Sign in to follow this  
XXL16

Our injury jinx -- but a chance for the academy to impress?

Earnie, Brown, Safri, Lappin and Fotheringham, striker and midfielder, all out injured and certainly hurt our chance to get more victories of the remaining season; but on the other way, if those first team players did not miss out, I quite believe Chris Martin, Kris Renton or Micky Spillane will never a chance to get some first team game.

Millions and millions times I had mentioned, if the young players never given a chance to play, he will never prove himself is deserving a place or not. Okay the manager saw the players day in day out, but certainly if you play footy and you will know, training and playing a game are totally different things.

I still hope Andrew Cave-Brown will get his chance ahead of Andy Hughes very soon, as Grant said he won''t like to play a player out of position.

Rick Waghorn mentions that Smart and Bexfield are in the Squad at the moment,seems a good time to blood them to.

blood em and see who''s cutting it - but loan the ones out next season who need to improve.  having some hungry youngun''s on the edge of the first team gives the older pro''s a gee-up, but balance is everything - granty should mix and match for next season - however, we still need to get some experienced bodies in for next season imo, and let go of the ones who are not performing. 

[quote user="Hump"]Rick Waghorn mentions that Smart and Bexfield are in the Squad at the moment,seems a good time to blood them to.[/quote]

Smart and Bexfield? Which position they play? I don''t know about that, any link of that article? 

Smart is a striker, very fast, kind of the opposite of Martin - they will probably work well together imo.and Bexfield is a midfielder i think?

[quote user="The Canary"]bally smart - awesome[/quote]

I heard he had lots of pace to offer, was it correct?

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]blood em and see who''s cutting it - but loan the ones out next season who need to improve.  having some hungry youngun''s on the edge of the first team gives the older pro''s a gee-up, but balance is everything - granty should mix and match for next season - however, we still need to get some experienced bodies in for next season imo, and let go of the ones who are not performing. 
[/quote]

Surely he will mix the youngsters and pro together, I would like to see our midfield three line-up at Safri-Spillane-Lappin

[quote user="AJ"]Smart is a striker, very fast, kind of the opposite of Martin - they will probably work well together imo.

and Bexfield is a midfielder i think?
[/quote]

So We will have Martin, Renton and Smart play strikers? :-O

Smart is a very Quick Wide player and Bexfield plays centre midfield and both left and right back a bit like Hughes but tens times better