Sign in to follow this  
Pinks

Ipswich Town

Living in Ipswich, I was given tix watch them  v Derby on Saturday. I thought it would be a good laugh to see them beaten. Things didn''t go to plan, but two thing were still amusing:

1) Alex Bruce running away from Bywater after being sent off and then realising 24,319 people were watching his cowardice and stopping to offer him to continue in the tunnel from 10 yards away.

2) Jeffers celebrating his goal without a shirt and yellow card before Haynes doing the same after his winner. I know they aren''t the cleverest bunch generally... but duh!

Since the game I understand that De Vos is out for the rest of the season and Bruce likewise (appeal depending).

So it looks like there''s a few defensive worries ahead of Sunday and a start for old supermarket trolley legsWilnis is a cert.

I think the only players we have to worry about are Jeffers who''s on fire, young Peters whos very fast and  last 20 min man Haynes who is a thorn in our sides and seems to score in the last 5 mins of any game he plays

[quote user="cityangel"]

I think the only players we have to worry about are Jeffers who''s on fire, young Peters whos very fast and  last 20 min man Haynes who is a thorn in our sides and seems to score in the last 5 mins of any game he plays

[/quote]

I was thinking that their defensive problems may be exploited by messrs Croft/Huckerby/Earnshaw/Martin.

Peters is fast but doesn''t appear to go past defenders.

Jeffers....on fire? Well, he''s scored three goals since he''s been there. Two of those came in the five two win against a poor Hull side and the five one win against an equally poor Barnsley side.

Haynes is a problem. We all know about him ,but so must Grant. I think they are called impact players.

i trust you have had a good wash and got the scum from your skin !!!!

Sunday will be a cakewalk - they are not great are they - go for the kill straight from kick off - 2 early goals and we end up winning comfortably - then the little twonk becomes an irrelvance - much like the club he plays for

I really do not know who Peters is