Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Who can transform us next year?

Canaries start hunt for new players    Tue, Apr 10 2007 14:30
Norwich boss Peter Grant has revealed he is looking for a player to transform his side into winners next season.

Any nominations?

OTBC

Ian Hume - Leicester - Too push Lee Croft for a place, quality, quick, uses the ball well and direct, just what you need at championship level.

Billy Jones - Cover at the back and in the middle, young and looks a great prospect.

David Marshall - Fantastic keeper, we need someone reliable between the sticks.  The clubs history of great goalies needs to continue.

Bobby Hassell - Barnsley - Looks a decent right back, impressed me when I have seen him play.  Work in progress?  Worth a gamble maybe...

Other possibilities could be, Shaun Derry (Leeds) midfield enforcer, always liked the look of him when he was at Palace.  David Healy - different style to Martin, Brown & Earnie, sometimes to you need to change things completely, could compliment the squad.  Tony Warner, instead of/in addition to Marshall.

[quote user="jimmy500"]

Ian Hume - Leicester - Too push Lee Croft for a place, quality, quick, uses the ball well and direct, just what you need at championship level.

Billy Jones - Cover at the back and in the middle, young and looks a great prospect.

David Marshall - Fantastic keeper, we need someone reliable between the sticks.  The clubs history of great goalies needs to continue.

Bobby Hassell - Barnsley - Looks a decent right back, impressed me when I have seen him play.  Work in progress?  Worth a gamble maybe...

Other possibilities could be, Shaun Derry (Leeds) midfield enforcer, always liked the look of him when he was at Palace.  David Healy - different style to Martin, Brown & Earnie, sometimes to you need to change things completely, could compliment the squad.  Tony Warner, instead of/in addition to Marshall.

[/quote]

Please not Hume, we will need him to fire us to promotion from League 1 next season. Hes had a decent season as he is not a main striker, he plays like Rooney but obviously not as good, scoring 12 league goals this year is good. We would command a fee of somewhere between 1.2 and 1.5million, he cost us 750,000 and we no longer need to sell players, but of course we all know these days ''player power exists''.

Cureton - I reckon he''d be good cover for Earnshaw and giv egood competition, he''d jump at the chance of a return and wouldnt cost much

Jones - Good Shout

Mark Gower- Scored alot of goals this year from midfield in a struggliong southend team, i dont know much about him but could maybe be a good player for us.

This would add more strength in depth, but we probably need to make a couple of big sigfnings to transform us.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Norwich boss Peter Grant has revealed he is looking for a player to transform his side into winners next season.

Any nominations?

OTBC

[/quote]

The only thing that can transform us is a new Board and a manager with flair. Dull Board plus dull manager equals dull team.

So in essence....nothing will change until the whole mood around the place is revitalised....and no single player on the pitch can achieve that alone.

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Any nominations?

OTBC

[/quote]

So in essence....nothing will change until the whole mood around the place is revitalised....and no single player on the pitch can achieve that alone.

[/quote]

Isnt that precisely what Hucks DID achieve a few years ago?

Good call on Bobby Hassell, Jimmy 500, I too have been rather impressed with him on the few occasions I''ve seen him.  Could do a lot worse to fill a spot that has been difficult since Eddie was allowed to leave.

[quote user="Creative Midfielder"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Any nominations?

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Isnt that precisely what Hucks DID achieve a few years ago?

[/quote]

Then it was a diamond set amidst a setting of glass. This time even a diamond cannot transform a cow pat. (Confucius)

I''m trying to pull a few favours in with some old mates, I reckon with a bit of a sweetner I could get Rooney and Ronaldo on lan for the season.

Other than that, I think a James Collins, Jon Otsomemememebooor, how ever you spell it, Billy Jones, Henrik Pederson.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Any nominations?

OTBC

[/quote]

I don''t know, perhaps somebody from the Premiership because you know when there are more overseas come in for the EPL, there are more surplus which will consider to play in the lower level; but you know, they want more money which I really do not think we had the power to supply them

[quote user="The Canary"]Freddy Eastwood?[/quote]

If Southend United go down, but also if we had enough money to pay the Shrimpers...

Whilst it is very nice to wish for  these great players, it has to be remembered that we will have three clubs coming down this year who will be swimming in the Premiership money. If Birmingham or Derby don''t get promoted then there will be at least four clubs willing to pay silly money for these best available players. I can''t see us competing with them financially unless we sell Ernie or the board has a big change of monetary policy. I think PG will have to look for some more "Lappin" type bargains either here or abroad, anyway it looks as though we could have quite an interesting close season to look forward to.