we need a new partner for Shackall, someone with experience as Doherty is too unreliable and Dublin is too old. We also need a new right back as despite his effort Hughes lacks the quality if we have serious ambitions. Croft isnt the answer on the right, hopefully a fit chadwick will be a good player for us there. In the Centre Etuhu is looking good again, Safri i suspect may go and whatever the outcome i think need a creative player to add competition. Idf we have Earnshaw, then Huckerby should play on the wing and we just need a partner for him. If Martin Develops then he could be the man, although i suspect that we may need to sign another quality striker to be competative. Martin is good back up but i have serious doubts over Brown and Jarvis. As much as i would like to see the young guys get a chance, i believe the likes of Cave-Brown and Spillane should be 2nd choice in their positions.

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]

Oh dear, i''m agreeing with Smudger. I haven''t seen muchfor me to want many of you fellow fans as manager!

I would go for

Marshall

I don''t think warner''s good enough to be honest, i''d like to see Marshall. I am happy with Drury and if he doesnt perform we have Lappin. At Centre Half we need a new partner for Shackall, someone with experience as Doherty is too unreliable and Dublin is too old. We also need a new right back as despite his effort Hughes lacks the quality if we have serious ambitions. Croft isnt the answer on the right, hopefully a fit chadwick will be a good player for us there. In the Centre Etuhu is looking good again, Safri i suspect may go and whatever the outcome i think need a creative player to add competition. Idf we have Earnshaw, then Huckerby should play on the wing and we just need a partner for him. If Martin Develops then he could be the man, although i suspect that we may need to sign another quality striker to be competative. Martin is good back up but i have serious doubts over Brown and Jarvis. As much as i would like to see the young guys get a chance, i believe the likes of Cave-Brown and Spillane should be 2nd choice in their positions.

[/quote]

Most realistic post on this thread yet (from somebody that has tried to name a team from the players we currently have).

I agree with all what you say Matt (especially that goalkeeper, centre-back, right-back, centre midfield and another striker are the main area''s we should focus on).  That is half a team that we currently need a new first choice player who is better than what we have already got though... we also need to have more strength in depth.

We have to buy players better than what we already have in certain areas and move make competition for places in every area of the pitch...  We are a long way off that and it would be foolish to start mentioning to many names until we are given some kind of inclination as to the money available.

Saying that I would still like us to attempt to get Marshall in on a permanent basis if Grant can pull it off and would also like us to bring either Luke Varney or chris Porter in up-front (as in my opinion we still need somebody with a bit of quality and a physical presence up-front).   We need a quality centre back and right-back also, but how much money do we have???

Give us a clue of how much money is available and the and only then can I say what I would do with the team.

basically agree smudger, we dont know how much money for transfers theres going to be, so personally i wouldnt expect much past a few freebies (i.e otsemobor) or some cheap scottish squad players (lappin, fotheringham)

i also agree that we should primarily go for Marshall, but i cant see us getting him. Then its a case of Warner or Alexander from Cardiff (or both). GK is definately a position we should focus on.

I''d also like to see us sign another CM to rival Etuhu and safri. Also remember the african cup is next january so expect grant to fill this area.

In terms of strikers - Earnshaw, Huckerby, Dublin, Martin, Brown, (Jarvis, mcviegh, renton??) im not sure we would need another one. definately though if earnshaw was to go

Main strengthening should come in midfield and defence.

1. new player

2 new player

3 " "

4 ""

5 ""

6  Huckerby

7 New player

8 ""

9 ""

10 Earnshaw

11 New payer

[/quote]

Be realistic mate, it won''t be happen because we won''t have the money to do this! Also we have several goalkeeper, also Dion, Shacks and Drury have a big part to play in next season.

we do need fresh faces in the team so i wouls like to see....

marshall

colin         new def       shackell      drury

new r mid           new midf      safri          hucks/new midf 

martin      earnshaw/new forw

a new cen def is a must  plus he must be experinced in this league and i would make him captain.

new midfielder someone who  tackles and gives 100% in the 90 mins.

huckerby is our star man but i dont know if he will last next season without a rest so we need to get cover for him.

and also a striker who can cover earnshaw or martin if they get injuryed .the players i would get rid of are  docherty,brown,etuthu,mcveigh,thorne,fotheringham,croft,

i would also make dublin a coach.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Matt Hudson"]

I would go for

Marshall

[/quote]

Most realistic post on this thread yet (from somebody that has tried to name a team from the players we currently have).

I agree with all what you say Matt (especially that goalkeeper, centre-back, right-back, centre midfield and another striker are the main area''s we should focus on).  That is half a team that we currently need a new first choice player who is better than what we have already got though... we also need to have more strength in depth.

We have to buy players better than what we already have in certain areas and move make competition for places in every area of the pitch...  We are a long way off that and it would be foolish to start mentioning to many names until we are given some kind of inclination as to the money available.

Saying that I would still like us to attempt to get Marshall in on a permanent basis if Grant can pull it off and would also like us to bring either Luke Varney or chris Porter in up-front (as in my opinion we still need somebody with a bit of quality and a physical presence up-front).   We need a quality centre back and right-back also, but how much money do we have???

Give us a clue of how much money is available and the and only then can I say what I would do with the team.

[/quote]

Thank You Smudger, do i get a mention in the end of season awards now then!!!